Old 06-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #371

Thanks Tim. I will continue to use a towel when disconnecting the water hose to absorb the water that spills at that time just to be on the safe side. This could be a engineering process improvement for future builds to attach a collar to bottom of compartment hole to the grommet hole where you enter water hose, cable wire, etc. to funnel any water to outside of RV.

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist View Post
Columbus 325

We looked at a 325 yesterday. We had previously only seen the 320. We were very impressed. The dealer took a great deal of time with us showing us a lot of particulars. We were suitably impressed. My wife still questions my sanity for wanting to tow a fifth wheel. We have gotten the spec sheet for the 385. We have also gotten prices. Just need to finalize things, sign the papers and write the CHECK Ė Place the order and Wait.
Just wondering why ..you ..WOULD NOT ..want to tow a 5th wheel ??

Old 06-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #373
Trailer Trash

Lots of people don't understand or are intimidated by the king pin 5th wheel plate system. It takes up a huge amount of room in the bed of a pickup. It's also a pain in the butt to have to climb into bed to release latch if you are short. Those people like the travel trailer or goose neck system instead.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #374
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Lots of people don't understand or are intimidated by the king pin 5th wheel plate system. It takes up a huge amount of room in the bed of a pickup. It's also a pain in the butt to have to climb into bed to release latch if you are short. Those people like the travel trailer or goose neck system instead.
I'm one of the vertically challenged and I have no problem unlatching my 5er, just take off the drivers side part of the tonneau cover, unlock the padlock on the hitch and pull the handle, unhook the brake cable, electric cord and pull away. Put the 1/2 of the tonneau cover back on, slide in the center section of the tonneau and go. Start to finish about 5 minutes complete.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #375

I had a travel TT at first...Now on our 2nd 5ver..So much better for me hitching and unhitching ( i am 6 ft tall )...and.. i like the way they tow ..and .. Not as much.. if any.. "wagging the dogs tail "feel.. As far as the room in the bed goes.....Ford now offers a 5th wheel prep pkg ..when equipped with that custom reese hitch ..you can have a flat bed floor..without bedrails in place ..if..needed
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #376

Drain on Water Compartment

On our 320RS it has the same set up with the grommet on the out aluminum trim for the water to exit. What I did was to use silicone sealant to seal around the aluminum and the water compartment. This should keep any water the were to leak to be forced to exit at this point. Hoping that the silicone is flexible enough to allow for any flexing between the two sections. Guess time will tell.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #377

Can anyone share experiences with the highpointe micro/convection in the Columbus 320RS? Our micro works fine but either I'm doing something wrong or the convection part is not working properly. Included manual is not much help. It takes forever to preheat, must take about 25 minutes to reach 425. The food doesn't cook as quickly or as well as I'd hoped. I've tried baking brownies (raw inside) refrigerator biscuits (acceptable) frozen pizza ( crust not crisp, seems underdone) Help! I'd really like to use this oven instead of the propane in stove.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #378
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclantz View Post
Can anyone share experiences with the highpointe micro/convection in the Columbus 320RS? Our micro works fine but either I'm doing something wrong or the convection part is not working properly. Included manual is not much help. It takes forever to preheat, must take about 25 minutes to reach 425. The food doesn't cook as quickly or as well as I'd hoped. I've tried baking brownies (raw inside) refrigerator biscuits (acceptable) frozen pizza ( crust not crisp, seems underdone) Help! I'd really like to use this oven instead of the propane in stove.
It takes getting use too, I really do not care for mine so I cook everything out on the grill
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #379
Commercial Member

Have another question for "Chris Columbus"....

We used our A/C all week last week in the Outer Banks, NC. Worked great, no complaints about keeping things cool.

What I do see though, is an extreme amount of condensation on the OUTSIDE of the rear cap, in 2 spots, like there is no insulation in there to prevent the cold air from getting to the cap.

This was extremely noticeable in the mornings, before the sun came out to dry things up. It was so bad, it was dripping from the overhang above the rear window. I'm sure there are A/C ducts cut into the roof system, but there are no interior vents behind the A/C unit, so why continue the ducts through the entire roof?

Can I block them somehow from the inside? This is a bad design....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim295 View Post
I cringe at the thought of all the separate pieces getting ripped out and replaced by the dealer (not sure if they have the skills or capability) but the alternative is probably more time consuming. The wrinkles can actually be fixed by just pushing it flat with your fingernail. The verneer would have to be punctured (hundreds of times) by a needle to let the air escape. The result would not be 100% cosmetically though.

I guess another fix could be to strip the verneer off in-place and re-apply but that again would be time consuming.

Still no other reports of this type issue?
Fix Updates:

We got a call on from the dealer that the basement radio came in and I needed them to look at the Electric water heater, so we made an appointment for the 24th of July. They called that day and said the dinette table had also arrived. We dropped it off and just picked it up yesterday because we are going out next weekend. It wasn't enough time for them to do all the stuff though, because apparently a whole bunch of wood verneer trim/moulding items were also ordered. They have arrived and are now waiting to be installed. The service guy said a lot of the pieces are individual sections of wood so some cabinet work will have to be done.

They did replaced the ENTIRE medicine cabinet because one section of the verneer was wrinkled.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps60837402.jpg

The Dinette table was replaced (due to a 1/2" gap in the middle where the hinged section meets the fixed section. The new dinette has a different style extension that slides out instead of pivoting up. I like this much better because I was banging my knee when it was hanging in the "stowed" position.

The non-working basement radio was replace with a "Naxa" brand radio with similar features.

I will be bringing it back for them to continue in a couple weeks.

Tags
5th wheel