Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #331
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza42 View Post
I am new to this forum but find many interesting topics being discussed, so I look forward to many conversations with the knowledgeable people here.
Welcome!!! You will get to know lots of folks who love their FR, and love to share what they know! Looking forward to your chats!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #332
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza42 View Post
I am new to this forum but find many interesting topics being discussed, so I look forward to many conversations with the knowledgeable people here.
Welcome, what kind of camper do you have??
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #333
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 28
Columbus 365rl
__________________
2013 Columbus 365RL

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #334
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza42 View Post
Columbus 365rl
Nice, we have a 295!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #335
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Nice, we have a 295!!
We just Picked up our 295 Saturday! Going out this Memorial Day weekend.

I have a question concerning an issue with the verneer on the moulding. It looks like there were air bubbles in the glue when the verneer was set on the wood at the factory. Over time (and heat) the tiny air bubbles expanded and made several wrinkles about 1/16-1/8" in depth and vary from 1 to 6 inches. Maybe the wood was outgassing? The wrinkles are on at least 15 different panels/moulding/trim throughout the trailer.

I'll see if I can post a picture tonight.

The issue was wrote up at PDI, but I don't know how they would fix this other than replacing a LOT of Moulding/Trim.

Wondering if anyone else has/had this issue?
__________________
2013 Columbus 295RL Fifth Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 Diesel 4x4 CC KR
Tim295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #336
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim295 View Post
We just Picked up our 295 Saturday! Going out this Memorial Day weekend.

I have a question concerning an issue with the verneer on the moulding. It looks like there were air bubbles in the glue when the verneer was set on the wood at the factory. Over time (and heat) the tiny air bubbles expanded and made several wrinkles about 1/16-1/8" in depth and vary from 1 to 6 inches. Maybe the wood was outgassing? The wrinkles are on at least 15 different panels/moulding/trim throughout the trailer.

I'll see if I can post a picture tonight.

The issue was wrote up at PDI, but I don't know how they would fix this other than replacing a LOT of Moulding/Trim.


Wondering if anyone else has/had this issue?
Make them replace them, you paid too much to not get it fixed!!! That's what warranty is all about!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #337
Senior Member
 
jevanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Nice, we have a 295!!
hows that coming along?? get everything fixed????
__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #338
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
hows that coming along?? get everything fixed????
All of the repairs are done, but now I have new issues and are planning to get them fixed in Goshen at the rally!! I do not want to use my dealer for anything!!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #339
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Make them replace them, you paid too much to not get it fixed!!! That's what warranty is all about!!
I don't care how they fix it, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or had this issue fixed and what they did to get it fixed. Either way it's gonna get fixed under warranty.

here is a pic of one of the many areas affected.

between the two lift up doors above the TV/ent center:

__________________
2013 Columbus 295RL Fifth Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 Diesel 4x4 CC KR
Tim295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #340
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim295 View Post
I don't care how they fix it, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or had this issue fixed and what they did to get it fixed. Either way it's gonna get fixed under warranty.

here is a pic of one of the many areas affected.

between the two lift up doors above the TV/ent center:

Looks like water damage behind the wood making it do that!!!
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5th wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.