Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #1

Columbus camping 320 rs

We are on our way home from camping for the last 10 days in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We had such a great time camping in it. This is our 23 day in our Columbus since June. What a great experience. Every time we stopped for gas we had people looking at it saying how nice it looks. Then when we pulled up in our campsite we had people coming out of their campers before we could even unhitch. They were asking all about the fifth wheel and about the self leveling system. Nothing like being watched as you set up your fifth wheel. They sure do get attention when you pull up.
Sadly tomorrow we have to get it back to the dealer to get the parts that they ordered put on. I hope they don't have to keep it very long! The one thing we really missed was the screen door. We are going to see if we can get one ordered to put on.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Couple View Post
We are on our way home from camping for the last 10 days in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We had such a great time camping in it. This is our 23 day in our Columbus since June. What a great experience. Every time we stopped for gas we had people looking at it saying how nice it looks. Then when we pulled up in our campsite we had people coming out of their campers before we could even unhitch. They were asking all about the fifth wheel and about the self leveling system. Nothing like being watched as you set up your fifth wheel. They sure do get attention when you pull up.
Sadly tomorrow we have to get it back to the dealer to get the parts that they ordered put on. I hope they don't have to keep it very long! The one thing we really missed was the screen door. We are going to see if we can get one ordered to put on.
I am missing the screen door as well... didn't think I would. I bought a magic mesh but haven't put it on yet!........ Our Columbus is in the shop!!! (stomping my foot--- wish they would hurry)

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #3

Is there suppose to be a screen door?
Can there be a screen door?
Would be nice.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Factory Rep

The screen door is attached to the door w/ a crank to open the large door window .
Old 07-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #5

no screen door................ sometimes I just want to leave the door open while bringing things into and/or out of the ES!!! May or may not like that magic mesh thing......... will keep you posted!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

I do know the door crank is suppose to be the screen door. That is a nice feature. I just love leaving then the screen door open in the early am or late evening. Some times it is a hassle to keep opening and closing door if you have to go in and out. I do also find myself leaving the door open and bugs getting in.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #7

I have been studying and researching the Columbus and the only thing I'm not liking is no screen door. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a fix for this? I too was thinking of a magic mesh, I'll be anxious to hear how it works.
This crank you are referring to.... it looks like the window just tilts open to let some air it. Does it do more than that? I'm thinking I would REALLY miss the screen door.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #8

We just picked up our Columbus 365RL today and also bought the magic mesh. Hopefully we will try it out this weekend and if it works it will be a cheap fix to the no screen door dilemma on the Columbus 5th wheel
Old 07-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #9

We talked to our dealer about the screen door. He said the door would have to be replaced with a standard camper door. He showed us the door. I do not want THAT!!! So I am on the hunt for the magic screen! Please let me know how it works for you. I am hoping that works! As for our issues that we took it in for they have fixed everything but the flooring. That will have to wait till after camping season cause they will have to replace the whole thing. The antenna was not connected to the bedroom or the basement T.V. The have gotten it fixed and going to pick it up tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Couple
We talked to our dealer about the screen door. He said the door would have to be replaced with a standard camper door. He showed us the door. I do not want THAT!!! So I am on the hunt for the magic screen! Please let me know how it works for you. I am hoping that works! As for our issues that we took it in for they have fixed everything but the flooring. That will have to wait till after camping season cause they will have to replace the whole thing. The antenna was not connected to the bedroom or the basement T.V. The have gotten it fixed and going to pick it up tomorrow.
The magic mesh didn't work for me!!! You might like it but ... It concealed the entire door and handle.... I didnt see a way of tying it back when not needed. Nope ..... Not a mod for the Earth Station! So currently, I have for sale..... One very very slightly used.... 1 magic mesh door!!