Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #41

Mine arrived last week. The quality is good and I did not find too many things that were issues. It had not been dealer prepped yet so that would have taken care of most of what I found.
I did have them move the jack knife sofe back 2-3 inches in the bunk area as it rubs on the bifold door when it is in the down position and the door will quickly tear a hole in the corner of the sofa. There is a fill in cushion that will not fit now so I will have to get one made now to fit from the Columbus supplier. In my opinion, That could have been seen as an issue at the factory and changed and needs to be as it will less expensive than warrenty issues with the sofa corner tearing due to a design issue.

The 2nd thing is I do not want the mattress pad in the bunk area to rest directly on the floor. They ordered parts from Columbus to build up the bed 12" off the floor hinged to the inside wall of the outside kitchen. It will have fold out legs to support the other side. That will look like it was built that way and not look like it was an after thought. There will be an adult sleeping on this so it will need to be built with quality and care.

Other than that, most all looks good and I will pick up at the end of this week and start living in it 3-4 nights a week.

Good luck to all.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #42

Are they doing all these repairs for free. Or is there a charge to you to fix it. Mine should be in next week and want to know so I have some ammunition when I pick it up.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #43

What is covered and not covered by the Forest River Warrantee as well as the Extended Warrantees. With all of the talk on this blog about problems with the 320s, I am wondering. We have a unit on order.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #44

Quote:
With all of the talk on this blog about problems with the 320s, I am wondering.
The problems mentioned are minor and can be experienced by any RV manufacturer.
I bought a Jayco TT years ago and had a list of problems the dealer had to correct.
Columbus is a new line, but have responded to the concerns I have seen on the Forum.
Any TT or fiver you buy will likely have items that must be taken care of by the dealer, though most of them will be minor.
What you also have to remember is all the GOOD stuff said about the Columbus. We love ours.
You'll love your new Columbus, really.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #45

anxpress

We are eagerly looking forward to getting ours.

Can anyone yield any insight into what is covered by the Extended Warrantee?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #46

Surge Protection for Columbus fifth wheel

What level of surge protection is recommended and used by members of this forum for a Columbus 5th wheel.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #47

My vote is for Sure Gaurd 50amp. It has allready saved my bacon once.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #48

I have my 385. Love it. However, I would like to replace the hitch pins on the bike rack with lockable ones. Over the years I have had problems with the clips coming out and allowing the hitch pins to come out. The best solution I have found is a hitch pin with a lock. However, the hitch pins on the bike rack are 3/4" diameter. I have so far had no luck finding lockable 3/4" diameter hitch pins.

Does anyone know of a resource?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
Wish I was camping

Very first time Rver's and our very first trailer is the Columbus 385. Question about A/C's. We have had our BH385 for about a week. We are in Oklahoma and temps are running about 100-103 in the afternoons. Both A/C's on with fans running on high and the temp in our trailer is running between 85-90 until after the sun goes down and then it will cool down in the trailer at night. It appears to me the A/C's cannot keep up with 100 degree temperature's. Is anyone else having similar problems? Wondering if my units are working correctly. Both units are also very loud and vibrating the whole trailer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #50

We have used our camper's AC in temperatures similar to what you are facing. Cooling has not been a problem. The only issue that we have had is that when the AC is running it is very load. Load enough to inhibit a conversation in the family area. I don't know if this is normal or not.

We have not experience the vibration issue. I would suggest discussing these issues with your dealer.

Heading out next week for a week in SW GA. Average temps in the high 90's to low 100's with high humidity. Summer in the south.