Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #281

You have to turn your head a bit to watch tv from the theatre seating.
Our previous fiver was a rear kitchen with the same seating arrangement as the Columbus. We used two Euro recliners and was able to angle them to make TV viewing comfortable. I would do the same if I was to get a Columbus rear kitchen fiver. Theatre seating works well only when they're positioned directly across from the TV.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
You have to turn your head a bit to watch tv from the theatre seating.
Our previous fiver was a rear kitchen with the same seating arrangement as the Columbus. We used two Euro recliners and was able to angle them to make TV viewing comfortable. I would do the same if I was to get a Columbus rear kitchen fiver. Theatre seating works well only when they're positioned directly across from the TV.
I totally agree, this was at the top of the list for Kim on the 320. Too many 5er's, especially ones with rear living space, have limited viewing in front of you. I am looking forward to the theatre seating in this one.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #283
Site Team

yea, i don't see the advantage of theater seating, if you have to crank your head to the side to watch, such as the new 340RK.
Chris Columbus said that you could have a swingarm added to pull the tv out so that it turned toward you.
it seems to me that it should come with such a thing, if the theater seats are on the side of the tv, instead of directly in front of.
i would choose regular recliners that could be moved, if we decided to get the 340RK.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #284
Commercial Member

Chris, how is the toyhauler production coming along??

I have half a dozen people waiting to see one of them....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #285
Factory Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat
Chris, how is the toyhauler production coming along??

I have half a dozen people waiting to see one of them....
The toy hauler will hit production line sometime in Jan. We just introduced another layout at our Big Dealer product show. It was a hot Hit. Think Columbus interior beauty with a garage .
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #286
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
The toy hauler will hit production line sometime in Jan. We just introduced another layout at our Big Dealer product show. It was a hot Hit. Think Columbus interior beauty with a garage .
Chris
Yep, we changed our order from the 3200 to the 3400 for the extra 2 feet in the garage....

Can't wait to actually see one.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #287

Don't go to Ron Hoover in Houston, Just my 3 cents, he has a bad rep
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
yea, i don't see the advantage of theater seating, if you have to crank your head to the side to watch, such as the new 340RK.
Chris Columbus said that you could have a swingarm added to pull the tv out so that it turned toward you.
it seems to me that it should come with such a thing, if the theater seats are on the side of the tv, instead of directly in front of.
i would choose regular recliners that could be moved, if we decided to get the 340RK.
I agree the tv should already have a swing arm added(Chris Columbus).
Old 12-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #289

How do I play music from my Iphone?

We will be picking up our 320RS next week and can someone explain how to play music from Iphone to both inside and/or outside speakers?
Mr.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #290

playing it inside is easy if you don't have your iPhone cased (mine is in a lifeproof & DH is in otterbox) there is a sit in connection on the surround sound. I have since bought a sound bar and just connect it to that with a wire. Easier!!! haven't hooked it up to the new radio/outside speakers yet. Mr Z..

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #291
Factory Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.z
We will be picking up our 320RS next week and can someone explain how to play music from Iphone to both inside and/or outside speakers?
I phone can be connected to either inside or outside stereo on new Columbus models. They are separate systems , you can't play the same setup thru in / outside speakers due to this.
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #292

I don't believe the inside and outside speakers are connected in any way on the 320RS>
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #293

Is there a seperate USB port for both the outside and inside speakers. Didn't pick up my 320RS yet so I know.
Mr.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #294

I haven't found any connections between the outside and inside speakers on the 320.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #295

Inside and outside speakers are not connected. There is a USB port on the outside radio in the basement.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #296
IndyDave

We purchased our Columbus October 13th and so far we really love it. I get a lot of compliments from other Winter Texans. We have experienced only some minor problems.

Whoever installed the day/night shades did not know what they were doing. I had to make several adjustments and noticed while doing so that the cable strung through the spool at the bottom was knotted on the inside of the spool. Works much better if they are knotted on the outside. I think whoever installed them used an electric screw driver with too much torque. Some of the spools had extra holes in the wall where they stripped them out.

We are currently having an issue with the electric awning. The dealer is supposed to come a take a look at it. It chatters and sometimes stops when retracting.

The black water flush seems to work OK because it flushes out the waste, but the fluid level sensors do not work very well. It are now shows 2/3rd full when the tank is empty and after I flushed it out. I put in the chemicals every time I empty the tank.
djhender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #297

RE:Ipod connection
My unit was shipped early November,,,the surround sound receiver USB connection does not support Apple (Ipod) so I use the RCA jack input. It works just fine...
I also have not had a chance to use the USB on the stereo in the "basement" but I'm sure that it does in fact support Ipods due to it being an automotive unit.....
Happy Camping!
Dru
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #298
IndyDave

Buckeye Dave

Another question:

My Columbus came with a Bike Rack on the back. I didn't get any pamphlet or information on how to use it. It doesn't have any markings as to the manufacturer so I can't Google it. Does anyone know if Forest River or Palomino has anything on the web to show how it is supposed to be used. I have not been able to locate anything at the web site. Here is an Image of the rack:

[IMG]C:\Users\Dave\Pictures\Dell WebCam Central\BikeRack.ipg[/IMG]
Thanks.
djhender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #299

I doubt there is any documentation on the rack! I remember numerous threads on how to use it / why it does not work that well (for bikes) etc....
I think your best off, getting your bikes, some bungee's and create your own scheme. I really like the rack, but have only put one bike on it - securing it to the ladder and upright bar...
dr
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporoo View Post
i totally agree, this was at the top of the list for kim on the 320. Too many 5er's, especially ones with rear living space, have limited viewing in front of you. I am looking forward to the theatre seating in this one.
all they needed to do was reverse the things in the slideouts ,put the sink in the back and put a twin hide-a-bed where the sink is and you got a 320 with a rear kitchen.
dunebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel