Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnemt
Wow!!!!! what a flurry of negativity, Well let me say this we purchased the Columbus 365RL this year after looking at many 5th wheels and actualy owend a couger 5er, and 5 tow behined from verious manufactuer and they all had some problems Oh Mr Montana, we checked out your camper line and ran from it because i would never pay 90,000 or more for a camper that is made out of the same material as our 50,000 couger both a keystone product. What i mean is that you think you purchased a high end camper but it is built the same way as our cheaper couger with the same products,and i am sure you have your owns set or problems. So do not throw stones at things you know nothing about. As i said earlyer i have been pulling campers for 20 years. so i do know what i am talking about when it comes to a well made camper. and there is no such thing as a perfic made camper.
After running from the montana and looking at other high end camper, we walked in to the columbus it was love at frist sight with the layout and dacore, I did look deeper and saw Lippit components,Dometic,Suburban,LED lighting,tank heaters,GE,Toshiba,gell coat,1000 watt surround sound, a Roof that a 250lb guy can walk on with out sagging,my floor does not sag when i walk on it,injected foam insulation that will not sag over time, christ i can go on but got to get up early. WE have done 9 trips this year,1,150 miles and 42 days living in our columbus and my only problem is my black tank water valve leaks. Now i am not saying i will not have other problems down the road and you will too, but i am pretty impressed with columbus so far.
Wow is right! There are many of us that love our Columbus not just two other couples. We have loved every second of our Columbus with minor issues that have been fixed very quickly and correctly by our dealer. Majority of the people who own the Columbus ARE loving it. We spent the money knowing we were buying a camper that rolls down the highway, not a house. We have spent 35 nights and 1500 miles. We have been stopped at gas stations, restaurants and campgrounds with people asking us about our rig we are always proud to talk about it. There are going to be a few issues with anything you buy. This Columbus line has gone crazy! We were just at out dealer the other day thinking about changing out our door. The service guy said that the plant is going crazy trying to meet the demand. He said it started out just being about 400 units now going over about 1500-1700 units. They have listened to some of the comments we made about design and made changes. While at the dealer he told us to walk through the new Cedar Creek the have made many changes to their line to look like the Columbus. We walked through it and for us it did not compare at all to the plushness of the Columbus line. So glad to have a Columbus.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #62
Trailer Trash

Mine turned into a piece of frozen unusable trailer trash that I can't do anything with for 6 months. It's called off season aka winter.

A friend of mine wants to buy a few Columbus rigs, drag them out to the oil fields in North Dakota, and turn them into upscale massage campers. Theraputic massage only of course!

He was going to park them at the Williston Walmart at first until he could find a suitable location. He then found out RVs got evicted from Walmart. Funny what ideas are invented after a 12 pack of beer during weekend campfires.

Walmart story below.
North Dakota Walmart Evicts RVs | Vogel Talks RVing

joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #63

Let me affirm camper couple's post. We have spent 90 plus nights and 1200 miles in our 2013 235 RL Columbus. We have encountered very minor problems which we were able to correct ourselves. We would certainly repeat the purchase. No regrets.

Patrick
Old 11-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #64
Factory Rep

Thanks for some positive posting here. I do monitor all problems. I take them to staff meetings. We don't just discuss them but we address with a fix. Changes have been made from the initial start up and we will continue to do our best at giving more bang for the dollar.
This brand came about from someone living 2 years in a fifth wheel and making many a list as well as talking to other campers.
We know that with production and use some problems will crop up. After all, that is why Every brand carries a warranty.
Once again Thanks to all, for your patience and your support, and your ideas.
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #65
john I

you too, every where we went this year 9 trips we always had people stop to look at our 365, they are amazed at how nice these campers are and the high end options . Last count we had 22 people come looking we joked that we should have charged admisson.

Sher and i think we should start a columbus club, like the Montana owners have
1963 5'2" wife Sheri
johnemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnemt
you too, every where we went this year 9 trips we always had people stop to look at our 365, they are amazed at how nice these campers are and the high end options . Last count we had 22 people come looking we joked that we should have charged admisson.

