Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Columbus 320RS - The "Drought" Breaker

My wife and I have decided...we'll start contacting drought-stricken areas and offer our "rainmaker" services. Since we got our new Columbus EVERY TIME we've taken it out, we have torrential rain (and winds).

First it was in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (you may have seen the 18-wheeler trailers being picked up a couple-hundred feet in the air)...we were camping.

Last week we were on the Texas coast at Port Aransas (near Corpus Christi) and had stormy and rainy weather the first day of our trip and the last day of our trip. One area about 12 miles away had 9" of rain in a 4 hour period.

The good news...our Columbus with six-way levelers is ROCK SOLID and doesn't leak.

So - if you hear of any areas of the country that are going into drought-like conditions this summer let us know and we'll see if they'd want to invest in our expenses to come and stay in their area for a week to break the drought.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Now a "Top Member"
The Hill Country lakes (Medina, Travis, etc.) could still use some filling. How 'bout heading there for a weekend or two??

Seriously, good to know the new digs are holding up well. Just be sure and post up where you'll be so I know to go the other way!!
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote

320rs, breaker, columbus