Old 07-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station

The magic mesh didn't work for me!!! You might like it but ... It concealed the entire door and handle.... I didnt see a way of tying it back when not needed. Nope ..... Not a mod for the Earth Station! So currently, I have for sale..... One very very slightly used.... 1 magic mesh door!!
Darn I was really hoping it would work! Did it cover the whole door well? I was thinking maybe I would take it up and down when needed. I am not going to change out the whole door so I can get a screen door so I guess I will figure something else.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #12

Yep covered it completely!!! Couldn't see the curtain or anything!!! Honestly, it made it ugly!!! It is on with sticky Velcro. You must be taunt to work. The bottom stair was almost in the way! I didn't even take a picture of it. It was completely up for a grand total of maybe one minute!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #13

THANKS Earth Station, now i know not to get "magicmesh door". Was out this past weekend and would have been nice to have screen door a few times, but guess we will just have to get use to what we have- just love our 320RS tho.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Couple View Post
Every time we stopped for gas we had people looking at it saying how nice it looks. Then when we pulled up in our campsite we had people coming out of their campers before we could even unhitch. They were asking all about the fifth wheel and about the self leveling system. Nothing like being watched as you set up your fifth wheel. They sure do get attention when you pull up.
On our last trip I was talking to the folks that parked next to us and after a little while they said "Let me guess, I bet you were in Fredericksburg, TX two weeks ago, right?" I confirmed it and asked how they knew - and they just pointed to our Columbus and smiled.

They told us they had admired it all week, then were surprised to park next to it only two weeks later.

Later in the week another camper stopped by and was talking to me and I asked where he was located, and he grinned and said "well, I hate to even show you after seeing your rig." That was a bit embarrassing, but still made me feel good for our choice.

We are blessed...and continue to be thankful every day for the beautiful Columbus 320RS we have.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

On our last trip I was talking to the folks that parked next to us and after a little while they said "Let me guess, I bet you were in Fredericksburg, TX two weeks ago, right?" I confirmed it and asked how they knew - and they just pointed to our Columbus and smiled.

They told us they had admired it all week, then were surprised to park next to it only two weeks later.

Later in the week another camper stopped by and was talking to me and I asked where he was located, and he grinned and said "well, I hate to even show you after seeing your rig." That was a bit embarrassing, but still made me feel good for our choice.

We are blessed...and continue to be thankful every day for the beautiful Columbus 320RS we have.
Just parked our Columbus at home to figure out all the little things. We are planning on taking her out in about two weeks. We also have the six point leveling system. We are experiencing movement in the living area of the camper. Did y'all have any kind of movement once the system had done the leveling? Two sets of the legs are near the wheels while the other is near the bedroom section of the camper. Any input would help us tremendously.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #16

We only have the 4 way level. We have movement also in the back. We use 2 slide stabilizers on the back. Going to loon into the JT strong arm thing next spring.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #17

We have the 6 way leveling system. There is a very small amount of movement.There is always less movement than our previous camper. We usually pull in level the camper then put slide outs outs then re level. Usually works great. After we have been set up for a day or we notice that it is moving a little more than normal my husband goes out and hits auto level. It always re-levels us ocassionally it will say already level. We do that everyday or so. After you move around a bit back and forth they all get out of level. That usually always does the trick
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
Factory Rep

Columbus now offers the strong arm stab as an option. It really is reasonable in price and people say it works really well
Chris
Old 08-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus
Columbus now offers the strong arm stab as an option. It really is reasonable in price and people say it works really well
Chris
Chris,

Can you elaborate on the strong arm stab?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
Factory Rep

The JT Strongarm system can be added by a dealer. We now offer it on new orders.
The dealer can contact His sakes rep. at Columbus and the rep will put him in contact with proper aftermarket
Chris