Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
Always Learning

Camper is back from factory - worse shape than it left - camper is home!

I'll be brutally honest, I'm a level of pissed that can't be described.

It went to the factory for a slide out issue in the bunkhouse- that fails sooner than it did before.

Items from my list aren't done.

And- more things are broke/missing. This went through their PDI Facility; they should be embarrassed.

I was promised that it would be winterized and based on the water filter housing that literally had a chunk of its plastic break and fall (not to mention, no sign of pink at any faucet); obviously that didn't happen. The floor is wet in my storage hatch under it.

I've been patient, polite and tolerant through this entire crap-show. This is complete and total BS. I need to find zen to call Gary at Sabre on Monday.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

It went to the factory for a slide out issue in the bunkhouse- that fails sooner than it did before............................................ .........
What year is your trailer, sounds like a lot of issues for a newer unit? Hope you get it all fixed to your liking!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
Always Learning

Early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #4

That just ain't right. How disappointing to have sent your pride and joy out for repair and for it to come back in worst shape. I would have thought you would have gotten better work than that after all the wonderful experiences reported by those who attended Goshen this year. Hope this does not take long to get right.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #5
Oklahoma Proud

Man that sux Doug. That doent make me feel very good about getting one. I will probably sale an extra machine I have in the next few days, and was planning on ordering a 36 soon after.
Let us know how it goes with gary on monday, he should know that there is a lot of maket influence available on here. It would be wise to take VERY good care of you, and I hope they do, and quickly too!!
Best of luck man!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
NELA

Quote:

It went to the factory for a slide out issue in the bunkhouse- that fails sooner than it did before.

Items from my list aren't done.

And- more things are broke/missing. This went through their PDI Facility; they should be embarrassed.

I was promised that it would be winterized and based on the water filter housing that literally had a chunk of its plastic break and fall (not to mention, no sign of pink at any faucet); obviously that didn't happen. The floor is wet in my storage hatch under it.

I've been patient, polite and tolerant through this entire crap-show. This is complete and total BS. I need to find zen to call Gary at Sabre on Monday.

Just shaking my head eDad. Words fail me, except to say I'm sorry to read this.
You've a stronger will power than I, to be seeking zen before making that call. I'd be banging out emails right now, and they'd certainly not be suitable for the underaged.

Git 'em!

Edit; yeah, I know, goin' off on 'em won't help, kinda like wettin' your pants while wearing a dark suit ..... gives you a warm feeling but no one else even notices.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
Always Learning

I had debated going out to preview it before it coming back, but I listened to Gary's promise that the factory would take care of things and that the PDI inspection would catch anything that they missed. I had a recommendation to go out and should have. To be honest, I would have still been pissed because of the list that I found within 10-15 minutes, but in wouldn't be in the predicament that I'm in now... trying to figure out wtf to do next.

And, Weezer- thank for the laugh! Right now, I think I'll find a pair of dark pants. It'll do me just as well!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #8
NELA

Quote:
And, Weezer- thank for the laugh! Right now, I think I'll find a pair of dark pants. It'll do me just as well!
Glad I gave you a reason to laugh.

Seriously though, it's...I'll be nice and use the word disconcerting....that we pay hard earned big bucks for these units and the warranty work and factory response to repairs is as if we'd bought the RV in Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie.

Makes you wonder if Lexus, BMW, Ferrari, Maserati or Mercedes-Benz owners get the same quality warranty work or factory support.

From the recent reports, I guess if you have a problem it's best to use up your vacation leave and go to Goshen for any needed repairs. It appears that even if it's a repair requiring a trip to the factory you get quicker and better response.

Does the rep for your RV frequent this forum?

To sum it up Southern style; this calls for somebody gettin their tail feathers singed!

Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
NELA

On the topic of winterizing; When we carried the V-Lite in for service, we asked for, and paid for it to be winterized. We saw no pink stuff anywhere either when we got it home.

But, we traded it in on the 5th wheel a week later, so if they didn't winterize it, that's their baby now.

On the 5th wheel I stood there and watched as he re-winterized it after the PDI....wasn't taking any chances this.

Edit: removed question...I googled it.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:29 AM   #10

Doug, really sorry to hear about your situation. I hope they come through and take care of rectifying in a timely manner. Keep us posted.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #11

Wow this really stinks. For someone about to pull the trigger and order the same unit it makes you a little uneasy. Doug does your dealer not have a service department that could fix your issues. Or what type issues were you having that would require a trip to the factory?

My dealer has an outstanding service department or at least that's what I've been told by the couple guys I know that have bought from them.

Hope you get a favorable resolution to your issues very soon.
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
Site Team

Bad reading for sure!!!
Another fine moment for the rv industry! Shame on them!!!
Good luck I hope you get it all worked out!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post

Bad reading for sure!!! The only thing that is brutal about your post is the workmanship!!
Another fine moment for the rv industry! Shame on them!!!
Good luck I hope you get it all worked out!
ugh

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #14
Site Team

pardon the double post and hijack, this site is doing crazy things here again.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #15

Sorry to hear it ! I hope they fix it for you. It probably got rushed through by hurrying employees and no one bothered to check it .... It is a shame
Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #16
Always Learning

Camper is back from factory - worse shape than it left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
Sorry to hear it ! I hope they fix it for you. It probably got rushed through by hurrying employees and no one bothered to check it .... It is a shame

They had it for over 2 months. It shouldn't have been rushed.

My dealer is the second closest Sabre dealer to my house, but I still bought on price alone. I didn't think of service at the time and it turns out, their service bays are too short to let a full height fifth wheel inside. Shame on me for not picking a better dealer. I was a newbie.

It went back to the factory because the rear driver's side bunkhouse slide was pausing on the way out. It progressively got worse and would get stuck unless I pushed on the back part of the slide to keep the front and back in line. Looking at the slide from underneath, something was gouging the bottom of the slide. It's my understanding that Sabre had moved away from the Shwintek slides back there (per reading on the forum and from a comment my dealer made).

I also had some paint lifting on a wheel skirt- it appeared that they painted over caulk. That appears to be fixed but the unit is so dirty because it was brought back while it was snowing, I have to really look.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #17

it amazes me that is big as the RV community is and as much as we all share info, good and bad, that there is such poor workmanship at every level. From the factory to the dealer. Labor rates at the dealers are close to auto dealers, but their ability to fix anything is extremely poor.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #18
RKR

Dang buddy , this is horrible. I would be freaking out for sure. I hope they get you taken care of.
Good luck and keep us posted.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #19

I am going through the same thing right now with my 2013 320fqds that I bought in June of last year. It has been back to the factory for slide issues and multiple other things. It came back from the factory with sub-par work on some items with only a few items actually fixed. Between the factory and a dealer they have had it for over 4 of the 6 months that I have had it. So I know where you are coming from.
kparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #20
Happy Keystone Owner

That sucks. Been contemplating fixing my brake pulsing issues myself even though it's a warranty issue just because the time and transportation costs would almost equal the cost of replacing all four drums and shoes. And I wouldn't waste 2 days to do it.

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory