Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #1

Columbus 385BH Minor issues

Hi. I'm new here. I'm about to purchase a 385BH and had some questions about a few issues while looking at the unit at my dealer. 1st, the mattress in the bunk room that is snapped to the wall. This isn't a very secure or solid solution. Both units I have seen, the mattress is already ripped at the straps and the snaps are almost pulled out of the wall. Seems it needs a better storage solution for this mattress. 2nd is the pulls for the black and gray water. Both pulls seem week and wobbly and one was bent into the side wall, and they were extremely hard to push/pull in and out. Is this normal? 3rd is in the outside kitchen, the drawer on the bottom right would hit the frame of the opening and has already rubbed off the paint and on the way to ripping the gasket. I didn't see any adjustment for this. 4th on the table in the bunk room, the leg that folds under also extends. The clicking thing that locks the extension in place was already broken. These are just a few things I saw in the units on the lot. I guess what I am getting at would be, is the overall quality of this rig reminiscent of all these little things or are these things just some flukes. The layout and size and look of the RV is perfect for my family. I'm just concerned of the overall quality. Thanks for your insight.
Status56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Wish I was camping

Just FYI I have lots of minor issues like you seen and some MAJOR ones that I have refrained from mentioning on the forum. I am waiting to see if they are going to be resolved.
Here is a link of a thread to read.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bhs-26479.html

Also search both 385 and 365 models for problems others are having. If you want more info PM me.

2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually
B&W Companion hitch
fice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Factory Rep

As I stated before, contact our warranty man. We haven't backed away from fixing any issues.
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #4

As much as I can appreciate wanting to take care of the issues, I can't help but think of the underlying "major" things that won't pop up until the warranty is out. If these "minor" things keep getting out of the factory, what major things are also. I just had this issue with my Puma. Started telling the dealer of an issue about 3 months after I bought it. They kept saying they couldn't see anything. Brought it in to them 3 or 4 times over the next year and pointed it out each time. Still couldn't see it. Now that the warranty is totally out, they all of the sudden see it. They told me No Way was the factory going to pay for this since it is out of warranty. So now I'm stuck with a $1500 patch or a $5500 fix. This is why I'm nervous about the little things and what may lie underneath.
Don't get me wrong, I really really would like to purchase this RV. I'm just looking for some reassurance that the quality really is there, that most of this minor stuff is no big deal.
Status56 is offline   Reply With Quote