Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1

Columbus Factory Help

Has anyone seen or heard from Chris Columbus. Maybe he got tired of dealing with special request from folks on the forum. I sent him a PM but have not heard anything. Trying to get the extra year warranty on my 340 RK that I just found out about. Also emailed the factory rep but have not heard from him yet either. Kind of disappointing

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Most of them are tied up at the FROG Rally.....

(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #3

I would like to talk to a factory rep also I've got a slide that is leaking and I'm concerned with mold.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
Most of them are tied up at the FROG Rally.....
I could understand that if it had been only this past week but I PM him several weeks ago. I understand he is under no obligation to monitor the forum, but he decided to no longer participate it would be nice to know. I'll keep trying to deal with the factory guys. Still waiting for them to respond as well. Oh well........

"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Well, factory guys and Chris Columbus is/are one and the same people....

There is a sticky on here somewhere with the form to submit with payment for the second year warranty.

Also have several of the factory people on the Columbus Facebook page.....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I know the person who posted as Christopher Columbus left the company for other opportunities. They had someone fill in his role for a bit, but I'm not sure who/what is going on there.

However, there is a link to a list of all of the warranty contacts floating around here somewhere. I think it had email and phone information for everyone.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #7

I did hear from Chris Columbus !! He must still be around. https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf

This list is great but somewhat outdated. Jack Landers for the Columbus line has moved on and Celistino Lopez has taken his place. The other rep Dawn Ramos is still there as well. I spoke to both and they seem like they want to help and were friendly enough. So maybe with them and " Chris" I may be able to obtain the second year warranty. Keeping my fingers crossed ......

"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Trailer Trash

Christopher Columbus was an account created to monitor threads regarding Columbus model line of RVs. Jack Landers would log in from time to time and comment here and there. Jack's family situation changed at home so he moved on. New guy contact info is...............

FR (Columbus) Warranty Contact
Celestino 'Cel' Lopez
Office: 574-821-1487
Email: CLopez@forestriverinc.com

You will be taken care of but it often times takes weeks or even months to get resolved. Lots of major go back to factory repairs happen during off season/winter so many have suggested enjoy your summer and do repairs later.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Christopher Columbus was an account created to monitor threads regarding Columbus model line of RVs. Jack Landers would log in from time to time and comment here and there. Jack's family situation changed at home so he moved on. New guy contact info is...............

FR (Columbus) Warranty Contact
Celestino 'Cel' Lopez
Office: 574-821-1487
Email: CLopez@forestriverinc.com

You will be taken care of but it often times takes weeks or even months to get resolved. Lots of major go back to factory repairs happen during off season/winter so many have suggested enjoy your summer and do repairs later.
joelek, That's exactly what I plan on doing. The one major problem I have only occurs when the unit is stationary so there are no travel issues. I plan on taking it back to selling dealer @ end of season and let them have it for as long as they need it. As I stated I did get a hold of both factory reps. now waiting for response. Keep tuned for updates.......
Paul

"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #10

Good news today. Forrest River cashed my check for the extended warranty. It appears someone is listening and I am thankful. I was asked several times if my dealer mentioned the extended warranty and my response was no BUT did get me to buy a third party warr.

"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK

Tags
columbus, factory