Old 08-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #1

Columbus 320 RS-Two or One Grey Tank

Have a new Columbus 320 RS. Panel shows one grey tank full and another at 1/3. Kitchen sink is backing up. We dump and Grey Tank 2 still shows full. Other shows empty. Bathroom drains ok as evidenced by water coming out of discharge outlet. Are there two grey tanks? We only have one discharge pull marked Galley Tank. Did they not install a second grey pull or is there a trick to draining both from single pull. Stuck at Glacier NP w/ no cell service and slow Wi-Fi.
KS1151 desperate for help.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #2

320rs

You have a pull next to where you connect out side drain hose that is for the kitchen and one
next to black tank pull for bathroom

Old 08-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #3

320rs columbus

If I didn't explain it right it is next to your drain pipe outside.You have 2 to pull one for kitchen one for bathroom. The bathroom is next to black tank pull. Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #4

The one in the convenience center labeled galley is actually the shower/bathroom sink discharge. There is one near the sewer outlet that controls the galley tank.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins
Days Camped 2013 - 50
skipperW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #5

Thanks for the help. I was afraid there should be a second pull. I have nothing visible next to the drain discharge outlet or anywhere underneath the coach, except for the low drain lines and black iron gas piping. I guess Palomino either didn't install one or they covered it over when they put the underbelly cover on. Any ideas on how I might be able to drain the tank until I can get it repaired? I'm assuming the white capped low drain is just for the water lines and the red capped one is for the water heater. Will opening either or both eventually drain the kitchen holding tank fully or at least partially? The other low drain is for the fresh water tank and another open line next to it for its overflow.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #6

Sounds like the handle that controls the galley tank discharge may have fallen off or been knocked off in transit. You are correct, the white low point drain is for cold water and the red is for hot (although to drain the HW tank you must remove the anode), but opening them will not drain the galley grey tank. You could drop enough of the coroplast cover by the sewer outlet to see what you see up under there.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins
Days Camped 2013 - 50
skipperW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
In Search of a Vacation

I had one of my discharge handles come off of the rear of my 35QSIK while out on a trip. If your underbelly is constructed like the Sabre's you should be able to remove 2-3 screws off the side where the underbelly material attaches to the frame and then be able to take a flashlight and shine into the underbelly compartment. When you see the dump valve with the missing handle, it'll have a stud sticking out. Mine was long enough that I was able to get my hand in there and pull it manually, it slides very easily. The whole job took about 10 minutes and I left those screws out until I had a replacement handle. Hope this helps!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #8

Well, those of you who suggested my pull drain stem and handle may had fallen out during transit were correct. Found the valve by pulling back the membrane sans the pull handle. Must have fallen out during transit from the manufactured to the dealer, Camping World Las Vegas. Would have been nice if CW would have checked out the unit prior to delivery, but apparently they know less about what they sell than you guys do. Never even mentioned a second grey tank during walkthrough so I didn't k now one even existed until kitchen sink started backing up. I'm finding several things they should have found during delivery prep--really sloppy on their part. Good to know I have a reliable source with this forum for info. Back on the road, now with empty tanks. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #9

320rs columbus

Glad you got it working Dealer should have don't better job in walking you through unit.
I have owned my 320 Columbus for 1 1/2 years. Yesterday my casing on Water filter busted out the bottom no water called Cheyenne RV in Iowa sent overnight no charge they are awesome.
There are usually a few things need fixing but to have a dealer that is not much help give people bad taste in there mouth. Hope you enjoy you Columbus as much as we have. We are full timing in ours traveling the country with our 2 horses and loving every minute.

Jack and Dianne
320RS Columbus
3500 Dodge Ram
Living our Dream

Tags
columbus, tank