Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #221

I've read a lot on here about the black water flush being hooked up wrong. The guy that pumps out our tanks says we get almost no flush. How can I identify if mine is connected wrong and how do I make it right? I took off the wall behind the service panel. From the waste tank flush, it goes forward a couple of feet and goes up. Does it go up into a check valve and then down to the tank?

Also, as I asked above, when I bypass my hot water tank and switch to winterization, does that put the suction side of the pump to the winterization hose connection? I don't know about anyone else, but my book is very vague, covering campers in general. Doesn't really cover my unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim & Tammy Wright
2013 Columbus 320rs
Delivered to site
radarmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #222
"On the road again"

Changing the subject just a bit - but, imagine our surprise upon arriving at the Canton First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX and parking right next to another Columbus 320RS. Ours is on the right - the one on the left belongs to Ron and Barbara Smith of Joplin, MO.

It isn't fancy RV accommodations here (water, sewer, electric and cable TV) - but, for a week's worth of shopping the bargains - it's fine.

My wife has a large shop here, so we're "living" here one week out of each month.

Great to meet Ron and Barbara, and they're as friendly and nice as you'd expect any Columbus owner to be.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #223

And two nicer looking rigs can't be found! That is unless one with the grey exterior were tucked in there too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Changing the subject just a bit - but, imagine our surprise upon arriving at the Canton First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX and parking right next to another Columbus 320RS. Ours is on the right - the one on the left belongs to Ron and Barbara Smith of Joplin, MO.

It isn't fancy RV accommodations here (water, sewer, electric and cable TV) - but, for a week's worth of shopping the bargains - it's fine.

My wife has a large shop here, so we're "living" here one week out of each month.

Great to meet Ron and Barbara, and they're as friendly and nice as you'd expect any Columbus owner to be.
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

Wow!!! And imagine..... We just get excited to see another in the road!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #225

Thats awesome-- we've yet to see another one in a campground or even meet one on the road.---- NICE PICTURE
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #226
Trailer Trash

I bet the Columbus factory rep just got a woody when he saw that pic. That had to be fun as heck for both of you!
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus
Well you created your own light problem and battery problem by not using the battery disconnect . Proper use and a good walk thru of operation is always a plus
Chris
Chris Bills Camper is sending my 320 to the factory for some work let me know how is going. Roof and floor issues.Email me
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcalder View Post
Thanks for the tip. I had already tried closing the vent on the A/C unit and didn't get much air flow from the ceiling vents. I realize the main vent on the unit is intended for quick cool-down (meaning probably more air volume) but when I close it I can feel a small amount of air from a couple of ceiling vents and none from others. I'm taking the trailer to the dealer tomorrow morning to let them figure out what's going on. I'm also going to ask them what's up with the tempermental external radio. My dealer is FunTown in Cleburne, Texas. They did a good job fixing my first punch list of items, so hopefully they can solve these two things as well.
We have the same problem with our A/C having poor air flow from the ceiling vents. Did yours get fixed?
2015 Nights Camped 72
2016 42
2017 15 so far
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #229
Trailer Trash

Not much air flow comes from the ceiling vents when the spot cooling duct is closed in the living room. Further away you are from the AC blower, less air you will feel through the vents. Magically however, it cools off the whole RV this way after 4 hours or so. If you leave the spot cooling vent open in living room, the bedroom and bathroom stay hot. Want extra cooling, you have to install the bedroom AC.

The radio in the basement is a cheap piece of marine radio crap. Mine screws up also and has poor reception. Turn off hallway light and reception is better. IF your radio quits working, disconnect AC AND Battery switch disconnect thus removing all power from radio for a 10 seconds. Then turn battery back on and see if it works again. Worked for me.
http://www.prospecelectronics.com/ma...r%20manual.pdf

I'm guessing this marine radio by Clarion is much better and may even fit in the existing hole. Clarion U.S.A. | Marine Audio
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #230

We first looked at the 320RS in South Dakota last summer. It was very impressive but we kept hearing about Quality Control issues. What do you both think? You've been out a couple of months. Any problems? How does it tow? What upgrades would you recommend? If you had to do it over, would you have done the same thing? Are you planning to full time in that rig or do you think you could? Thanks
jeff55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #231

We looked at these rigs all over the midwest last summer and since we carry bikes and bikes are important to us, it was our impression that this rack was useless and it should be scrapped or not advertized as a bike rack. A better solution would be a receiver that could take a broad range of stock bike racks. Head aches gone! What do you think about that
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #232

The good thing about this rack is that it will hold 400lbs and you can use it for other things than bikes.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff55 View Post
We first looked at the 320RS in South Dakota last summer. It was very impressive but we kept hearing about Quality Control issues. What do you both think? You've been out a couple of months. Any problems? How does it tow? What upgrades would you recommend? If you had to do it over, would you have done the same thing? Are you planning to full time in that rig or do you think you could? Thanks
Mine has been in the shop twice as long as I have used it. I have the 385 but still comes out of the same factory. There is no quality control in my opinion. I would never even think about buying one again.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #234

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that but we have been hearing a lot of those same things. The price is right but the stuff you can't see screws you up every time if there is no quality control. How receptive has the factory been to the issues?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
The good thing about this rack is that it will hold 400lbs and you can use it for other things than bikes.
That is a very useful option but from what I saw there was plenty of room inside and out for stuff and there was no way our bikes fit on there. One thought may be if they would just install a receiver hitch that would accept a stock bike rack you could leave the rack folded up if you preferred to have your bikes with you. That was one of the reason why we didn't buy one on the spot! Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #236

The dealer has had it for over 2 weeks. I called 2 days ago to get a status and they said they had ordered parts but no ETA. The manufacturer basically gave me the same old runaround. "Sorry for your problems". This NEVER happens". "We'll make it right". Blah blah blah. My salesman said every one he's sold has been in service for one reason or another. Every one had AC problems.
Manufacturer promised me all the the AC issues (as well as other common issues) had been resolved long ago and I wouldn't have the same problems when I took delivery. These are well documented issues from the first unit and they have done nothing to resolve them.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #237

Another weekend and the Columbus is still in the shop. Days owned 30, days camping 2, days in shop 18. We wanted to go to the Delta this weekend to avoid the heat but the A/C in our new 5er can’t handle the heat so here we are at home. Maybe we should have bought the Montana.
2015 Nights Camped 72
2016 42
2017 15 so far
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #238
john I

i have the 365 and it did not come with the cable for that. go to radio shack and tell them that you want to connect your tv to your suround sound system so you can get regular TV through your sound system. It cost about $40.00. sorry i can't remember what it was called but they will help you.
1963 5'2" wife Sheri
johnemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #239
john I

gas
1963 5'2" wife Sheri
johnemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnemt
i have the 365 and it did not come with the cable for that. go to radio shack and tell them that you want to connect your tv to your suround sound system so you can get regular TV through your sound system. It cost about $40.00. sorry i can't remember what it was called but they will help you.
What is it. I bought a optical cable but still can't get it to work
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel