Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
The central vac is great! Wouldn't be without it.

mmunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
I guess that's why they make Fords and Chevys, so that people can purchase their preference.

I've installed a central vacuum in the last 3 RVs that I've owned, and find them far superior to small "stick" type vacuums. I've installed the Dirt Devil model 950, and while noisy, and having a pretty hefty Amp draw, the suction is outstanding.

Wouldn't leave home without one.

2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Trailer Trash
Eureka yellow jacket is factory install in the Columbus line. They work great! There is a bunch of hose attachments for a reason. Once you start using them for cleaning things other than the floor, you will appreciate the central vacuum system even more.

And as someone previously mentioned, on Columbus RV, lift the white door straight up about 1/2" and the system turns on. You then can use a broom to sweep non carpet areas. Sweep up the debris right into the white vacuum door and the stuff just disappears and cleans the broom too!
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Denver, CO
I always hated dragging the frickin hose everywhere. Hated the one in the house to so just use the upright HEPA we got. The German made Miele combines the size and weight of a stick vacuum with the versatility of a hand held and the power of an upright. Very well engineered.

Worth taking a look at, I think.
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Trailer Trash
Well, you know what they say about German Engineering. Looks like a nice rig. Certainly the Mercedes of stick vacs and priced accordingly. Kind of a neat hybrid between an upright and stick vac. But for those that shell out 400+ bucks on a Dyson.............

For those interested, Miele S194 stick vac. $230 on ebay.
Miele S194 Quickstep Universal Upright Vacuum New Red | eBay

joelek is offline   Reply With Quote