Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #41

I think the dealer makes a big difference. I had some issues including grease seals but everything was taken care of in a couple weeks. We spent over 120 days in the last year. My wife and I love it.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
I think the dealer makes a big difference. I had some issues including grease seals but everything was taken care of in a couple weeks. We spent over 120 days in the last year. My wife and I love it.

Most dealers are not qualified to handle anything major like replacement of a roof or delamination. With RV sales at all time highs, many of their service departments takes months to get the smallest of repairs taken care of.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #43

I took our 320RS to Goshen last year. Dealer replaced floor (crappy) previous November. Cel Lopez looked at it said they would replace and would send transport to pick up. Long story short they fixed all issues we had replaced floor even bathroom, steps, microwave, door, inside steps, new MCD shades. Then to my surprise replaced both axels, tires and wheels. We could not be happier with the way forest river and our dealer fixed our issues. We camp two weeks out of every month and it has been great. No regrets with my summer home.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot68 View Post
I took our 320RS to Goshen last year. Dealer replaced floor (crappy) previous November. Cel Lopez looked at it said they would replace and would send transport to pick up. Long story short they fixed all issues we had replaced floor even bathroom, steps, microwave, door, inside steps, new MCD shades. Then to my surprise replaced both axels, tires and wheels. We could not be happier with the way forest river and our dealer fixed our issues. We camp two weeks out of every month and it has been great. No regrets with my summer home.
I have heard about great results from folks that have traveled hundreds or thousands of miles and taken a week off work for Goshen. Unfortunately, this is not practical for about 95% of the buyers out there. Probably a good thing, if all Forest River new owners took their RV's to Goshen, they would need to shut down production for three years, just to repair what they manufactured in the past year, 5 years for the Columbus plant.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #45

Most the problems with my 325rl have been quality control issues the other problems I've had have all been from Lippert stuff on the rig. The next rig I get wont have any Lippert garbage on it.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblaze580 View Post
Most the problems with my 325rl have been quality control issues the other problems I've had have all been from Lippert stuff on the rig. The next rig I get wont have any Lippert garbage on it.

I am also coming around to the idea that Lippert is not high quality. I had a bad hydraulic jack on my Trilogy and there replaced it, however, since then, there have been many more posts indicating the same issues.
Time and time again, post issues come down to Lippert components. Unfortunately they are in critical areas like slides, jacks etc. While they are cheaper for Forest River on the front end, it is the consumer who ultimately pays the price.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #47

Sorry for some of you the dealer experience has been bad. That is not my experience.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #48

I have the 2014 Columbus 3650TH the Toy hauler version. It had living room slide issues bad, kinked fuel lines, kinked propane lines, messed up heat duct work, cabinet drawer issues, bathroom door issues, shower in closer not sealed, entry door seals missing, awning LED lights, and on and on smaller things. Dealer couldn't fix the slide after they said it was fixed and tested over a dozen times. That was all I let them touch and took it home and made all the repairs myself. Worked on it everyday for 2 weeks and fixed everything myself as it should have been to start with. Haven't had another problem with it since and it's been 10 months now and have camped on it over 40 nights alot more if you count camping in the pasture here at home. If they think the Aumish are quality craftsman then they should have them built in Texas cause we are professional class A tradesman that actually take pride in what we do, done right the first time. RV dealer techs aren't licenced and most are at best shade tree mechanics that try to rig things up because they don't know how to fix them properly.
We love ours now thanks to me a Class A Tradesman in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
Our rig is totally self contained now that I installed 520 watts of solar with 435ah battery bank and inverter. Awesome setup now making 35 amps of power. Good luck and look the unit over good if you see issues look at another one. PDI walk thru like I was rushed thru was my fault but I knew I could fix any issue ours had even though for $65k I shouldn't of had to. So good luck and test everything on it head to toe before you sign on dotted line.
We often wonder how mad a person would be if they bought the unit we got and in turn how happy they would be to have the one we have after I made the unit right. Look at all sealed floor penetrations or the lack of them. Look at the underbelly sealed seams or lack of them just an example it took 2 cans if foam and 8 to 10 tubes of silicone to seal what the Aumish didn't. Good luck
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
Old 06-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMoon View Post
Hello all,

We are 99 percent sure that we are going to buy a Columbus 320rs and wanted to ask owners of the 320rs what their overall opinion of the fifth wheel is?

Quality of the workmanship, fit & finish, any major issues that we should watch for?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff
We have owned the C-320RS since Feb. 2013 and love it. My first and only recommendation is to buy whatever brand, type, and model from a reputable dealer who backs what they sell!! Check around with others who have bought from whomever you buy from to find out if they work with the customers!! Why? Because no matter what RV you buy, most are thrown together by unskilled labor [what do Amish know about plumbing & electricity?]. Take a trip through the factory and if you chose a good dealer you will be greatly satisfied with the long-term results!
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecwik View Post
My 320rs is a pile of crap. I don't think mine is different than any other one they made either. Some people just can't see what a POS it really is. I am sure my wife would have never noticed any of these issues that the camper has. This review is not even close to being complete either. I should have taken my money and lit it on fire instead.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...iew-81172.html
Obviously you never studied how RV's are made regardless of brand and model and you never chose a decent dealer. If you did chose a decent dealer then by your comments I would guess you pissed them off big time and you are reaping what you sowed! The best of luck as most of us Columbus Owners Love our RV's!!!!!!! {completely contrary to what you posted}

2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
Closed Thread

Tags
320rs, columbus