Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Originally Posted by astro56 View Post
Miboje, We have bought 2 new RV's over the years at RV recreational shows and saved almost 30% each time. They will also fiance them for 15 yrs with a good credit report. Good luck!
Thanks, astro56. I've always heard that it's actually harder to get good deals at the RV shows. Not sure why. I'm still trying to find the secrets to getting the best possible deals.

The fact that the worst of the depreciation happens in the first three years is a bit of a deterrent (for me) to buying new, but then there's usually no warranty left at that point - and the limited warranties so prevalent in the RV industry are already a pet peeve of mine. If I were to spend $40,000 on a new car, I could expect a bumper to bumper warranty for at least five years and a 10-year drive-train warranty. I'm getting off track, but this is the type of stuff that flies around in my head when I'm considering getting myself into a hefty monthly payment, especially considering I live in PA where camping time is shortened by cold weather. Ugh! Sometimes the whole idea of buying a nice, quality camper gives me cold feet!

miboje is offline   Reply With Quote