Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Good to know. Thanks. I am 5'3" So I guess handy hubby will be building me a platform for it. Or...maybe I'll get him to do all the cooking outside while I keep our drinks refilled. *hic*

2011 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel King Ranch
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Anyone know whether these units come stock with a TVs antennae? I can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere.

2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #13

All Columbus 5th wheels come standard with a retractable TV antenna mounted on the roof at no extra charge.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
Trailer Trash

It's a Wineguard amplified antenna. Actually pretty large as you can see it plain as day on the roof when you have it up. Cranks up/down with directional knob for rotating antenna to get best signal. Crank is in hallway ceiling and amplifier button with green LED is next to coax connector - large tv in living room. You can confirm these items on unit you will be buying.

Warning - put antenna down before travel. Bridge, tree, building's roof, or wind will put it down for you and that is not covered under warranty.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
Now Camping Year-Round!!

How is the pull out couch? I've been told Columbus doesn't use those horrible air beds like the one we had in our wildcat and most manufacturers use. is the pull out comfortable? it just folds out and so you end up sleeping on a foamlike 'mattress' are from the seat and cushions from the couch?
2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #16

Pull out couch bed is great. You can actually sleep on it without anything hard poking your hips. It is quite comfortable. All in all the Columbus 325rl is a very good RV and most comfortable for long term camping. Especially with the 4 door refrigerator. We have camped 7 weeks so far and plan for 6 months starting October 1.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
Trailer Trash

It's why they make sleep number beds. The couch is hard as a brick AND the suface you sleep on has large indentations were the cushion ends meet. I spent a few bucks and bought an Aerobed to put on top of the fold out couch. Aerobed is adjustable so your kids/guests can dial in what they like.

Like any bed, try it before you buy it! Some will say too soft, too hard, just right.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #18

Everyone we have had sleep on the fold out couch have loved it and told us it was very comfortable. I push the cushions down so they are even.i also put a mattress pad on the bed so body oils do not get on the couch.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickdana View Post
Pull out couch bed is great. You can actually sleep on it without anything hard poking your hips. It is quite comfortable. All in all the Columbus 325rl is a very good RV and most comfortable for long term camping. Especially with the 4 door refrigerator. We have camped 7 weeks so far and plan for 6 months starting October 1.
Update: we have camped in our 352RL since August, 2012 and have no significant issues. The dealer's service manager called the first of October and said our replacement entrance door was in. We never knew anything major was wrong with the original door. I had to adjust and secure the keeper for the door to close properly and had noticed someone had attempted a fix that had not worked. He told us that the original door was warped. Close inspection affirmed this and we are scheduled to stop at the dealers on our return north in April. Other issues we have after 6 months of camping are: 1. trim on the inside of the kitchen is loose. 2. The stove cover is a little tight. 3. The trim strips on the ceiling has detached from the ceiling for about 12" in one place. 4. The black water valve leaked. (I mentioned this in previous posts).
5. The bedroom tv looses signal when certain lights are turned on. This also is discussed in other posts. I just haven't looked at the connectors yet because we use satellite.
All in all we have a very good camper that seems to be well built and expect to be in it for the long term.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Hey guys, good to hear! Sounds to me that aside from the door, most things are minor and either can be fixed ourselves or in the case of the tv signal in the bedroom, can just be learned how best to live with. Thanks for the update. Really good to hear from one of the few 325RL owners I know of. Doesn't seem to be a very popular model contrary to what Chris Columbus said.

Couple of questions if you don't mind... What options did you buy yours with? Also wondering whether or no you got the 4 or 6 self leveling stabilizers, do you find much movement in the trailer, both side to side or back to back when someone is walking around? Did you get the Strong Arm Stabilizer Package installed at factory?
How is the quality of the material the theatre seating is made of? Is it leather, or vinyl or what? Think it will stand up to longtime usage?
And if you got the bedroom a/c, do you have the noise problem like I have heard mentioned in other posts?
What do you think of the quality of the outside kitchen? I hear it's all made of metal (I have not been able to see this model in person yet), do you think it will rust or bend with use?
The door you had replaced, is it a one piece with the screen in it, or are you getting the separate screen door and outside door without windows that open?
Lastly, have you by any chance measured the length of the trailer. Someone in a previous post mentioned that they had seen both trailers and thought the 325 was shorter than the 320. ??

Thanks so much in advance and I hope I didn't ask too many questions!!??
Cathy

2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS
2009 Wildcat 29RLBS