Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #21

Why woud we be emphasizing WhiteBB's freind with "Freind", seeming alleged??

I am brand new here, because I am looking for good info, if someone wants to provide negative feedback, I personaly am going to appreciate that!
Palomino Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #22

Update, The rig I was telling you about still has most of the problems as stated before. But They took a long vacation out west and the wife was driving and she found on a narrow road large rock and ripped a hole all along the side whole side. Any way the will be back home soon and trailer will be in shop different than the dealer to be repaired. Then back to the dealer to repair I hope all of their problems. I guse duck tape is holding things together. Bad luck from the start. I think the dealer just falsified the reports , just my 2 cents worth.
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
Factory Rep

Once again ----Who are You. Your 2 cents are not worth 2cents. Do u work for a competitor ????
Not once has Your Friend contacted us.
How dare you make accusations on a rig you don't even own.
We at Columbus have asked several times for this so called friend to contact us.
Ok , got that off my chest.
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher columbus View Post
once again ----who are you. Your 2 cents are not worth 2cents. Do u work for a competitor ????
Not once has your friend contacted us.
We at columbus have asked several times for this so called friend to contact us.
very well said!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Once again ----Who are You. Your 2 cents are not worth 2cents. Do u work for a competitor ????
Not once has Your Friend contacted us.
We at Columbus have asked several times for this so called friend to contact us.
And you just tell them!!!!!! Mine is in the shop because of something WE did!!! Yes I have a few things that I would like looked at but no show stoppers!!!!! And if camping world doesn't get our part I may just go to Indiana and get it myself soon!!! I have reservations at the end of the month. Going to make an appt for warranty work in Sept when I know work will keep me from Camping!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
Factory Rep

Earth Station , if you are in Indiana at anytime , feel free to take time for a plant visit. If possible we can work out any kinks you may have.
Our goal at Columbus is to provide a fine fifth wheel with full factory support of product.
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Earth Station , if you are in Indiana at anytime , feel free to take time for a plant visit. If possible we can work out any kinks you may have.
Our goal at Columbus is to provide a fine fifth wheel with full factory support of product.
Thank you for the invite. I called the plant yesterday and receiveda call back withing an hour. Then called your vendor and had an answer to that in an hour (trying to figure out the font on the Columbus) Now to get something made for the back of the Earth Station!!!! Just hope that the right trim gets sent this time!!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus
I am sorry whitebb but I must have missed the email request from you as I am traveling the east coast. Please send me a private email and I will give you my cell number we can discuss any issues YOU or your friend have. Best regards.
Hey a question on hooking the Tv up to the surround sound stereo? Got the optical plug and hooked it up to the tv and tuner but can't figure out how to set the Tv up to acknowledge that it's hooked up any help. Also can I take my Columbus to a closer service center then my dealer?
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttinchief View Post
Hey a question on hooking the Tv up to the surround sound stereo? Got the optical plug and hooked it up to the tv and tuner but can't figure out how to set the Tv up to acknowledge that it's hooked up any help. Also can I take my Columbus to a closer service center then my dealer?
Cuttinchief, I was able to get the tv to go through the surround sound by hooking the optical cable from the satellite receiver to the surround sound!!! It sounds wonderful!!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station

Cuttinchief, I was able to get the tv to go through the surround sound by hooking the optical cable from the satellite receiver to the surround sound!!! It sounds wonderful!!!!
I have an older box that does not have an optical cable connection.If I were to just use the antenna how would you hook it up.Thanks in advance?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #31

I couldn't get it without going through the sat receiver ............... going from the surround sound to the tv didn't work in any way shape or form for me!!!
and the receiver is a bit big........... won't fit where I want it to fit!!! has to go above the tele in the cabinet above the surround sound............. not done fiddling with it yet. Really don't want to have to have a door open the entire time we are out.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station
I couldn't get it without going through the sat receiver ............... going from the surround sound to the tv didn't work in any way shape or form for me!!!
and the receiver is a bit big........... won't fit where I want it to fit!!! has to go above the tele in the cabinet above the surround sound............. not done fiddling with it yet. Really don't want to have to have a door open the entire time we are out.
Still working on it
Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #33

We are looking at trading our 2011 Keystone Avalanche 320RK for the new 2013 Columbus F320RS....as in a couple weeks....any advice? Am I making the right decision? #concerned
hbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #34

Columbus 320 RS

Don’t let any of the “issue” posts impact your decision. This is a great RV. Most of what is posted pertains to issues, but if you look carefully, hidden in most of those posts, you will find very happy owners. The factory has been receptive to all concerns and suggestions posted and have yet to find anyone who could not get their problem(s) solved. They stand behind their product.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Don’t let any of the “issue” posts impact your decision. This is a great RV. Most of what is posted pertains to issues, but if you look carefully, hidden in most of those posts, you will find very happy owners. The factory has been receptive to all concerns and suggestions posted and have yet to find anyone who could not get their problem(s) solved. They stand behind their product.
I believe that is true with ALL FR products. People just need to remain calm, courteous and work with the dealer (if possible) and FR to get the problems resolved.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
I believe that is true with ALL FR products. People just need to remain calm, courteous and work with the dealer (if possible) and FR to get the problems resolved.
Well said!!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #37
"On the road again"

Get Your Columbus...and LOVE IT as we love ours!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbro77 View Post
We are looking at trading our 2011 Keystone Avalanche 320RK for the new 2013 Columbus F320RS....as in a couple weeks....any advice? Am I making the right decision? #concerned
I don't think you can make a better decision in my opinion. We've had the 320RS since the first week of March and we've had it out 41 nights so far and put over 3,000 miles on it (most of that right here in North Texas).

