Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
Trailer Trash

You'll also notice the factory screwed up and mounted the water filter too low. I have to move unit outward from wall to get round filter case off. Some of the early 2012 rigs I saw pictures at dealer for sale ads with the filter mounted higher. Either there was a design change, or just plain screw up. Here is mine.

joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
Trailer Trash

Some hidden water lines people forget about - the two in bedroom closet for washer/dryer prep. Gotta open those and flush pink juice through them also.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #23

AND, the BLACK TANK FLUSH line!!!! could be an easy one to forget. blowed all of mine out yesterday with air, but going to use it this next weekend yet. Oh, by the way, all summer we've been smelling and tasteing anti-freeze in the bath sink and shower>>>> figured it out yesterday-- still ant-freeze in the water lines to washer/dryer>>> I'm gonna put valves in the lines just after the tees that go up to the bath sink in the basement so this doesn't happenany more.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #24

Hooked up the winterize hose, turned on the pump and nothing happened!!! Hot water tank is by passed, switch is turned to winterize. No clue why it's not sucking up tge antifreeze!

Any suggestions?

We have a 385 but should work the same, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2814908398.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	20391

Also anyone know what the extra hose connection is? The one below the cable connection.
Cflmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflmom
Hooked up the winterize hose, turned on the pump and nothing happened!!! Hot water tank is by passed, switch is turned to winterize. No clue why it's not sucking up tge antifreeze!

Any suggestions?

Also anyone know what the extra hose connection is? The one below the cable connection.
Got it to work by connecting the hose directly to the pump. Guess next step is a call to the warranty department!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
Trailer Trash

Your panel is different than my 320RS. Hmmmmm

Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
Wish I was camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflmom

Any suggestions?

That extra hose connection should be your rear black water tank flush. It is on my 385.

2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually
B&W Companion hitch
fice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fice

That extra hose connection should be your rear black water tank flush. It is on my 385.
Thanks! That's what we guessed, but it wasn't labelled so we didn't know for sure!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #29

OK. I drained hot water tank, open and closed the low point areas, bypassed the hot water tank, turned valve for winterization, hooked up hose to winterization port and went inside the unit and turned on water pump. I can hear the water pump running but it is not sucking up any antifreeze. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did I miss something?
dkwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwin1
OK. I drained hot water tank, open and closed the low point areas, bypassed the hot water tank, turned valve for winterization, hooked up hose to winterization port and went inside the unit and turned on water pump. I can hear the water pump running but it is not sucking up any antifreeze. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did I miss something?
That's the same problem we had. Finally just hooked the winterization hose directly to the water pump and it worked then. Something isn't,t working right from the water pump to the panel.......not sure what yet.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #31

Summer storage?

I have a 365RL being delivered to Florida on Dec. 1st. I'll stay in it till April 1st
than close it up till the following Nov. Any tips or suggestions for this type of storage will greatly be appreciated. I plan on getting a cover for it to protect it from the sun and rain, but I'm not sure what else I should do. I know this is the opposite of what this thread is about, but thought I would throw it out there,thanks.
WRROST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #32

Ok I figured it out. The factory did not put the silver strain into the port so it was not actuation the check valve on the winterizing port. I took the strain off the black water flush and Wallace. However (and this is based on myrevious units where I had to take off one side of the pump to winterized) I noticed that the pressure to pump the antifreeze was very low. Also I only used about 2 gallons of anti (and yes I got everything including outside shower and washer dryer. Any comments?
dkwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #33

Where do you get the hose to suck the antifreeze with? Did you just use a piece of hose? Our old camper had this clear plastic hose.

Tags
320rs