Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
"On the road again"

Columbus 320RS Spotted On The Road...

For those fellow Columbus 320RS owners...my wife and I were headed into town late yesterday and on Hwy. 51/171 just south of I-20 at Weatherford, Texas...lo and behold we saw coming straight at us...another Columbus 320RS (we weren't towing at the time).

Gotta tell you folks...we (Columbus owners) look pretty darned good pulling that rig down the road.

I'm sure the guy pulling it thought I was crazy flashing my lights and giving a thumbs up as he passed - but, it was the first time to actually see a Columbus owner headed down the road. And, within a couple of miles of our home.

We had seen another Columbus model parked on the side of the road for the night (in transit from factory to dealer) one time, but to see one actually headed for a vacation (hopefully) was pretty cool.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2

Not the only one - citing outside of Charlotte Memorial Day

Glad we are not the only crazies...traveling south bound on I-77, saw one heading north, just outside of Charlotte, probably leaving the race. Imediately thought it might have been Amxpress.

lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #3

Funny, I saw one going South on I-95 while I was going North.
It sure is a good looking rig! I think we all have good taste.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #4

Our first trip out we were traveling north on 59 going to Lake Livingston when we saw one coming up behind us too. Guess there are more and more of Columbus owners out there now. They do look good, people are always staring as we go down the road. Just wish ours would get out of the shop so we can go again.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
"On the road again"

We've noticed people staring too - and at one COE park recently a fellow kept walking by and looking over and over and over. Finally while I was out getting my grill ready to cook supper he stopped and complimented the looks of the Columbus.

We invited him in to see the inside and of course he loved it. He said he and his wife were thinking about buying a new one "in a few years when I retire". His wife was napping, so we invited him to come back with her and give her the tour.

The next morning they passed by on their morning walk and we invited them in. Great people and we spent probably an hour visiting with them. By the time our visit was over, they were saying "Maybe we should go ahead and upgrade NOW...before he retires."

Not sure if they pulled the trigger or not - but, I bet they will before too long.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #6

I think we all have good taste............ and it is amazing how I think of the other Columbus owners!!!! Am glad we have this forum and the facebook page!!! We haven't seen one on the road yet (except ours) And..... we too have given many tours!! Love my Columbus!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rs