Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #21

On our 2013 Columbus 320 I replaced all the front room drawer wood screws holding the slide rails on. The original wood screws were very tiny and Short. One by one many if our drawers vibrated apart and stuff was spilled. Replace the short tiny screws with a 1 inch length and two sizes thicker (sorry don't remember the exact size). The screw goes into the storage area of the drawers but it is flush with the bottom.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #22

Had ours for a couple of years now. We have liked our unit and had very little problems with it. The only prpblem we had was the one with the brakes having grase on them. After that was repaired it has been great.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #23

Ģreaseon the breaks seems to be a problem. Our Sabre had that also on one

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 02-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #24

Just got mine a few weeks ago and love everything on and in it. Only issues we had is front door sticks a little easy fix and the wireless back up camera is not working they are working that now. it has been an issue from the vendor and may need a booster kit. Cant wait to get back on the road.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #25
RECAT

Voyager Wireless Backup

We have the Voyager system factory installed on our 2014 320RS and it works fantastic, never had a break in video. I use it all the time, I like to know whats behind me going down the road. I do not think a booster would be required unless something in the tow vehicle or trailer is causing interference.
2014 COLUMBUS 320RS
WAR EAGLE !!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #26

I cant wait to find out what it was, they have it now fixing it and I do miss not seeing behiind me but I am sure they will handle it. My dealer has been great so far.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #27

We have the Voyager on our 320 & it works great without a booster.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Old 03-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #28

Mine has elite entertainmet v r sion and it's still very unstable
Old 04-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #29

We 've had our 320 RS since Feb 2012. 2012 was the first model year and I can tell you there were quite a few annoying quality issues, probably due to the factory trying to push out so many of these trailers to meet the overwhelming demand for them. Overall it has been a great trailer. Two significant issues I we had were that on our first or second trip out, the living/dining slide would not go back in. Upon inspection, I could see that the tubular steel gear rod connected to the slide motor was twisting like a pretzel. Luckily my camping friends and I were able to force the slide into traveling place. Took it to my dealer who replaced this tubular rod with a solid one. No more problems with that. Second issue is that the bedroom door is a solid core door. It is too heavy for the rollers at the top. I've had the door come down many times and have tried to improve the situation by installing new rollers and putting nylon guides at the bottom, but occasionally, it still comes loose on one end or the other, especially if we've been on rough roads.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #30

We bought a 295 last September and what a disappointment! If I could do it again I would certainly look harder and longer. as soon as we got home we discovered the front cap was delaminated, the underbelly cover was cut open and repaired, numerous quality issues inside the unit that should have never left the factory. All 4 axles leaking grease. broken window latches, torn mattress, slides not adjusted properly, wrong AC unit installed. Rear tail light cracked and glued together and filled with water, electric fireplace improperly installed (no ventilation)! suggest anyone with a 295 to inspect. I don't want to forget the furnace. Went use it only to discover it wasn't level and it was held in with one screw. (it wont light and burn right) All these problems on the outside, can you imagine what's underneath!! I hope this helps with your decision. Yes its a pretty unit with all the right stuff, but that doesn't make up for all the frustration of repair. Good Luck
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
40 Gal AUX TANK
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 AM   #31

NOW THIS FUNNY:
From Polomino brochure: " CRAFTSMANSHIP & QUALITY
Palomino RV relocated to South Western Michigan in 1972 to the heart of Southern Michigan and Northern Indiana's Amish community. This is an area where integrity, craftsmanship, great work ethics and innovation meet. This allows us to build and design RV's that not only meet your needs, but exceed your expectations. Our executive management and production management teams combine for over 200 years of experience building quality RV's! Every unit we build and ship goes through extensive quality tests and checks to help ensure memorable camping experiences."
Maybe the executive management team should personally go to a RV lot and see what is really out there. Maybe a week long vacation in a unit right off of the dealer lot would give them some insite about the junk they are putting out. Pride of workmanship? NOT!!

