Old 03-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #21

Columbus 325

We looked at a 325 yesterday. We had previously only seen the 320. We were very impressed. The dealer took a great deal of time with us showing us a lot of particulars. We were suitably impressed. My wife still questions my sanity for wanting to tow a fifth wheel. We have gotten the spec sheet for the 385. We have also gotten prices. Just need to finalize things, sign the papers and write the CHECK – Place the order and Wait.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #22

I posted the problems my friend had under this web site as Columbus problems. Take a look at my comments. I am waiting on the rep that has posted on this form to response to me and I will fill him in.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #23

Chris Columbus or anyone who has seen the 385BH prototype

What is the sleeping capacity (beds/sofa beds) for the 385?
Is it 4 in the bunks + fold out sofa bed + master suite?
Is the sofa a sleeper?
If you have the booth dinette, does the table drop down to become a bed?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist View Post
Chris Columbus or anyone who has seen the 385BH prototype

What is the sleeping capacity (beds/sofa beds) for the 385?
Is it 4 in the bunks + fold out sofa bed + master suite?
Is the sofa a sleeper?
If you have the booth dinette, does the table drop down to become a bed?
There is a queen (with a king option) in the master. The bunk roomshaw 4 beds. One of those is a "jack-knife" type sofa, could potentially sleep 2 (easily 2 children).

There is not a sleeper sofa, rather a 2 recliner/ theater type seating unit and a small built in storage seat (could seat 2) in living area. You may be able to opt in a sofa inplace of these recliners. But I bet those recliners would be pretty comfortable to sleep in as well.

We are getting the table/chairs and that is what was in the prototype we saw. I am sure there is the booth option and they usually can be converted to a bed.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #25

Columbus 385BH Sleeping Space

We found out today that what we thought was a sleeper sofa in the main area is a bench. What is the size of the Sleeper Sofa in the bunkhouse. Is it a standard "Full Bed" or smaller. Does anybody have any information. My wife is really disappointed now that we are looking at less sleeping space (number of people.)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #26

With the island, there is just not the floor space for a pull out sofa in the living room area.
I don't know the width of the jack knife sofa in the bunk room, but I have slept on a similar sofa with my 8 year old granddaughter. I wouldn't think it would be very comfortable with 2 adults though. It was fine for the two 8 year olds.
How many folks are you trying to sleep?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #27

Ideally, 4 children and 6 adults. (Occasionally)

Most likely 3 children ( 6-10) and 4 adults (2 old grandparents).

After posting during the 1st half, we have accepted that the best we can hope for is one family (3 kids + parents and us - gps). My wife seems happier now. She went to be and left me to watch the 2nd half.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #28

You always could set up a tent outside for the kiddoes. Then flip a coin-the losing adult has to bunk outside and supervise! (Grandparents excluded of course!)
One rule we have - no one sleeps in our bed! We have earned our "spot"! We do however "share" occasionally with a certain little girl who still likes to "snuggle" with her Grandma and Poppa! Life is good!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #29

We pulled the trigger and ordered the 385BH. Now we wait. We figure with transport from the factory about 9 weeks (could be earlier). I guess we'll take the maiden voyage in late June.

Who knows, maybe we'll drive to Indiana and check it out while it is being built. Doubt it. Long drive.

Happy Easter To All.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #30

Does the Columbus come with an HD TV? The 385 I'm buying has a total of 3. Are all 3 HD, SD or a combination?

Tags
5th wheel