We've had it in the shop twice during that time...once we dropped it off and didn't pick it up until the following weekend simply because of convenience sake, but it was ready in 3 or 4 days. This time we were having some minor tweaks, adjustments, squeaks, etc. taken care of - and the most serious thing...a backflow valve on the black tank flush was installed backwards not allowing water into the blackwater tank when we tried to flush it.

HOWEVER - this turned out to be a great deal, because while they had the shower assembly loose to replace that valve...they also made our shower head much more secure by putting a plank of wood behind and anchoring the shower head to the wood behind the shower wall.

The second time they replaced the notoriously faulty Dometic (not a Forest River issue) bedroom air conditioner and they told us to "go shopping and come back in an hour or so". When we got back in 1 hour and 15 minutes, it was finished.

Some people haven't been as fortunate as we have - but many others have. One thing I have noticed - it appears Forest River has been extremely responsive to doing the warranty repairs.

Just simply for peace of mind...I'd recommend you go ahead and buy the $150 second year warranty that is available.

Bottom line - you're going to love it, and hopefully all us "earlybirds" helped identify the bugs and they've got all that ironed out.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

I don't think you can make a better decision in my opinion. We've had the 320RS since the first week of March and we've had it out 41 nights so far and put over 3,000 miles on it (most of that right here in North Texas).

We've had it in the shop twice during that time...once we dropped it off and didn't pick it up until the following weekend simply because of convenience sake, but it was ready in 3 or 4 days. This time we were having some minor tweaks, adjustments, squeaks, etc. taken care of - and the most serious thing...a backflow valve on the black tank flush was installed backwards not allowing water into the blackwater tank when we tried to flush it.

HOWEVER - this turned out to be a great deal, because while they had the shower assembly loose to replace that valve...they also made our shower head much more secure by putting a plank of wood behind and anchoring the shower head to the wood behind the shower wall.

The second time they replaced the notoriously faulty Dometic (not a Forest River issue) bedroom air conditioner and they told us to "go shopping and come back in an hour or so". When we got back in 1 hour and 15 minutes, it was finished.

Some people haven't been as fortunate as we have - but many others have. One thing I have noticed - it appears Forest River has been extremely responsive to doing the warranty repairs.

Just simply for peace of mind...I'd recommend you go ahead and buy the $150 second year warranty that is available.

Bottom line - you're going to love it, and hopefully all us "earlybirds" helped identify the bugs and they've got all that ironed out.
We have had our 2013 320rs since June and so far we are very satisfied. The only issue so far was a loose wire on the living room a/c which was a Dometic matter and not Forest River. This is our third camper and this is by far the best one. Highly recommend.
1jeb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #39

We have had ours since May and really do love it. We have had it in with the dealer for a few problems and so far Bryan at FR has always dealt with them very promptly. Our only problem is our dealer, very slow at dealing with issues. So go ahead and get one you won't be disappointed. Can't wait until we can take ours out again.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #40
Trailer Trash

Took delivery of a 2013 320RS myself at end of June. Early production models will have bugs. Dealer prep and care will vary dealer to dealer. I wanted a 2012 model with the 4 propane tanks. Well, hindsight being 20/20 the 2013 model seems to be bug free so far for me. Faults on mine so far:

Floor anchor for center island and dining room chair came loose during transport. I think this was RR tracks, and road construction bumps.

Electric side of water heater seems very wimpy compared to propane side. But other RV owners tell me thats normal. Electric side works fine for faucets. Doesn't have enough guts to recover if you take a shower. Better have propane on if showering.

Bedroom closet door - floor slide guide anchor came loose. Again bad roads.

Reception for radio in basement - works great on sunny day, works like crap on cloudy day. Anybody know were and what kind of antenna is for this radio? TV reception works great for both living room and bedroom with regular crank up antenna however.

Absolutely no cleanup down inside of hideabed couch. Flipped it open to size up an air mattress and found styrofoam, wood chips/shavings, and a large wood screw. More styrofoam beads behind the couch up against wall. This is just sheer lazy ass work by dealer's prep guys.

The typical trim strips on ceiling are loose/have gaps.

Dining room table not fastened down. The floor in dining area is very thin and flexible. Makes table wobble. This is plain bad design. No updates for this yet according to my dealer.

Thats it. Everything else in working order. Considering these big 5th wheels are a small house, the list I show above is minor and easy repairs for dealer or do it yourself. The thin floor on dining area is another story. I'll have to check my MN dealer and ask them if the models they have in stock have this issue.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote