Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #61

Quote:
...the shower doors are on wrong
Are you sure they're on wrong? Mine have a plastic wiper mounted on the leading edge that keeps water from spraying through. Don't have any problem with leaking around the doors.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #62
Tee

When will more details about the F295RL be comming out?

Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #63
Factory Rep

The new model 295 is being proto typed as I type this. Specs and pics to be posted within a few weeks
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #64
Columbus 302 rs

Anyone know about a double door refrigerator on the Columbus 320RS. One dealer tells us it can't be done and another dealer says no problem.

A newbie and my first post on this forum.

Thanks
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #65

Welcome to the FR forum.
There's not enough room in my 320RS for a full size double door fridge. Maybe Christopher Columbus can chime in with the answer.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #66

We have our Columbus 320RS out for the 2nd time since we picked it up in March. problems we fixed ourselves was the bottom rail for the shower doors was installed backwards allowing excess water to drain out to the floor instead of into the shower and the "power sprayer" for the blackwater tank was incorrectly hooked up -just had to switch the hose connections around. What we HAVE to get serviced is the antenna -bad coax cable per what the warranty person said. we got 2 channels compared to our friends getting like 33 in the same campground. We live in NY, bought the Columbus in Michigan, but are able to have warranty work completed only a few miles from our home....I hope NY gets some dealers to sell this 5th wheel, we love the roomy interior & great outside storage & looks. Our camping group were waiting in line all weekend to tour this rig...all love it & want the grey tile flooring in their homes. Bike rack worked fine for our 2 adult bikes.
Barpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #67

My husband said our doors are wrong also,,,but the bottom rail for the doors to slide in was really wrong...don't need to mop the floor each time we shower
Old 05-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #68

had another great weekend with our 320. But, a new problem showed up and then fixed itself and another problem- the basement radio hasn't been working right, but the central vac wouldn't shut off when done using it, but finally shut done probabaly from the hose disconnected and still running and overheated. Then couldn't get it to turn back on, i checked for voltage and pulled the hose connection out and checked things-still nothing, then put all back together till able to take to service and "walla" the vac started working. I went out and turned on the radio and now it works the way it should- I'm thinking there is a bad wire connection somewhere and putting the vac connection back in moved some wires and made the connection, but still have to check so won't have future problems. Fun with the 320 just keeps better and better-yeeeha.............
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
had another great weekend with our 320. But, a new problem showed up and then fixed itself and another problem- the basement radio hasn't been working right, but the central vac wouldn't shut off when done using it, but finally shut done probabaly from the hose disconnected and still running and overheated. Then couldn't get it to turn back on, i checked for voltage and pulled the hose connection out and checked things-still nothing, then put all back together till able to take to service and "walla" the vac started working. I went out and turned on the radio and now it works the way it should- I'm thinking there is a bad wire connection somewhere and putting the vac connection back in moved some wires and made the connection, but still have to check so won't have future problems. Fun with the 320 just keeps better and better-yeeeha.............
Funny.......... our radio (in the basement) won't turn up or down. Just put it on the short list of things to have looked at. We had a great weekend out in ours. Surround sound is awesome with the television!!! I find myself using the confection oven more than I thought I would. Now to fix our sign so that it will hang nicely. Thinking about going to a car detail place and getting Earth Station (in a font like Columbus) and putting it under the back window.......

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #70

EARTH STATION on the back under the window sounds like a GREAT idea, some people with a computer or even a "CRICKET" ( used in scrapbooking) could probably make that for you. Glad to hear you like the surround sound, i do too especially when the furnace or air conditioning is on. Our basement radio had no volume and the base/treble wouldn't work either, but now it does and i'm not sure what i did to fix it- like i said before- must be a loose wire under the steps behind the radio and vac. I've had the top step off and there is a BUNCH of wires in there- the step comes up hard cause they have it stuck down with double face tape besides the screws. if you have a hard time finding someone to make your EARTH STAION decal, let me know, there is a place about five miles from here that makes graphics for car/trucks/campers.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #71

Boat Hitch for Columbus models?

I have seen it mentioned that some have ordered with a boat hitch. Is a boat hitch an option with the Columbus line? I would love to have one to pull a utility or boat trailer.
rmason8092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #72

Quote:
EARTH STATION on the back under the window sounds like a GREAT idea, some people with a computer or even a "CRICKET" ( used in scrapbooking) could probably make that for you. Glad to hear you like the surround sound, i do too especially when the furnace or air conditioning is on. Our basement radio had no volume and the base/treble wouldn't work either, but now it does and i'm not sure what i did to fix it- like i said before- must be a loose wire under the steps behind the radio and vac. I've had the top step off and there is a BUNCH of wires in there- the step comes up hard cause they have it stuck down with double face tape besides the screws. if you have a hard time finding someone to make your EARTH STAION decal, let me know, there is a place about five miles from here that makes graphics for car/trucks/campers.
Awesome..... thanks!!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmason8092 View Post
I have seen it mentioned that some have ordered with a boat hitch. Is a boat hitch an option with the Columbus line? I would love to have one to pull a utility or boat trailer.
We ordered ours with a hitch............... it has one but no wiring harness.........

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #74

I was told by my dealer that a boat hitch can't be ordered.
rmason8092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #75

we ordered ours in January. We were told then that if we were to put on a hitch after factory that it would void the manufacturer warranty...........

Old 05-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #76

hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
We ordered ours with a hitch............... it has one but no wiring harness.........
DUH?? what good is the hitch without a light plugin? By the way, have you ever pulled yur 320 in the rain? We went thru a monsoon on thursday and when we rolled out the slides, the carpet was a little wet above the tires. I'm gonna modify above the tires with a little more protection.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Old 05-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #77

we haven't hauled through a monsoon.. but it's been out in the driving wind blown rain without a problem. Had a bit of water in the upper cabinets over the couch?????? none since then though.............. how are you going to modify???

felicia

Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #78

Quote:
Huh!!! We was out this weekend with our Columbus and had problems with the TV when you turn lights on too, and we have a crown molding buckling and trim coming loose by the recliner, and the basement radios volume won't go up or down and the bas/treble doesn't work- plus the shower doors are on wrond and waiting for Palomino come come up with a fix for that, but our dealer is working really well with us on the problems..............
Factory sent a Tec from a ForestRiver dealer near our site.He replaced all of the cable ends and i repeat all,fixed electrical problem,neutral and ground wire was reversed on one of the couplers and he allso fixed black waterflush line ,it was reversed at the backflow preventer.All is good but still need the cieling strips fixed though
dunebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 AM   #79

We have a ceiling strip needing fixing too. My husband thought he fixed the black tank flush, but it leaked Monday, so that'll have to be looked at too. We have the same issues as you do.....thanks for your help.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #80
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
Thinking about going to a car detail place and getting Earth Station (in a font like Columbus) and putting it under the back window.......
We've given thought to having lettering done (my nephew does this type of work) that says (first line) ESTHA & ROBERT and on the second line with musical notes "On the road again..." from Willie Nelson or "Head out on the highway, looking for adventure..." from Steppenwolf. We'll probably go with "On the road again..."

My wife has a couple of cargo trailers for her business and he just did one sign for one of the trailers: View Picture Here

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel