Old 07-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #1

Columbus 320rs

We have had our camper back to the dealer since we got back from our trip June 25th after our first maiden voyage. We had a few things that needed to be fixed or replaced. They have been looking into the 2nd loud A/C. They talked to forest river and it needs to be replaced. There was nothing said about grommets. The other problem we noticed is the T.V reception is really good in bedroom and then will say weak signal while on antenna. Upon further investigation by the dealer they found the antenna is not connect to the basement and the bedroom as some bad connection. They are trying to get some direction from Forest River how to resolve it. All the other issues are minor adjustments. Our dealer has been fabulous and have kept us informed in the process. We are leaving Friday A.M.bfor 10 days again hopefully the new a/c will be in and some direction on how to connect the antenna to the other t.v. connections. We have been missing our camper but very excited to be going out again.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #2

320rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Couple View Post
We have had our camper back to the dealer since we got back from our trip June 25th after our first maiden voyage. We had a few things that needed to be fixed or replaced. They have been looking into the 2nd loud A/C. They talked to forest river and it needs to be replaced. There was nothing said about grommets. The other problem we noticed is the T.V reception is really good in bedroom and then will say weak signal while on antenna. Upon further investigation by the dealer they found the antenna is not connect to the basement and the bedroom as some bad connection. They are trying to get some direction from Forest River how to resolve it. All the other issues are minor adjustments. Our dealer has been fabulous and have kept us informed in the process. We are leaving Friday A.M.bfor 10 days again hopefully the new a/c will be in and some direction on how to connect the antenna to the other t.v. connections. We have been missing our camper but very excited to be going out again.
Glad to hear that you enjoy your 320RS so much. We are looking forward to ours but the order just went in sev. days ago so it will be another 6wks or so.
1) What engine do you have in your Silverado HD 2500-gas or diesel?
2) Does the truck's suspension handle the weight of the camper OK?
3) Does the engine have enough power to pull it well?

Thanks for your response & please keep us informed re: TV issues
Mark/Jeannie

Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #3

We have a diesel engine. We had a 29RLTS Jayco Eagle that was 900 lbs lighter so I wondered how it was going to do. We took our first trip we went for 11 days so our camper was LOADED down. We drove 80 miles interstate and approx 150 miles curvy back roads in AR. My husband was truly amazed at how it towed. He said he felt like it handled so much better than our Eagle. We actually got 1.4 miles per gallon more with the Columbus. We were shocked as we figured it would be less. We are getting ready to go to WI and we are driving straight interstate so we will see about mileage then. Congratulations on your order! You will be so excited to be out camping. We are truly loving our Columbus. We do have the 6 way leveling system which is truly wonderful.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

Congratulations on your new Columbus. (both of you)
My 320RS is heavier than my Sabre, but I get better MPG towing the Columbus. It's more aerodynamic. Cuts though the air like a knife through warm butter, well, you know what I mean. I get 1 MPG better which doesn't seem like much but it adds up. The Cummins in my RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it, either.
Best of luck.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

Bryan at fr told me he gave our dealer the ok to replace our 2nd a/c but the dealer said domestic said to do the grommets first and that worked really well. Still can't connect to satellite through the outside connection so we will take it back and also they need to replace the ski on the slide out on the table side. Other than that we had a very good trip to bastrop state park and look forward to going to matagorda in a couple of weeks

Tags
320rs