Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #221

I've read a lot on here about the black water flush being hooked up wrong. The guy that pumps out our tanks says we get almost no flush. How can I identify if mine is connected wrong and how do I make it right? I took off the wall behind the service panel. From the waste tank flush, it goes forward a couple of feet and goes up. Does it go up into a check valve and then down to the tank?

Also, as I asked above, when I bypass my hot water tank and switch to winterization, does that put the suction side of the pump to the winterization hose connection? I don't know about anyone else, but my book is very vague, covering campers in general. Doesn't really cover my unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim & Tammy Wright
2013 Columbus 320rs
Delivered to site
radarmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #222
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Changing the subject just a bit - but, imagine our surprise upon arriving at the Canton First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX and parking right next to another Columbus 320RS. Ours is on the right - the one on the left belongs to Ron and Barbara Smith of Joplin, MO.

It isn't fancy RV accommodations here (water, sewer, electric and cable TV) - but, for a week's worth of shopping the bargains - it's fine.

My wife has a large shop here, so we're "living" here one week out of each month.

Great to meet Ron and Barbara, and they're as friendly and nice as you'd expect any Columbus owner to be.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #223

And two nicer looking rigs can't be found! That is unless one with the grey exterior were tucked in there too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Changing the subject just a bit - but, imagine our surprise upon arriving at the Canton First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX and parking right next to another Columbus 320RS. Ours is on the right - the one on the left belongs to Ron and Barbara Smith of Joplin, MO.

It isn't fancy RV accommodations here (water, sewer, electric and cable TV) - but, for a week's worth of shopping the bargains - it's fine.

My wife has a large shop here, so we're "living" here one week out of each month.

Great to meet Ron and Barbara, and they're as friendly and nice as you'd expect any Columbus owner to be.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

Wow!!! And imagine..... We just get excited to see another in the road!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #225

Thats awesome-- we've yet to see another one in a campground or even meet one on the road.---- NICE PICTURE
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #226
Trailer Trash

I bet the Columbus factory rep just got a woody when he saw that pic. That had to be fun as heck for both of you!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus
Well you created your own light problem and battery problem by not using the battery disconnect . Proper use and a good walk thru of operation is always a plus
Chris
Chris Bills Camper is sending my 320 to the factory for some work let me know how is going. Roof and floor issues.Email me
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcalder View Post
Thanks for the tip. I had already tried closing the vent on the A/C unit and didn't get much air flow from the ceiling vents. I realize the main vent on the unit is intended for quick cool-down (meaning probably more air volume) but when I close it I can feel a small amount of air from a couple of ceiling vents and none from others. I'm taking the trailer to the dealer tomorrow morning to let them figure out what's going on. I'm also going to ask them what's up with the tempermental external radio. My dealer is FunTown in Cleburne, Texas. They did a good job fixing my first punch list of items, so hopefully they can solve these two things as well.
We have the same problem with our A/C having poor air flow from the ceiling vents. Did yours get fixed?
2015 Nights Camped 72
2016 42
2017 15 so far
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #229
Trailer Trash

Not much air flow comes from the ceiling vents when the spot cooling duct is closed in the living room. Further away you are from the AC blower, less air you will feel through the vents. Magically however, it cools off the whole RV this way after 4 hours or so. If you leave the spot cooling vent open in living room, the bedroom and bathroom stay hot. Want extra cooling, you have to install the bedroom AC.

The radio in the basement is a cheap piece of marine radio crap. Mine screws up also and has poor reception. Turn off hallway light and reception is better. IF your radio quits working, disconnect AC AND Battery switch disconnect thus removing all power from radio for a 10 seconds. Then turn battery back on and see if it works again. Worked for me.
http://www.prospecelectronics.com/ma...r%20manual.pdf

I'm guessing this marine radio by Clarion is much better and may even fit in the existing hole. Clarion U.S.A. | Marine Audio
Old 09-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #230

We first looked at the 320RS in South Dakota last summer. It was very impressive but we kept hearing about Quality Control issues. What do you both think? You've been out a couple of months. Any problems? How does it tow? What upgrades would you recommend? If you had to do it over, would you have done the same thing? Are you planning to full time in that rig or do you think you could? Thanks

Tags
5th wheel