Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
There are 5 main items for getting the water heater to work on electric.
1 = small black switch lower left corner of water heater
2 = thermostat overtemp kickout - push round black buttons in water heater to reset them if they pop.
3 = inline fuse buried on floor behind plumbing access panels in basement/storage
4 = red switch for water heater on electric lights switch panel
5 = circuit breaker for water heater in main breaker panel

ALL of these were good on my rig but still did not work on electric. Propane worked fine however. Problem was two bad crimp connections from factory. One shorted out and one was so loose wire fell out completely. Had to pull water heater to fix them. The wiring was is buried between wall and water heater so the service tech could not get at it from the access panel areas.

Thanks joelek,
I checked all except #3 above. Seems odd to have a fuse behind a panel. I'll leave any wiring issues to the dealer.

My 295RL is the very demo model I looked at the local indoor RV show. Hundreds of people probably walked through it. I know it had power applied and pretty sure none of them had water hookups. I think the heater switch was turned on when there was no water in the tank. It only takes a couple minutes to burn up the element. It happened on my Jayco TT water heater last February. I still had it in bypass mode and my wife turned on the WH electric switch while I was hooking up stuff outside.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #362

On the 2013 Columbus 365RL water hose entry point until it goes into the compartment has a gap that exposes the underfloor area. My question is when you undo the water hose or water from the exterior shower gets into the compartment and drains out of the compartment but does not exit the water hose entry hole, where does the water go? Is there insulation or something else that can get wet from this water that I need to worry about?

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #363

Christopher Columbus, can you answer post #362 please. I'm just wondering where the water goes in the outdoor shower compartment for a hose drip at connection or from shower head in same compartment.

It's All Good!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #364
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

On my Columbus, at the bottom of that compartment there is a big round plug approx 3 inched in diameter that is removable to feed the water hose. Cable TV etc up through so it should drain through there
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #365

Mine is et up the same way. However, the distance from the 3" plug hole to the hole where you enter the water hose is not a solid pipe for the water to drain out like you are suggesting. Some water goes under the floor and between the underbelly. My question is will this hurt anything?

It's All Good!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #366

The drained water does not go into the underbelly, there is an overlap from the outside trim piece which allows any excess water to drip out and not go into the underbelly.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #367

Thanks for the clarifications. However, mine does overlap and some will go into underbelly. I was wondering if there is insulation there or will the water work its way out of the underbelly during transit.

It's All Good!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #368
Trailer Trash

There is fiberglass insulation in the underbelly. If you develop a plumbing leak and the underbelly sags, you need to have it taken apart and the insulation replaced. Mold will develop if you don't. Oh, fix the plumbing leak too!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #369

Thanks, thats what I was wondering. I do not have a plumbing leak. When I disconnect the water hose after a trip, a little water falls in the bottom of the compartment and drips into the uncapped hole. I did not see it come out from the under wrap, so I figured it went into the underbelly. The design should have the compartment hole meet the water hose entrance with a solid piece of pipe to prevent the water from entering the underbelly.

It's All Good!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza42 View Post
Thanks for the clarifications. However, mine does overlap and some will go into underbelly. I was wondering if there is insulation there or will the water work its way out of the underbelly during transit.
Not very good pics, but I think it will help explain things.

The drain does not have a straight passage out of the bottom of the water cabinet. The outer aluminum sheeting that wraps around the bottom portion of the RV has a plastic grommet in the hole. The hole is smaller than the drain and the grommet further inhibits any water from actually draining through. Instead it follows the aluminum until it finds the lowest point where it can exit. On mine it is about 10 inches directly toward the middle right at the frame. I'm pretty sure there is no insulation there.

Tags
5th wheel