Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

Columbus Awning Color Scheme

Our new Columbus 320RS has a black/gray/white Dometic 9100 awning. The RV color is cream and brown. I have seen pictures of the cream/brown Columbus with a brown/tan/ and white awning. Several other owners with our color also seem to have the gray and white awning.

It would seen logical that the gray/black awning would be used with the silver and black Columbus and the brown and white with the cream and brown color option.

It is possible that we got the wrong color awning? Maybe due to a shortage because of the Dometic awning recall?

Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #2

My awning on my 320 is the brown/tan one. I haven't seen a gray one yet.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #3

On my 2013 325rl mine is black and gray and the body color is cream
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #4

It seems that some owners received the correct colored awning with their RV's while several got the gray/white/black with the brown/cream exterior. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but it sure seems odd that the awning color doesn't match the exterior color scheme when the correct colors are available.
I'm not sure I would want them to mess with it at this point since it is functional, but the DW noticed right off that the awning color didn't match.

Would like to know from Chris Columbus if there was an intent at some point to match the awning color and why the protocol was changed to 'luck of the draw'.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #5

Just picked up our new 2014 320rs from the dealer on Friday and sure enough we have the mismatched black/gray awning on our cream colored Columbus.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #6

Let me know what happens I you ask them to switch it out. I'm not sure if this would be a warranty issue since the awing is functional. I'm sure you'll have more leverage before you buy.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

I have a 2013 320rs, cream and brown in color. I also have the black,grey and white awning. That color is called granite and it is what I had to order for my new window awnings. I wish you luck in your quest to get it changed because of color. By the way, someone mentioned a dometic awning recall. Details???
Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

This is a link to an article about the Dometic power awning recall: Dometic USA Announces Product Recall and Replacement of RV Power Awning Kits - Yahoo! Finance.

I suppose awning color is a minor issue when compared to them unfurling while in flight, so to speak.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #9

Sabre Awning

Does anyone know if the Sabre 5r line uses this Dometic awning or if the recall effected any Sabre 5'rs? I got one close to shipping in the new Platinum Edition color.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #10

We picked our 320RS up in January. If we had known that the awning was the Black and gray (camper is cream and brown) . We wouldn't have accepted delivery. We hate it that much. Sure would like to hear from Christopher Columbus on this.