Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #1

Columbus 320rs

HELLO ALL, I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading everything on the site which has helped confirm our original thoughts. I really appreciate all the great work everyone has done, the ideas, thoughts and how to fixes to the various issues. Everyone has done great!

We just attended the Houston RV Show which had a large variety of 5th wheels to walk through, kick the tires on and then omit from our list of gotta have! We went there to look at other brands, but walked out knowing "Forest River Palomino Columbus 320RS" is by far the best looking and best laid out floor plan for the price that fits our tastes and budget for our 3rd 5th wheel. We can sign on the dotted line and drive away a proud owner of a new one (early next week) with one we saw at the show (which had darn near all the options) or order one with same plus additional options we now are thinking about.

So before signing next week I would prefer to see what everyone on here thinks of the following options that were not on the one from the show. Are any of the following must haves or would prefer to have?
[*]King Bed Serta Trump Series Mattress[*]Fiberglass Rear Cap verses the regular back with bike rack (Cap sure looks better)[*]4 dr Stainless Front Refrigerator vs. single wood panel door (gives up counter space and some cabinet room)[*]TrailAir Roto Flex Pin Box[*]3 slide Toppers[*]Stackable Washer and Dryer[*]Wireless backup camera

Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #2

Welcome I've got the 325 rl I love it I would get the king size bed and the roto flex hitch IMO

Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #3

Thanks iceblaze580, those are two I was highly contemplating. My wife is thinking of the larger frig, and nicer mattress on the king bed, guess she knows how much I like to eat and gripe when I don't sleep well!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #4

I don't have the roto flex on mine I put a Reese 5th airborne on mine anything is better than the stock hitch
Old 02-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #5

Darn it iceblaze580, you just made my decision even more complicated and my spouse is probably going to be looking you up!

I failed to reply back nice choice on your 325RL, because they did not have one of those at the show, however I just looked it up and see our dealership has one of those also. NICE! It has an outdoor kitchen which we both always wanted too! Guess we will be making a drive down the road and walk through it to make sure we buy the right one!

You said you loved it, now I see why. Did yours come with a four door refrigerator!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #6

If I was getting the 320 I would do the 4 door fridge because I have the 325 I've just have the 2 door fridge because the fridge in the outside kitchen makes up the difference outside one is the drink fridge inside is food and milk feel free to pm me
Old 02-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #7

My advice let the wife make the choice save yourself the arugement
Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #8
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This has been the topic of a lot of conversations in our Columbus Owners Group, there are a bunch of prospective members. You might look there for some more answers
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #9

If...The budget allows..get everything...sometimes things can be added later...but some of these items have to be built in from the start. and...can a better deal on pricing be made now?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #10
RECAT

We have the 320 RS and love it. We special ordered ours and have the following items you mentioned.
1. 4 door refrig - like being at home
2. Trump mattress - very nice - we opted for the queeen its much easier to make up and you have the small side tables.
3. We decided against the washer and dyer - for muliple reasons. a. heavy b. small capcity. c. we like the extra storage d. Reports of high vibrations when in use. e. Complaints on how long it takes to due such a small amount. f We felt the extra weight could be use for other items. f. We are not full timers and currently I still work full time so our longest adventers currently last no longer than 2 weeks g. And last but not least we can always add them later if we change our mind, they can be added later.
4. We have the slide toppers and love them it helps keep all the leaves stick, etc from being left where they may cause problems, and I believe they make it quieter during rain showers.
5. Six way auto leveling system, will never have any rv without it.
6. We opted for the standard pin and went with the The HensleyTM BD3 Trailer Saver Air/shock Suspention 5th wheel hitch - love it!
7. Dual pain windows - better insulation - we go year round Temperature ranges for 20 F to 110 F They help.
8. Dual Airconditoners - yes in the south the second one does make a difference.
9. I have added JT Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer System to the front and will be installing them on the rear. (If I had to do it again I would order them installed) they help alot with the movement.

I hope this helps some - each persons needs are different but I agree let the wife make the inside decissions especially anything to do with the kitchen, unless you do the cooking.

2014 COLUMBUS 320RS
WAR EAGLE !!
REBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rs, columbus