Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #41
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
All the televisions ar HD and digital. The primary one is LED. Mine both are Toshiba in my 320RS. Watched a DVD last trip. Between the picture quality and the Panasonic surround sound, it was AWESOME to say the least.
We bought and watched WAR HORSE on our Toshiba 42" LED and the Panasonic surround sound. Amazing...and I hope we didn't disturb the neighbors in the RV park but we certainly made it a theatrical experience.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #42

Where can I find a Dealer close to east Texas?
Elmer Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #43

Dealer

Go to

Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

dealer locator upper right.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #44
"On the road again"

Elmer - I'm not sure if there are any dealers that sell Columbus in East Texas or if you'll have to go into Louisiana to some place like Bayou Outdoor (Bayou Outdoor Supercenter - Boats - RVs - Bossier City - Shreveport Louisiana) - but you might want to check with Tyler RV (Tyler, Dallas, Texas, RV, Dealer, Catalina, Cedar Creek, Coleman, Fifth Wheel, Folding Camper, Toy Hauler, Travel Trailer, Used, Parts, Accessories).

Otherwise, you may have to go to FunTown RV in Waco or Cleburne - more Central Texas.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
Now a "Top Member"

The search on their website came up with Ron Hoover in Houston. Boy, you'd figure there would be more than that. At least within 250 miles of Houston anyway.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #46
"On the road again"

I had been told that Forest River was being extremely selective as to which of their dealers were going to be allowed to carry the Columbus line. Not sure if that was factual, but it seems so...at least here in Texas. I know of FunTown RV in Cleburne and Waco...Ron Hoover in Houston, Boerne and Rockport...and Colonia del Rey in Corpus Christi.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
I'm looking for more reviews on the columbus 320RS to see if anyone has same problems as us.
We are having electrical and cable problems, also ceiling strips buckling. We really like the Columbus but not having much luck getting the problems resolved, where we bought it seems to think its our problem.
dunebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #48

Quote:
We are having electrical and cable problems, also ceiling strips buckling.
What exact electrical problems are you having?
Are the ceiling strips pulling away from the ceiling?
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
What exact electrical problems are you having?
Are the ceiling strips pulling away from the ceiling?
The recept by the stove trips the gfi when anything is plugged into it. The cable ends were not put on right, the electric and cable wires are ran together, which causes intreference and gets worse if you turn the lights on. Tried hooking the cable direct to tv from outside and it worked fine. The ceiling strips were pulling away and the tech that stopped by did try to put them back but ended up bending them in several places. Our Columbus is on a seasonal lot having a hard time getting someone to fix the problems. We have had this 1 month. When we toured the factory we were impressed and we were told the quality control of the columbus was such that any problems would be caught before it left the factory. We are dissappointed, but would still like this taken care of.
dunebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #50

Huh!!! We was out this weekend with our Columbus and had problems with the TV when you turn lights on too, and we have a crown molding buckling and trim coming loose by the recliner, and the basement radios volume won't go up or down and the bas/treble doesn't work- plus the shower doors are on wrond and waiting for Palomino come come up with a fix for that, but our dealer is working really well with us on the problems..............
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #51
tlc

Just a quick question about the bike rack....what size bikes fit in that? 26" standard bikes absolutely do not fit. We love our Columbus 320RS but certainly not the bike rack....a real headache.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #52
"On the road again"

Our 26" bikes don't fit - looks like it should be a 30" or 32" (and I'm pretty sure they don't make a bike that size).

Bottom line, I think it's a great concept but a design flaw. I sure wish Christopher Columubus would weigh in on that.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #53
tlc

Yeah, Christopher Columbus please weigh in on the bike rack....would love to hear from you.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #54

ya--- where was R&D on this one, one wheel fits in the slot and the other is up on the frame. Have to use a lot of bungee cords to hold them in place!!!!
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #55
Here to Help

Dear Customers,
I will give you a little background on the bike/utility rack. We are always looking for constructive input on our products.

Rack History lesson:
The industry started to use a pull out bike rack several years ago. Sabre tried that concept and had several customer complaints due to the rack's guides getting rusty and not sliding in and out well. This rack also seemed to flop up and down going down the road. The pull out rack was normally rated at 220 lbs or less.

Customers continued to ask for a rack that addressed bikes and cargo.

So the next generation rack flipped down. This addressed the sliding in and out problem and increased the carrying capacity that customers were asking for. The main platform was made of expanded metal. It was very difficult to get the edges of this expanded metal covered with paint. Also being one flat piece of metal there were no slots for tires to rest in. But the cargo people loved the flat surface.

So the next generation of bike rack tried to address slots for tires while also keeping the carrying capacity. As we worked with all the sizes of bikes we found that if we made the slots so that both tires fit for kids bikes it then caused the larger bike's wheels to fall through and rest on the axle bolts. Per bike owners this was not acceptable. And as we addressed all the sizes the creation became too difficult to build and very expensive. So we conceeded thinking that if one tire could be placed in the slot it would be an improvement. And we still had a strong rack that address the cargo carrying customers.

Trying to create the rack that works for everyone and is cost effective has been a real challenge. I've enjoyed seeing how Sabre customers have modified the rack to fit their needs. We've had such a great responce on the rack that Columbus decided to use the same rack. Hopefully with all your great input,we can improve the product while keeping ALL the customers needs in mind.

Our rack is not perfect and we will continue to look for improvements. I hope this answers some questions.

I posted this from my phone so spelling may be off. Sorry.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #56
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Very nice sabre Sam!
Thanks for clearing up or showing how your end result rack is the way it is.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #57
"On the road again"

Thanks SabreSam - I guess we'll see how innovative we all are in figuring out a way to keep our bikes from falling off and being lost or dragging behind us as we head down the highway. Twice we've nearly lost ours - and laying them flat I've damaged the rubber handlebar grips going through low spots. I'll study things further and see if I come up with any workable solutions - and everybody else...please share your solutions if/when you come up with a dependable way to get them to hang on for the ride.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #58

THANK YOU Sabre Sam, that helps a lot. So Far the one wheel in the slot works for me with the aid of a few bungee cords. I'm thinking of remodeling it with a couple moveable rods thru holes drilled thru the frame.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #59

385 Oven & Stove

Is the oven gas or electric?

Is the inside kitchen stove gas or electric?
plein air artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #60
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist View Post
385 Oven & Stove

Is the oven gas or electric?

Is the inside kitchen stove gas or electric?
I have never seen and electric stove or oven in a camper .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel