Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #381
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

BTW, the NAXA radio is a piece of junk as is the BOYO. Some of these are being replaced with a Sony.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #382

I have a Columbus 320rs and second trip out table slide window was full of water on inside track from a storm that passed through while we were not there. We thought it had come in from blowing wind and dealer sealed top of window. On our next trip out late July we had rain all night just nice gentle rain. Check every wall around for leaking as this was first stretch of bad weather. I found window at table slide again full of water along with a floor that was soaked. We had water coming out of the ceiling dripping to the window water coming out of the middle wall between the ceiling and the window running down the wall along with two spots underneath the window draining to the floor and it was soaked. I called dealer and they set me up with an appointment that is right now two weeks away. My question is how do we know whether not the dealer will fix it properly and what kind of mold issues will we run into it they don't take the walls apart to find out what went wrong. I know if they don't fix it properly will have mold issues and I don't want to run into that what's the best way to make sure we get this done correctly. Thanks for any answers you can give me as far as how to take care of this
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #383

Another Question for Chris Columbus.

How much mold is going to develop inside the walls around this window in Kansas heat after setting 3 weeks???

Attachment 36884

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1809682065.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	36882

Name:	image-236041777.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	36879

Name:	image-406924006.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	36880

Name:	image-580505029.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	36881
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1947651951.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	36883  
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #384
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I just want to say, I have never been treated by anyone like the Columbus factory did on that Friday of the rally. They went and did stuff that was not even on our list. Thank you Cel, Russ, and the rest of your workers, they did an awesome job to the 6 or 7 of us that were there. Great job, We love our Columbus!!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #385

Ok new to this forum and just bought a 2015 Columbus 325RL on Wed 8/12/2015. At dealer walk through we had a few little things that needed addressing but our two big concerns are as follows.
1)Took a shower only to find bottom track was installed backwards so water drained into room not tub. Dealer said they will fix that.
2) AC on walk through was not blowing much air.

With your hand over vent you can barley feel any air coming out of vents. We only have 15K rear air ducted into roof. No bed room AC on this unit when we bought it. There is nothing but duct work no square around bottom of AC unit. They had us come back while they fixed it. They took out bedroon vent and put tin Tape around the whole. Told me it was fixed. We brought it home. Plugged it in yesterday and was a nice 70 degrees this morning. It got to 96 degrees out side an AC is still on from yesterday no one in the camper anf all shades pulled. The inside was 86 degrees. Called back to let them know this was unacceptable and will be bringing back Monday morning. They tell me this meets factory specs and I would need a 2nd unit installed in bedroom if I want it colder. I traded in a 2012 evergreen 32' long and on a day like today they ducted unit would be 65 degrees all day long. Its a demetic AC. You would think after reading this whole post from start to last post that by 2015 I would not be having these issues.

Has anyone had this low air flow problem with ducted AC and if so what was the cure?

Thank you for any Help. Wally
wallyuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #386

Close the main AC vent. This will force all the air into the duct work.
seahawk986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk986 View Post
Close the main AC vent. This will force all the air into the duct work.
I don't have a main AC vent in inside roof. I asked my dealer to insatll one and they did not. They said there was a 1" gap or board missing so Air was going into center section of roof. The air flow is only slightly better now. Its been high 80's-to 90's this last few days. High humidity also. I have had AC on for two days now and it still is only 10 degrees cooler than out side air. This morning the bathroom floor was wet. The vent in bathroom is full of cold water condensation for air ducts. Also opened up front closet and dome light is cold and wet also. So AC ducts are leaking into areas its not sapossed to.

I wanted the room dump installed so I can get the cold air into the main living room then we can use a fan ourselfs to push air to bedroom area as these ducts are the worst.

The dealer fixed the rest of the issues fine and the two missing shades are on order. I have not herd any thing on someone that is sapossed to fix the hole in the shower surround.

We really like this camper so far other than this AC issue. Its our first camping trip this weekend. We leave tomorrow for only a 50mile trip but so looking forward to getting out to camp.

Wally
wallyuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #388

Hi guys

I am new to the group and will try to be fair in my comments. We bought a new 2016 Columbus 320 RS last week. Took it camping and really fell in love on the first 3 days. Then......sensor on the 2nd AC unit went bad. Thinks temp in the bedroom is 32F and will not run compressor to cool the room.

Decided to go home since just 1 AC running is not enough to cool the unit during the day. Then second issue came up. Driver side slideout in livingroom would not retract. Tried manually and found connecting wand where manual crank goes was not connected to the unit and thus useless. Had to have road service come out to get room back in. This poor chap had to drive over 1 hr to get us the help we needed.

The big plus here is how everyone at Forest River & Coach.Net provided assistance and technical help during this painful process. We are now home and waiting until Sept 10th to bring unit for service. This was the earliest I could get service in my area in central MO.

These headaches aside, we love the unit and hope no other major issues arise. We just retired and are looking forward to RVng lots in our new unit.

Robert
Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #389
Are we there yet.......

When I removed the vent to do the a/c install I had to remove the ducted tape that they put there to keep the air from going into the roof area. Chances are the tech that installed your air was not aware of this and just put the air in. Also they make a ducted air and a no-ducted one. They could of installed the latter one thus causing your issues.

Any camping will do. :-)
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #390
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
When I removed the vent to do the a/c install I had to remove the ducted tape that they put there to keep the air from going into the roof area. Chances are the tech that installed your air was not aware of this and just put the air in. Also they make a ducted air and a no-ducted one. They could of installed the latter one thus causing your issues.

Any camping will do. :-)
Only difference from a ducted and non ducted a/c is 1) the ceiling grill and 2) a circuit board control unit.

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #391

Winterization

I have a 2013 Columbus 320rs. This summer I had to replace the check valve on the hot water outlet line as I was getting no hot water. This fall I tried to winterize and I can't get the pump to take any antifreeze. The pump runs but nothing happens. I did everything the same as the last two years when everything worked fine. I have two valves. One to bypass the hot water tank and one to winterize. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Jim Wright
White Lake, Michigan.

Jim & Tammy Wright
2013 Columbus 320rs
Delivered to site
radarmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #392
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Antifreeze hose sucking air where it hooks to the antifreeze inlet?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Antifreeze hose sucking air where it hooks to the antifreeze inlet?
I went back to the rig and connected a hose directly to the input of the pump. The motor runs but no suction. I ordered a new pump and installed it yesterday. Everything is working fine. Finally I could winterize my unit.

Jim & Tammy Wright
2013 Columbus 320rs
Delivered to site
radarmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel