Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

Columbus factory service

A couple months shy of the expiration of our 2 yr warranty, I noticed the floor of our Columbus was getting softer. I contacted the factory, sent pictures to verify the problem to acquire approval, & scheduled the repair. I was told this repair would take 3-4 days. I chose to drop it off & pick it up myself since it is only a 6 hr drive from our home. I dropped it off this past Monday & was informed it would be completed the following day. Wayne & Shawn; as well as Shawn's crew were great. They made the soft floor repair, sealed the wheel wells against water intrusion, cleaned the interior & exterior, checked all electrical outlets & replaced the microwave. We had never had an issue with the microwave, but they showed a possible elec short & installed a new one. They did as promised when promised, & much more. No one wants a problem with their RV but these things take a beating going down the roads. These people did everything possible to ensure we were satisfied. Yes our Columbus had a problem, but this level of service reassured that we chose the right brand for our purchase. Many thanks to Wayne, Shawn, & the Columbus factory staff.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
Always Learning

Good stuff. It's nice to hear good in the midst of much bad.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #3

Good to hear. Yes all can have issues and it is not fun when it is you but great service goes a long way to keeping customers.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #4

Same experience on the floor with mine- the factory was great to work with!

Hats off to them!!!
Rmk2001800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 PM   #5

I have a Columbus on order. This is sweet music to my ears!
Tri5ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri5ss View Post
I have a Columbus on order. This is sweet music to my ears!
Congrats. What did you order and when? Have you heard a build date yet? We ordered our Jan 29th and it came off the line March 16th. Couple of issues with shades so we were delayed picking it up until mid April. So far love it. Pulled it close to 700 miles already and have a 5000 mile trip coming up next month.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:24 PM   #7

We ordered a 320RS. Off the line on 5-16-16. Won't be picking it up until Oct 1st. They are holding it till we return to FL. Hope it checks out ok then. Will be sure to check out some of these issues posted. Thanks.
Tri5ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 PM   #8

I would go CRAZY waiting that long. Our issues were the MaxxAir fan didn't work and one of the day/night shades was not working. The fan was an easy quick fix for them. Waiting for the replacement shade is what took a couple weeks.

Oh and ours is the 320RS in gray with a lot of the options. So far everything else has worked perfectly (knock, knock, knock on wood).
Old 06-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #9
CWG

Ours came off the line on March 8 th and we took delivery on April 7 th. Have towed from Florida to Nevada and then back to New Hampshire where we are now. Have been on the road since we picked it up and I am very impressed how it tows. We have the 340RKC.
CWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWG View Post
Ours came off the line on March 8 th and we took delivery on April 7 th. Have towed from Florida to Nevada and then back to New Hampshire where we are now. Have been on the road since we picked it up and I am very impressed how it tows. We have the 340RKC.
That is great to hear. We leave tomorrow going from WI to San Diego and then back thru Denver (5000 miles total). Visiting a couple of the kids that moved a LONG way from home. Got a granddaughter in San Diego who is only a year and a half old that we get to babysit for a night. It will be her first ever camping trip.

Did you have any issues along the way with the trailer?
Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #11
CWG

Elkhounds, the only issue I have had is that the two batteries will not last the full night to run the residential refrigator. Other than that it has been a great 3 months touring your beautiful country.
CWG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus, factory, service