Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #21

Columbus 325

We looked at a 325 yesterday. We had previously only seen the 320. We were very impressed. The dealer took a great deal of time with us showing us a lot of particulars. We were suitably impressed. My wife still questions my sanity for wanting to tow a fifth wheel. We have gotten the spec sheet for the 385. We have also gotten prices. Just need to finalize things, sign the papers and write the CHECK – Place the order and Wait.
plein air artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #22

I posted the problems my friend had under this web site as Columbus problems. Take a look at my comments. I am waiting on the rep that has posted on this form to response to me and I will fill him in.
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #23

Chris Columbus or anyone who has seen the 385BH prototype

What is the sleeping capacity (beds/sofa beds) for the 385?
Is it 4 in the bunks + fold out sofa bed + master suite?
Is the sofa a sleeper?
If you have the booth dinette, does the table drop down to become a bed?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist View Post
Chris Columbus or anyone who has seen the 385BH prototype

What is the sleeping capacity (beds/sofa beds) for the 385?
Is it 4 in the bunks + fold out sofa bed + master suite?
Is the sofa a sleeper?
If you have the booth dinette, does the table drop down to become a bed?
There is a queen (with a king option) in the master. The bunk roomshaw 4 beds. One of those is a "jack-knife" type sofa, could potentially sleep 2 (easily 2 children).

There is not a sleeper sofa, rather a 2 recliner/ theater type seating unit and a small built in storage seat (could seat 2) in living area. You may be able to opt in a sofa inplace of these recliners. But I bet those recliners would be pretty comfortable to sleep in as well.

We are getting the table/chairs and that is what was in the prototype we saw. I am sure there is the booth option and they usually can be converted to a bed.
Jo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #25

Columbus 385BH Sleeping Space

We found out today that what we thought was a sleeper sofa in the main area is a bench. What is the size of the Sleeper Sofa in the bunkhouse. Is it a standard "Full Bed" or smaller. Does anybody have any information. My wife is really disappointed now that we are looking at less sleeping space (number of people.)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #26

With the island, there is just not the floor space for a pull out sofa in the living room area.
I don't know the width of the jack knife sofa in the bunk room, but I have slept on a similar sofa with my 8 year old granddaughter. I wouldn't think it would be very comfortable with 2 adults though. It was fine for the two 8 year olds.
How many folks are you trying to sleep?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #27

Ideally, 4 children and 6 adults. (Occasionally)

Most likely 3 children ( 6-10) and 4 adults (2 old grandparents).

After posting during the 1st half, we have accepted that the best we can hope for is one family (3 kids + parents and us - gps). My wife seems happier now. She went to be and left me to watch the 2nd half.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #28

You always could set up a tent outside for the kiddoes. Then flip a coin-the losing adult has to bunk outside and supervise! (Grandparents excluded of course!)
One rule we have - no one sleeps in our bed! We have earned our "spot"! We do however "share" occasionally with a certain little girl who still likes to "snuggle" with her Grandma and Poppa! Life is good!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #29

We pulled the trigger and ordered the 385BH. Now we wait. We figure with transport from the factory about 9 weeks (could be earlier). I guess we'll take the maiden voyage in late June.

Who knows, maybe we'll drive to Indiana and check it out while it is being built. Doubt it. Long drive.

Happy Easter To All.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #30

Does the Columbus come with an HD TV? The 385 I'm buying has a total of 3. Are all 3 HD, SD or a combination?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #31

All the televisions ar HD and digital. The primary one is LED. Mine both are Toshiba in my 320RS. Watched a DVD last trip. Between the picture quality and the Panasonic surround sound, it was AWESOME to say the least.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #32

Our 320RS has 2 HD Tv, but can't quite figure out why FR didn't hookup thesurround sound in the living room one and our dealer doesn't want to do it either, so i found a audio fiber optic cable on ebay that is suppose to do the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist View Post
Does the Columbus come with an HD TV? The 385 I'm buying has a total of 3. Are all 3 HD, SD or a combination?
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #33

Did your 320RS come with the surround sound hooked up to your TV? Or does it only work when you play a CD or the radio? It should work with the TV only also,but mine doesn't, have fiber optic cable coming that is suppose to do the trick,
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
Did your 320RS come with the surround sound hooked up to your TV? Or does it only work when you play a CD or the radio? It should work with the TV only also,but mine doesn't, have fiber optic cable coming that is suppose to do the trick,
Our surround sound in the 320RS only works with the radio/IPOD or DVD player. I messed with it a bit to attempt to get TV to surround sound but ........wasn't able to do that nor am I able to get satellite signal on bedroom receiver. It works fine if I bring the cable in the window. I want this to work. I think it may have to go in for service on that and the front door seems to have to be shut hard. Anyone else seeing that????

Other than those two things......... We camped at a campground all alone this weekend and enjoyed the quiet time to be able to move things about... re organize the basement..........

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #35

Regarding satellite reception on multiple TVs. According to what I have read, you need multiple receivers (from Dish). However, at my home I am able to do it. My receiver has a Mode 1 & 2. I have multiple tuners which enables us to watch 2 different channels simultaneously. I have also hooked multiple TVs with the use of a splitter to split the signal. Only one receiver and one tuner. You must then watch the same program on both TVs. Not having my unit yet, I cannot speak to how this works on an RV. The key is that the signal must be split after the receiver unless you have more than one receiver or the Modes 1 & 2.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #36

Regarding satellite reception on multiple TVs. According to what I have read, you need multiple receivers (from Dish). However, at my home I am able to do it. My receiver has a Mode 1 & 2. I have multiple tuners which enables us to watch 2 different channels simultaneously. I have also hooked multiple TVs with the use of a splitter to split the signal. Only one receiver and one tuner. You must then watch the same program on both TVs. Not having my unit yet, I cannot speak to how this works on an RV. The key is that the signal must be split after the receiver unless you have more than one receiver or the Modes 1 & 2.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, did't hit the correct reply button.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #37

I have two receivers ................... I can watch two channels when bringing the cable in through the window. I cannot watch it on bedroom tv at all. Also have an outlet in the basement for satellite...... that will be on next weeks....... let's see about this. I have a friend who has a Heartland Big Country and they had to bring theirs in for the splitter to be adjusted. IF ours has to go in .. then I am going to have everything done at one time.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #38

Batteries (2) versus 1

I think that the 385 comes with only 1 battery. I know that some units utilize 2.

Does anyone know of any advantages to trying to add a second battery?

Does anyone have any experience with using solar to maintain the battery when the unit is parked? Advantages/disadvantages?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
Our surround sound in the 320RS only works with the radio/IPOD or DVD player. I messed with it a bit to attempt to get TV to surround sound but ........wasn't able to do that nor am I able to get satellite signal on bedroom receiver. It works fine if I bring the cable in the window. I want this to work. I think it may have to go in for service on that and the front door seems to have to be shut hard. Anyone else seeing that????

Other than those two things......... We camped at a campground all alone this weekend and enjoyed the quiet time to be able to move things about... re organize the basement..........
I haven't hooked up to the Satelite yet, but for the TV to work on the surround sound, I took the books to Best Buy and a Geek Squad guy told me I needed a Audio Fiber optic cable to to from TV to surround sound player (home entertainment player).. Let me know what you find out on the bed tv w/sat hookup...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #40

I will let you know about the satellite and you let me know the type (name brand type) of cable and where exactly it goes from and to!

Tags
5th wheel