Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist
Regarding the coffee maker. My wife put ours on the dining table. I will be making a custom drop down shelf between the counter and the tv in September..
I would love to see pictures when you get that done!
Cflmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by plein air artist
RV Dawg

We have been advised by a dealer that the 385 is 41' long.
Does this measurement include the hitch?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #63

I have measured the body of my unit and found it to be approximately 39'6" not including the bumper or the bike rack. I think that I included the King Pin. Mine has an Aire Glide which I think extends it a bit.

With the bike rack extended, it is longer

Hope that helps.
BT Ramblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflmom View Post
I would love to see pictures when you get that done!
My wife has changed her mind. We have some wood cherry TV tables. We are going to use one in the space to the left of the door to the bunkhouse for the coffee maker. When the grandkids are with us, we will probably have to put it in a different spot. (They are 5, 6, 7, & 10.)

We have decided that the space between the sink and the TV is too small to add the table as she originally wanted. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6'.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Ramblers

My wife has changed her mind. We have some wood cherry TV tables. We are going to use one in the space to the left of the door to the bunkhouse for the coffee maker. When the grandkids are with us, we will probably have to put it in a different spot. (They are 5, 6, 7, & 10.)

We have decided that the space between the sink and the TV is too small to add the table as she originally wanted. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6'.

I had thought of doing that as well. There is a plug on that wall by the bunkhouse, correct?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Ramblers
I have measured the body of my unit and found it to be approximately 39'6" not including the bumper or the bike rack. I think that I included the King Pin. Mine has an Aire Glide which I think extends it a bit.

With the bike rack extended, it is longer

Hope that helps.
Thanks! My insurance company was asking and since we don't get ours until Sept 8th, I didn't know!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflmom View Post
I had thought of doing that as well. There is a plug on that wall by the bunkhouse, correct?
Yes. There are also plugs on either end of the center island. The bunkhouse has a number of outlets as well.

We are also using the space above the kitchen slide for storage (chips, cereal boxes) as well as the space above the cabinets over the sofa in the living area. Again, light things. My wife needs a step stool to reach these things but I don't.

The only problem with the chairs is that the golden dogter and the jack russell dogson have claimed them. We finally gave up and put doggie blanket over them. The do rule the house and rv.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #68

Just picked our 385bh up from the Couts-Seeetgrass border crossing yesterday. Loooovvvve it! Pictures just don't do it justice!
Can't wait til we get to use it!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #69

Congratulations! They really are impressive aren't they? Enjoy! Happy camping!
Camping Days so far in 2013=19
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #70
Trailer Trash

Be careful the 1st time you plug something into a 120VAC outlet. On my Columbus the new outlets are very tight (as new ones always are). However, the interior walls are thin so the outlet housing flexes.

You know how it is when your rig is new. Baby it too much I suppose. Better to be on the safe side, especially when you are far away from home/dealer.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #71

Happy camping. Enjoy your 385. Ours arrived in May and we love it. My wife still works so our trips are long weekends or a week. We look forward to month + trips in a couple of years.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #72

Unhappy Schwinntek slides controller location???

Does any one know where the schwinntek slides control boxes are? We have a 385BH. We are camping and can not get driver side bunkhouse slide out. One side moves but the other does not, so it binds and hangs up. We tried pushing by hand but I can not move it. Any suggestions?
jlosurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #73

Just got your message.

At the top of the stairs on the left at the edge of the bedroom you will find the light switch for the bedroom the HVAC and the button to run the slide in and out. It is clearly labeled. Its a toggle switch. Press out.

In the case of an emergency, the manual crank point should be on the front door side.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #74

Sorry, my bad. The bunkhouse slide controls are on the left side of the door going into the bunkhouse. They are toggle. In and Out. One is for the left and the other for the right. I am at home so I am doing this from memory. The top one is the left slide and the bottom one the right. Ensure that the door to the bunkhouse is closed or the right slide can hang up against the folding door. Note: I am referring to the drivers side as right and the passenger side as left.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #75

Schwinntek BH slide motor sync computer location?

Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually looking for the location of the computer board that controls the two motors synchronization. If they get out of sync it can cause the issue I am having. To reset it you push the mode button 7 times holding it for 5 seconds on the last try.

Any help finding that circuitry is appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!
jlosurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #76

Sorry. Can't help. Better check with tech support.