Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #201

We have the Columbus 320RS and are very happy with it. I can't comment in some of your questions, but for the second ac, I would recommend highly if you will be camping anywhere in the south. We have it and glad that we do. If you do not get the rear fiberglass cap, it will be a nice bike rack. I would recommend the 4 or 6 level up system. Our's is the 4 level and makes setting up a whole lot easier. Slide toppers are also a nice plus for us.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #202

Smile

Regarding the washer/dryer. Ours has a vent to the outside.

The 385 kitchen comes with a microwave and a small refrigerator. There is a bit of counter space under the microwave (its width) and a similar amount to the right of the frig. There are "slam lock" cabinets above the microwave and to the right of the frig. There are also pulled drawers along the length. All are metal and solid. There is no sink. A stove was in the original design. However, it was taken out in production. There is room for a camp stove in a drawer as well as other things. We have a kitchen set and dining set that we used with my show trailer. When we travel with our children and grandchildren we plan to take it.

Regarding the rear cap, we chose not to get it. We do have the window option as well as the bedroom HVAC. We also have the heat pump option. We have only used the heat once back in late May camping in the North Carolina mountains. Although I consider a heat pump to be a cold pump, I believe that it should work well enough in Florida in the winter. It also saves on propane. We expect to use both systems in late November when we will be in the North Georgia mountains.

The Trail Aire is a great asset.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #203

Regarding the automatic leveling system. We have the 6 way. We also have the bike rack. However, so far we have only hauled fishing tackle on it as we have yet to purchase bikes.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #204
Trailer Trash

OK I lied. My TV on the 320RS doesn't play through the surrond sound either. YET. Sounds like a good labor day weekend project.

Water heater is wimpy on electric only. Fire up the propane switch and it's the opposite extreme. HOT water and plenty of it. I can take a long shower and never run out. Soooo, I run propane for 10-20 minutes, shut it off and turn on electric which works for everything except showers. No washer/dryer in my rig. I'm guessing washing machine would need propane running also just like the shower does. I'm just a weekend warrior and have a long way to go before full time camping.

No auto levelers for me either. I use the orange lego blocks for the tires to get left right level 1st. Then put down a bunch of 2x10 wood blocks under the 4 electric motor legs. This keeps the legs from extending soooo far. Trailer is more stabile when legs are shorter. Long extended legs = flex = movement felt inside. I use 4 wheel chocks also. I bought those ratchet wheel blocks that go between the wheels. Never even installed those yet. I really don't feel any movement inside my trailer. I did bias my trailer a little bit to the left side of center so the track for the shower slide doors drain better. I don't like water puddling in the door slide.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #205

Smile

So far, we have only used the electric water heater and found it more than adequate. My wife has said nothing about problems regarding the washing machine.

I too have had issues with the supports being extended too far. I use a combination of the orange blocks and 2 x 10 10" boards. I haven't put the legos under the tires. Not a bad idea. we have seen a little puddling in the shower floor but I have not noticed any in the shower door channel.

If you figure out a work around for surround sound and the TV and a BluRay player, let me know.

With my wife still working, we are only able to take off long weekends and an occasional week. (She owns the company and thanks to remote access can run her business from the road at this time of year. It gets hectic in January.)

Happy camping.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus
Ok, I'm going to do some serious talking with the rep that supplies the battery disconnect. I will post what he has to say.
Please, remember that I'm just a camper myself and happen to work for Columbus. I don't wish to upset anyone. I only wish to help.I should get someone else to help on some of these questions.
Chris
Haven't heard anything. Still awaiting answers re: battery disconnect and connecting to shore power 24/7.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

wow chris...in my opinion this is totally out of line. If you honestly believe not using a battery disconnect for two weeks can cause any of these problems (much less all of them), then we all have a problem.

First, it sounds to me like there is a bad switch that's allowing the lights to stay on. Second, those dimming lights in the 320rs i believe are led aren't they - which should be very low drain.

And third...i'm not sure you should be diagnosing "off the cuff" without asking a few more questions.

We're all in this together and i think this sort of snap judgment isn't beneficial to anyone.
totally!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #208
Factory Rep

Please read the re post I did on battery disconnect. I believe it clears up misconceptions
Chris
Old 09-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #209
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Please read the re post I did on battery disconnect. I believe it clears up misconceptions
Chris
Chris, post a link to that thread as it was helpful.

Executive summary........

When hooked up to RV campsite/120VAC power, leave the battery disconnect on so it charges up your battery.

When NOT hooked up to RV campsite/120VAC power, leave the battery disconnect off so it doesn't drain your battery dead.

When NOT hooked up to RV campsite/120VAC power, if you do leave the battery disconnect on, your battery will die as all the electronics in these new RVs suck up power from the battery even though things in your RV are turned off.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Chris
Thanks, I found it. Very helpful info to know.

Tags
5th wheel