Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #121
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctarie View Post
Edad any word from F.R. Factory . Are they keeping you apprise to the progress ?

Yeah, I've been swapping emails with Gary. They're sticking to our schedule of work completing and PDI tomorrow (Monday) and me going out for my inspection on Wednesday. Which is impressive given a shutdown due to snow and ice and then my locking the deadbolts (yes- thru all of this, I played the dumba$$ card).
Old 02-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #122
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yeah, I've been swapping emails with Gary. They're sticking to our schedule of work completing and PDI tomorrow (Monday) and me going out for my inspection on Wednesday. Which is impressive given a shutdown due to snow and ice and then my locking the deadbolts (yes- thru all of this, I played the dumba$$ card).

Are they putting you up in a hotel or helping with travel expenses ?
Happy for you that they are keeping their word.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #123

I am saddened every time I see this thread. Forest River explained that they made an error and are now trying to make it right but the thread title does not reflect this. The thread title only makes a negative statement against Forest River. How about a change to "and is now being corrected". Keep slamming Forest River and they may stop providing the excellent service we all expect when going back to the factory. I know the factory has always taken care of me even when out of warranty.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #124

MrClic...If the FR factories had some level of quality control, we wouldn't have all these issues. My new 2014 TT had 14 warranty repairs that took 6 months to correct.
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
ts12i30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #125
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClic View Post
I am saddened every time I see this thread. Forest River explained that they made an error and are now trying to make it right but the thread title does not reflect this. The thread title only makes a negative statement against Forest River. How about a change to "and is now being corrected". Keep slamming Forest River and they may stop providing the excellent service we all expect when going back to the factory. I know the factory has always taken care of me even when out of warranty.
I couldn't DISagree with you more. Why on earth would FR "stop providing" excellent service when it's THEIR screw up that makes it necessary for buyer of their product to have their units returned to the factory?

The price of these units have the first year warranty built in to the price, trust me. Therefore they should be held TO that warranty work, and when a buyer sacrifices time spent in a unit they paid for with their hard-earned money, then continue to pay those notes while FR has it because of something THEIR factory fubar'd, they deserve criticism.

AND, when they fubar the return-to-the-factory warranty work....they deserve more criticism.

What? We're supposed to just pat 'em on the shoulder and tell 'em what good little folks they all are for correcting their own snafu, which came about as the result of a previous snafu?

Let's count the snafus;

1. factory snafu
2. back to the factory to fix that original factory snafu
3. back to the factory to correct the previous 2 factory snafus

It's not as if these are snafus made by dealers or other repair shops.

ependydad doesn't have his RV back yet. IMO it's way too premature to start giving kudos to the factory. What if it comes back to him *again* without being repaired correctly?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #126
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12i30 View Post
MrClic...If the FR factories had some level of quality control, we wouldn't have all these issues. My new 2014 TT had 14 warranty repairs that took 6 months to correct.
Mrclic
Glad to hear they cover you out of warranty. How so?

The qc really could be better imo from the 2 new units I $$$$ in last 2 years.
Reputation for good qc is earned and I really have not seen it.
I know I didnt pay enough for that.
Customer service making things right has to be good they get plenty of practice and im glad it mostly is.
Funny that said I still think they make some of the better units out there.
What does that say about the rv industry as a whole

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #127
In Search of a Vacation

Glad it looks like yours is going well!! We're still waiting on ours..... It went through PDI two weeks ago and then had to go back to the factory again for additional repairs. Then last week we got told the " we were out due to weather for two days" and haven't heard any additional updates. Hoping that we hear something this week, we'd love to actually get our unit back as I know you guys are anxious to get yours back as well. Good Luck !!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #128
Moderator Emeritus

Not to pile on but the current RV industry reminds me of the American car industry in the 70's and 80's. We would still be getting crappy cars from them if the Japanese hadn't come along and proved that much better quality cars could be made. Honestly, I wish the Koreans or Japanese would get into this industry.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #129
Infractee

The sad truth is, it is all about economics and the bean counters run FR, as they do with all corporations.

Every defect that gets past PDI and is eventually found and fixed by the owner, is more money in FR's pocket, if not by design then by accident. They count on this, they have entire fiscal spreadsheets that depend on the fact that quite a few new owners are either not going to find it, are not going to return the unit to dealer to have it fixed or, will trade it in for a new one if a major problem is found, passing it on to the next sap...I mean owner.
This skews their QA analysis as well, giving them a false sense of satisfied owners. Unfortunately they have no need change there ways, they sell thousands of new units every year, business is booming, so what if a few dissatisfied customers happen along the way, in he big picture they are meaningless.

I would personally love to think of FR as a nice mom & pop run business that really cares about each an every one of their customers but due to the demands of the stockholders, this just can not be. Business is business, even when the business has to deal with something fun like an RV.

I know they have problems, I see the horror stories listed here and there, delaminations, walls cracking, pin boxes with broken welds, entire campers moving on the frame etc etc. Yet I just ordered a brand new camper from FR yet again. Am I brain damaged? Nope, I just buy it and hope for the best.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #130

Totally agree with you arcadianbob. After buying a new car I would then spend the next month writing down all the things wrong with it. Then after setting up an appointment with the dealership the defects might or might not be fixed properly. From a consumer stand point, the best thing that ever happened to the auto industry was Japanese imports.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #131

They can build a good product. Our Flagstaff was built in July of 2010 and we bought it in August 2010. We have spent over 500 nights in it, run over 9000 miles with it and haven't had a single problem. Are going to do 8000 miles this year and will be living in it until this October, which will make 16 months straight.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #132
Always Learning

Quote:
I am saddened every time I see this thread. Forest River explained that they made an error and are now trying to make it right but the thread title does not reflect this. The thread title only makes a negative statement against Forest River. How about a change to "and is now being corrected".
I think that's fair. I've updated the thread title to include that a resolution is in progress.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #133

Quote:
why should we even have to get the factory involved? Do we have to go to Detroit or Japan to get our cars and trucks fixed? Isn't this what dealers are supposed to be for? For what they charge per hour, they should be able to fix SOMETHING.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #134
Site Team

I have friends of mine who have a top of the line cardinal 5er.
It was loaded with problems and signs of shoddy workmanship.
Went to the factory and when they got it back it had 5 slide toppers installed and a cedar lined closet on fr. Maybe you will get some free toys for your aggravation.
Good luck
Carl

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think that's fair. I've updated the thread title to include that a resolution is in progress.
Doug did you get your trailer back yet? Maybe I missed it as I read through them.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #136
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Doug did you get your trailer back yet? Maybe I missed it as I read through them.....

No worries! Not back. Supposed to go to their PDI facility tomorrow and I'm supposed to go out on Wednesday for inspection of the unit before they ship it back. I'm planning on spending 3 days with it (wed-fri) before coming home and awaiting the transport company.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #137
In Search of a Vacation

That would be an awesome little bonus for all the issues...we've put up with.... I'd like to have the '14 LED awning lights, and frameless windows all around,, not to mention the tinted cabinet doors and new stove top. Most of all though I'd just like to have it back and in 100% "Right" condition.....
Old 02-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #138
RKR

According to other RV forums there is not a make or model that is foolproof. It happens and when it does you just hope the manufacturer or dealership steps up and take ownership of their short comings.
It's sounds like FR is attempting to do that here.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #139

I think the internet and forums has a lot to do with that. We all praise what we love about our campers and their features, but we are also quick to share bad experiences too.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #140

I too, sent my 36qbok back to factory, soon after delivery in Feb last year. There was a problem with the main slide install which caused a groove in the subfloor. There were other smaller items we noticed and we sent it back with a checklist and communicated with Gary and Sabre Sam. The slide was fixed and some, not all, of the other items were addressed. We found some other items over the season, related to slide re install, and will be taking it to the dealer for warranty repair this month. My take is that FR, and all other manufacturers, crank out as many units as they can, as fast as they can. When this happens, quality suffers. My hat is off to guys like Sabre Sam, who helps on his own accord and is not supported by FR to do so. Yes, I was somewhat disappointed with the quality of work, or lack thereof, and the communication with Gary. He seems like a nice guy trying to do an overwhelming job. However, I, nor Doug, or anyone, for that matter, should feel they have to go to the factory to ensure their RV is repaired in an acceptable manner. Can you afford to take time off work and pay for travel and accommodations? I would like to but it does not sound reasonable to me. I guess it goes with the territory. This is my 4th RV and my lessons learned, so far, is there will be problems. When they occur hope you can trust your dealer to handle your warranty/repair issues. I hope and pray Doug's QBOK comes back better than ever and maybe with some upgrades! I love to celebrate win's and good news and abhor bad reports. We love our QBOK and wouldn't trade it for any other comparable unit out there! Here's to the up's and down's of being an RV owner.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory