Old 02-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #11

Those JT strong arms are worth every penny

Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #12

We recently ordered a 320 with the following options, fireplace, 2nd AC -low profile, Tri-glide pin box, J T strong arms, qn bed (thought br was too crowded w/king), slide awnings, Kit fantastic fan w/rain sensor, heat pump for main AC, 6 way auto level, wireless camera & later added the fiberglass rear cap (after talking w/the great folks on this forum).

DW went with the 2 door frig because we are out at least every other day doing something & can always get more food. That size also works fine for us now & she didn't like loosing the cabinets. We considered the res stainless frig over the 4 door stainless.

We considered the dual pane windows but I wasn't convinced of the benefit with having 3 slides that can leak some air. I may regret that later.

We also didn't opt for the Serta Trump mattress. DW thought it was a little firm so we will get a memory foam like the S & B.

We are all a little different & that's why choices are great. I agree with others that another thousand or so will probably not break the bank but most budgets have some limit & ours is no different.

I'm sure you will love it with any options you choose. These are awful nice with no additional options. Good luck

Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #13

I confirmed today that I can upgrade the 320RS axles to 7000 lb from the 6000 lb, so I added that. It is not a listed option so you have to ask.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #14

As my signature shows we have a 2014 365RL. We ordered our coach with the following options. It has the standard pin box. This is our first fifth wheel (have had travel trailers for 30 years) so I have no issue with the pin box. The JT strong arms are REALLY nice and with x-chocks the coach is very stable. We have the king bed, stainless double door fridge, slide toppers, 6 point leveling system (this is a must), second air conditioner, and the combo washer/dryer. I saw no need for the rear cap, backup camera, bike rack, or a different pin box. The washer/dryer & fridge were a must for the wife.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #15

Columbus 320rs

We really appreciate everyone's feedback, all will be considered when making our final decision over the weekend.

We will post our final results and reasons why for those who end up in the same dilemma when contemplating the various options.

FOREST RIVER AND PALOMINO COLUMBUS appears to be the best choice for us.

America is Great!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #16

We have the 340RK. We got the rear fiberglass cap, 4 door fridge, JT strong-arms, 6 point leveling system, Trump mattress, two air conditioners, dual pane windows, root-flex pin box and basically everything you are wondering about. Get it all and don't look back. All of it is great to have and you will not regret any of it. Have fun with your new 5th wheel.

Jim
jeb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #17

SYE
You posted:
This has been the topic of a lot of conversations in our Columbus Owners Group, there are a bunch of prospective members. You might look there for some more answers

We are new as well and our Columbus 320RS just arrived at the dealer last Saturday. We also have a brand new F350 Diesel that will have the hitch installed this weekend. This is our first 5th wheel so lots to learn.
I am curious, you mentioned a Columbus Owners Group. can you tell me where to locate this so I can check it out?
Hope to pick up the trailer in a week or two. Still finalizing storage location and will have to set up the walk through inspection. We took a quick walk through it this past weekend and on the surface many things are fine. Sofa will have to be replaced as it has a wear mark across one of the cushions. Obviously the inspection will go deeper and we will see what else needs to be fixed before we accept for delivery.
Also ordered a set of Roto-Choks that should be here this week. Anyway if you can post the link to the Columbus Owners Group that would be great.
Tigerbug
2014 F350 Diesel
Columbus 320RS
Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #18

Congrats on the new arrival. We can't wait....
Go to Facebook & put in "Columbus RV Group". You will find it.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #19

goukcats
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately we are not Facebook Members so no access to that group. I'll see if one of our kids can access for us so we can take a look. If it seems that it would be great to go there often then maybe we would sign up for Facebook. We have always said no to Facebook due to security concerns and the frequency of which we thought we would use it. maybe now its time!
Thanks again for the reply
Old 02-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #20

There is lots of good info there also. I am not new to RVs but I will be new to a Columbus. I am never too old to learn something new or a better way of doing anything.

I almost never went on Face Book until I joined that group. Now I check it at least every 2 to 3 days. I also never go to sites I don't know & keep the latest security. Good luck!

Tags
320rs, columbus