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
We bought a 295 last September and what a disappointment! If I could do it again I would certainly look harder and longer. as soon as we got home we discovered the front cap was delaminated, the underbelly cover was cut open and repaired, numerous quality issues inside the unit that should have never left the factory. All 4 axles leaking grease. broken window latches, torn mattress, slides not adjusted properly, wrong AC unit installed. Rear tail light cracked and glued together and filled with water, electric fireplace improperly installed (no ventilation)! suggest anyone with a 295 to inspect. I don't want to forget the furnace. Went use it only to discover it wasn't level and it was held in with one screw. (it wont light and burn right) All these problems on the outside, can you imagine what's underneath!! I hope this helps with your decision. Yes its a pretty unit with all the right stuff, but that doesn't make up for all the frustration of repair. Good Luck
Why would an electric fireplace require ventilation?

2014: camped 12 nights
Old 04-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
Why would an electric fireplace require ventilation?

It doesn't require ventilation
Old 04-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #34

We bought our 2015 - 320rs last September. We've only had a couple of trips but so far everything is working correctly. I feel there could have been more attention to small details that are aggravating like glue and sealant drips but we've been able to clean it up pretty well. It is comfortable and enjoyable to be in. I look forward to our next trip next month.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #35

Columbus 320RS

Sounds like you have a very BAD Dealer. Dealers do a prep on trailerI and they should have caught most during prep. If You and your dealer had done a PDI most or all of those issues would have been found during that inspection. Yes it never should have left factory and second dealer should never excepted it if it was that bad. Advertise dealer and how bad he is so others will stay away from. No excuse is good enough from Dealer.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #36

I've never had so many problems. A 2013 320RS has been in the repair facility more than on the road. My warranty is out, so Forest River is backing away from responsibility. The QA is/was missing on this rug. A lawyer is in my future. FR should have issued a lawyer with each sale.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjoea View Post
I've never had so many problems. A 2013 320RS has been in the repair facility more than on the road. My warranty is out, so Forest River is backing away from responsibility. The QA is/was missing on this rug. A lawyer is in my future. FR should have issued a lawyer with each sale.

X2
Old 05-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #38

Don't see your reply???
Old 05-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclantz View Post
We weren't shopping for a new rv when we saw the Columbus 320RS at a show. It just grabbed us as being different from all the normal offerings. After 5000 miles of travel since June we feel we know it well and are satisfied. It was the little details like the long downspouts to keep black streaks off the sides and the general feel of quality that sold us. We find it very liveable. The moveable island was a selling point. It's one issue was that the wheels broke through the floor vent when strapped into the travel position. solved by moving the wheels farther back so theyre behind the vent when in position. Other issues have been easy fixes. The shower track was in backwards,drain holes pointing to the floor (bad idea) and not silicone sealed. There is some odor from the sink drains. Not a big deal, just have to be dilligent about cleaning them. We plan to install p-traps when we get home. The bedroom sliding door was sagging, needed to take it apart and re-fasten the track. The straps that hold it aren't really adequate. we have a squeak in the bed where it's hinged for storage. The beautyfloor in the living area is buckeling. There are bumps running the length of the slides.
We remind ourselves that it is a product of Indiana and as such has the normal issues caused by the production mentality of the industry. We are lucky to have the ability to fix/improve almost anything ourselves. If you read the forums and see what others have issues with that will be a big help. We have the cream/brown colors and it gets attention everywhere. We have people come up to us at campgrounds, waysides and other stops admiring it and even taking pictures. We always enjoy talking with them.
good luck, Bob and Carol
It's been awhile since this post was made. I wonder if these were on the exterior. That usually means trouble ahead.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 06-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #40
05 Dodge 15 Columbus 340

columbus

2015 340 rk It's been at the dealer for 5 months to repair to many things to list here but one is they had to replace the roof. I filed a lemon law suit and they are going to have to buy it back all money i'm out of pocket since i bought it. I will never buy a FR product again!
Closed Thread

Tags
320rs, columbus