Old 08-09-2017, 07:24 AM   #1

Columbus 377MB

Really looking forward to ours landing in the UK. How do you all get on with your Columbus? Anything I should be looking out for?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9305.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	147648

Tyesmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 AM   #2

Tagging because I'm wondering as well! Hopefully you get some responses!

strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 AM   #3
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We had a 2012 Columbus 320RS for 5 1/2 years and absolutely loved it. When we started looking for a replacement we went with the idea of another Columbus because we had such a great experience with it. However, once we saw the Cardinal with dual bathroom sinks - residential fridge - 58" television and a few other amenities we were sold on Cardinal.

It's still Forest River and like Columbus in a lot of ways.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with a Columbus.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Cardinal 3456RLX - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & 2017 & 2018: 834 ~ Nights Camping 2019: 75
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #4

We have a 2014 Columbus 340 rear kitchen we purchased new in 2013.. Great Unit , minor fixes when we first got it.. You will love yours..
You can find us: CrockeryCreek RV Park, MI 9/29 - 10/1
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
We had a 2012 Columbus 320RS for 5 1/2 years and absolutely loved it. When we started looking for a replacement we went with the idea of another Columbus because we had such a great experience with it. However, once we saw the Cardinal with dual bathroom sinks - residential fridge - 58" television and a few other amenities we were sold on Cardinal.

It's still Forest River and like Columbus in a lot of ways.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with a Columbus.

Thanks for the positive feedback. That's good news. We've recently found a lovely site and we are right on a lovely fishing lake just 2 miles from Sandy Beaches and a large seaside resort for 2018. Were really looking forward to taking delivery of our Columbus. Happy more years in your Cardinal. Much appreciated.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDR View Post
We have a 2014 Columbus 340 rear kitchen we purchased new in 2013.. Great Unit , minor fixes when we first got it.. You will love yours..

Good to hear. We expect a few niggles but the dealer here seems very good. Looking forward to getting ours and really cannot wait for the end of November. We will have it at home until March next year so we have plenty of time to get used to it and iron out any issues we come across.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:37 AM   #7

So where did you order yours from? How did you spec it out? I'm going to order one soon I believe.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post
So where did you order yours from? How did you spec it out? I'm going to order one soon I believe.

Our dealer is CCRV in the UK. The Columbus 377MB comes really well spec'd up as standard imo. The only options were the:
1. canvas roller covers over the slide outs which are noisy when they flap in the wind and can get damaged in bad weather so we didn't want them.
2. Power legs we felt at £2,500 was a nice option if we were moving a lot but as we are siting it seasonally wasn't really worth it. Our site fee for the whole year is only £1950 so that's over a whole years worth of holidays!
3. The American style double fridge. £2,000 upgrade. We felt that the standard refrigerator was plenty big enough and we didn't want to lose the tall storage unit to the left of the fridge. We tend to eat out most days anyway so there's no way we would need to fill a huge fridge and we don't eat much frozen food.
4. Second Aircon unit. Our sites do not supply enough amps to run both at the same time and as it's well ducted around the whole unit it felt unnecessary. We do have hot weather but nothing like some parts of the U.S.

Otherwise on viewing the Columbus we felt it had everything. We need to buy some TV channel receivers as the U.S ones don't work here, but otherwise each area, lounge, bedroom, bunk and loft bunk have TVs already.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #9

Oh that's so funny to me.

I feel like all of those things are basically requirements! lol.

I love slide toppers because you don't have to sweep off your slides before pulling the slides in each time you move.

We move a lot so we cannot wait for auto levelers.

The gas/electric 18' norcold is like a dream come true for our large family.

We go to Phoenix often and can't imagine not having a second AC. We always find 50 amp though.

It's great that they have these options for everyone
Old 10-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #10

We got our Columbus in February and have been in it full time since March. Upon moving it 1900 miles discovered the window coverings are held on by small screws & fall out. The one over the back window/couch actually fell off in transit. They are too big & heavy for the few small screws they hang them with. Replacing them all with curtains. The shower doors are another issue there is a good thread about them. We took ours off & replaced with shower curtain. Like it much better. We love ours & would buy it again. Always learning something new too. Discovered the outside vent behind the microwave/convection oven today. We have the whirlpool washer & dryer - they are great!

loribico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus