Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #291
Factory Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.z
We will be picking up our 320RS next week and can someone explain how to play music from Iphone to both inside and/or outside speakers?
I phone can be connected to either inside or outside stereo on new Columbus models. They are separate systems , you can't play the same setup thru in / outside speakers due to this.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #292

I don't believe the inside and outside speakers are connected in any way on the 320RS>

2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #293

Is there a seperate USB port for both the outside and inside speakers. Didn't pick up my 320RS yet so I know.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #294

I haven't found any connections between the outside and inside speakers on the 320.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #295

Inside and outside speakers are not connected. There is a USB port on the outside radio in the basement.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #296
IndyDave

We purchased our Columbus October 13th and so far we really love it. I get a lot of compliments from other Winter Texans. We have experienced only some minor problems.

Whoever installed the day/night shades did not know what they were doing. I had to make several adjustments and noticed while doing so that the cable strung through the spool at the bottom was knotted on the inside of the spool. Works much better if they are knotted on the outside. I think whoever installed them used an electric screw driver with too much torque. Some of the spools had extra holes in the wall where they stripped them out.

We are currently having an issue with the electric awning. The dealer is supposed to come a take a look at it. It chatters and sometimes stops when retracting.

The black water flush seems to work OK because it flushes out the waste, but the fluid level sensors do not work very well. It are now shows 2/3rd full when the tank is empty and after I flushed it out. I put in the chemicals every time I empty the tank.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #297

RE:Ipod connection
My unit was shipped early November,,,the surround sound receiver USB connection does not support Apple (Ipod) so I use the RCA jack input. It works just fine...
I also have not had a chance to use the USB on the stereo in the "basement" but I'm sure that it does in fact support Ipods due to it being an automotive unit.....
Happy Camping!
Dru
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #298
IndyDave

Buckeye Dave

Another question:

My Columbus came with a Bike Rack on the back. I didn't get any pamphlet or information on how to use it. It doesn't have any markings as to the manufacturer so I can't Google it. Does anyone know if Forest River or Palomino has anything on the web to show how it is supposed to be used. I have not been able to locate anything at the web site. Here is an Image of the rack:

[IMG]C:\Users\Dave\Pictures\Dell WebCam Central\BikeRack.ipg[/IMG]
Thanks.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #299

I doubt there is any documentation on the rack! I remember numerous threads on how to use it / why it does not work that well (for bikes) etc....
I think your best off, getting your bikes, some bungee's and create your own scheme. I really like the rack, but have only put one bike on it - securing it to the ladder and upright bar...
dr
Old 12-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporoo View Post
i totally agree, this was at the top of the list for kim on the 320. Too many 5er's, especially ones with rear living space, have limited viewing in front of you. I am looking forward to the theatre seating in this one.
all they needed to do was reverse the things in the slideouts ,put the sink in the back and put a twin hide-a-bed where the sink is and you got a 320 with a rear kitchen.

Tags
5th wheel