Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #21

LOL........... well it was a great thought for your RV!!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #22

We can't even see up under the vent hood on the outside of the trailer. Is this flap thing something that needs to be put in and out? Nothing in any of the books really covers this.
hornlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornlee View Post
We can't even see up under the vent hood on the outside of the trailer. Is this flap thing something that needs to be put in and out? Nothing in any of the books really covers this.
Yup. Two tabs? It'll be kinda hard the first several times, but should loosen up with use. I opened mine once, and have never forced it closed. No problems either
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #24

Once you unlock the tabs, there is really no reason to lock it closed. It is not like the vents of old, not flimsy pins to break if you don't close it. It vents the hood formed by the microwave. It does NOT vent the micro. Does your micro at home vent? No. It has a cooling fan not a vent. The convection portion does not need a vent. Place a dog flea collar in the vent and one in each of the heater and water heater vents to discourage spiders, bees, etc. replace annually.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #25

Are you sure

I have a Sabre 32RCTS. Are you all sure you need this vent at all for the microwave? On my Jayco the vent only flapped when I used the range hood. It never did anything when I used the microwave, Just assumed my Sabre was the same. Open the vent and turn on the microwave and see if the vent opens. I believe the microwave vents back into the kitchen? Might be wrong but that is what I think.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #26

I don't think anyone believes it is venting the microwave. We say that because the "range hood" is part of the microwave.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #27

Didn't know that. Thanks cor the clarification. It is appreciated.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #28

Microwave vent motor needed reposistioning

Our 2014 320 RS had the Microwave Vent like others mentioned and we were successful at opening it on the outside.
However the internal blower motor was not re-positioned so it vents out the back (to the outside of RV).
We removed the microwave from the wall and followed the instructions that are in the Microwave book on how the fan assembly needs to be flipped and rotated so that it blows outside. The default for the microwave as built is to vent inside (top front of microwave).

Cheers
Ron
RV Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Ron View Post
Our 2014 320 RS had the Microwave Vent like others mentioned and we were successful at opening it on the outside.
However the internal blower motor was not re-positioned so it vents out the back (to the outside of RV).
We removed the microwave from the wall and followed the instructions that are in the Microwave book on how the fan assembly needs to be flipped and rotated so that it blows outside. The default for the microwave as built is to vent inside (top front of microwave).

Cheers
Ron
How did you figure this out? Before removing it, that is...
Old 09-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #30

Turn on the microwave fan (really the stove top vent) and you should get significant airflow out of the flapper vent (having successfully unlatched it as others have commented). If you do not get a significant flow, flapper pushed open, then it is probably not configured correctly. Our microwave is mounted right over the vent, so it is not like it lost airflow along the way. The installers made an awesome seal out of some FOIL TAPE fashioned into a ring shape. This may come apart as you remove the microwave. The instructions show an internal sheet metal flapper for normal house construction but is left out of RV installs. See your microwave installation guide illustrations for EXTERNAL VENT.
RV Ron is offline   Reply With Quote