Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Factory Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 123
Christopher Columbus is back

I am sorry fellow campers but I was on vacation last week and unable to stay in touch (per Mrs. Columbus request). If I missed any question or you didnt get a reply please resend....I am still trying to figure my way around this site.
Happy Camping to all
__________________

__________________
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
amxpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 683
Hope you had a good, well deserved vacation.
Do you get to use a Columbus 5th wheel for vacation? Free of charge?
__________________

__________________
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
hotrodj125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar,Minnesota
Posts: 207
Well, glad your bak, thought you dropped off the end of the earth,LOL. Hope you had a nice vacation and hope it was in a Columbus. We are chomping at the bit to get out again, have resevations for May3to the 6th only 13 miles from home this time- hope the bedroom slideout works! Oh, i got my fiber-optic cable for the surround sound/TV and got it working.
__________________
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Earth Station's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
Well, glad your bak, thought you dropped off the end of the earth,LOL. Hope you had a nice vacation and hope it was in a Columbus. We are chomping at the bit to get out again, have resevations for May3to the 6th only 13 miles from home this time- hope the bedroom slideout works! Oh, i got my fiber-optic cable for the surround sound/TV and got it working.
I would really like to know EXACTLY how to hook that up!!! I will be getting the cable before our next outing.
__________________

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
hotrodj125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar,Minnesota
Posts: 207
Thumbs up surround sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
I would really like to know EXACTLY how to hook that up!!! I will be getting the cable before our next outing.
When you get the cable, don't forget to take the little caps off the ends of the cab;e before trying to plug-in to back of TV and Theatre System. Afetr hooking up cable, turn TV on and set volumn so you can hear it, then turn on Theater system unit and (on Mine) Panasonic, had to click the EXT-IN (RADIO) button till "D-IN" showed up on front panel--THEN the surround sound show be on--set volumn---ENJOY.
__________________
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
bigsaxdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
chris do you know of anyone receiving a unit that has the shower base track installed backwards ?
__________________
bigsaxdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
tlc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Surround Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
When you get the cable, don't forget to take the little caps off the ends of the cab;e before trying to plug-in to back of TV and Theatre System. Afetr hooking up cable, turn TV on and set volumn so you can hear it, then turn on Theater system unit and (on Mine) Panasonic, had to click the EXT-IN (RADIO) button till "D-IN" showed up on front panel--THEN the surround sound show be on--set volumn---ENJOY.
Not very tech savy....is this how your get your surround sound to work with the TV? It sounds great with DVDs and music but can't seem to get it to work with TV. If so, does surrond sound only work with movies or all shows??
__________________
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rogersville, Tn
Posts: 6
How do you correct the radio problems in the 320 RS. Volume will not work right nor does the radio pick up a good signal. Radio station is strong considering we are 5 miles from transmitter. Also unable to get IPod to play through radio with cable provided. Is there a quick fix or not.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2006 Dodge 2500 HD
__________________
Going Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
hotrodj125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar,Minnesota
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
Not very tech savy....is this how your get your surround sound to work with the TV? It sounds great with DVDs and music but can't seem to get it to work with TV. If so, does surrond sound only work with movies or all shows??
yes, you need an audio fiber-optic cable to hookup the TV to the theatre system and then click the "RADIO" button till the "D-IN" comes on the face of the theatre box and thne the surround sound should work.
__________________
Rod & Linda Johnson
Cedar, Minnesota
2006 F-250 SD 4x4 6.0
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Columbus 320RS bike rack

Has Forest River done anything to remedy the bike rack problem? The wheel wells for bikes on the included bike/cargo rack do not fit any normal sized adult bikes. I have two 26" bikes that have a distance of about 42" between the front and rear wheel hubs. The distance between the centers of the two wheel wells on the rack measures about 49". Therefore the bike wheels will not sit down in the wells at all. This tells me these two wheel well assemblies were welded too far apart. Several other people have complained about this on the Forest River Forum. I also talked to my dealer and they didn't know anything about it. See my attached picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	20120831_145447.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	18944 It seems to me the best fix is to replace the horizontal wheel well bars with longer ones that can be welded to the next vertical bar toward the center. That would provide a wheel well that is about 23' wide and would fit a normal sized adult bike wheel just fine. We need a resolution to this problem because this rack is useless as a bike rack. It did make a nice cargo rack on my recent trip, however.
__________________

__________________
vcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.