Sher and i think we should start a columbus club, like the Montana owners have
Love the idea of a Columbus Club!!!!! We are out for the last weekend this year ........ I will be counting the days til spring!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Couple

Wow is right! There are many of us that love our Columbus not just two other couples. We have loved every second of our Columbus with minor issues that have been fixed very quickly and correctly by our dealer. Majority of the people who own the Columbus ARE loving it. We spent the money knowing we were buying a camper that rolls down the highway, not a house. We have spent 35 nights and 1500 miles. We have been stopped at gas stations, restaurants and campgrounds with people asking us about our rig we are always proud to talk about it. There are going to be a few issues with anything you buy. This Columbus line has gone crazy! We were just at out dealer the other day thinking about changing out our door. The service guy said that the plant is going crazy trying to meet the demand. He said it started out just being about 400 units now going over about 1500-1700 units. They have listened to some of the comments we made about design and made changes. While at the dealer he told us to walk through the new Cedar Creek the have made many changes to their line to look like the Columbus. We walked through it and for us it did not compare at all to the plushness of the Columbus line. So glad to have a Columbus.
I own one of the First units and I have had a few problems from simple to major. But I will say that the Columbus Factory has done everything to provide me with outstanding customer service. I will not complain due to this fact and I still think the amenities and style still has me liking my Columbus better then anything. I want to RSI treats that the factory has been nothing but dedicated that the customer service I received was first class. You have to understand that all new models will have bugs in them. It's not until the customers and forums like this help the owner to fix kinks in the armor. All units have had problems. I had as big an issue as anyone could possibly have with their unit but the factory was on point taking care of me. I am a professional who understands customer service is always number one. Columbus I believe has the same values. No company intends to produce anything but the best. If they didn't care they wouldn't be committed and be in the business that creates a product for others at this level. I believe I sold a 320 today while picking mine up at the dealer to couple looking and had wanted to see the Columbus. Oh and I still like the 320 the best but the others are nice just not fits my needs. I would just say if you are having problems maybe it's the dealer because I have dealt with the factory and still waiting on a issue to be resolved but I am positive it will be just fine knowing the factory.
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station

Love the idea of a Columbus Club!!!!! We are out for the last weekend this year ........ I will be counting the days til spring!
Let me know we should all meet up somewhere and pull in a site to meet and talk
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #69
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickdana View Post
Correct, it was not completely closed when the t handle bottomed out. After much looking I accidentally discovered the large nut at the base of the t handle would adjust the bottom out point. As I turned the nut the handle came out some when I pushed the handle back in the leak stopped. That was several dumps ago and it still does not leak. We are full time since August this year. Prior to that. We were 5-6 months camping each year. We really like our Columbus 325rl.
Thanks for thi nfof as my Black Water tank leaks as well, my dealer said to put the lube in it and that shoiulkd fix it. He said if not they would have to tear the whole underside out to repair the tank. Well, i can tell you that the valve lube did not work so I will try adjusting them like you said to see if I can fix this.Cause it is embarasing to pull up to a dump station and when you remove the cap stuff comes flowing out!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #70
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
My columbus black tank also leaked. I found that it can be adjusted at the t handle. Mine no longer leaks.
Mine leaks as well, I looked for and adjustment but could not find it, Do you have a picture of where it is??
2021 4 reserved
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #71
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I want to throw my 2 cents in here, I have a Columbus 295RL and absolutely love it. We traded in our Cardinal for it with no regrets. Just like all other EV manufacturers, you are never going to find a perfect unit off the line, I have had a few minor thing that I have found with mine, but fixed them all myself. That is why they also give you a warranty, because it is their way of saying we want to fix anything that you find wrong as it helps them prevent it for the next one that they build. No regrets with our purchase, Happy Campers!!!
2021 4 reserved
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post

Mine leaks as well, I looked for and adjustment but could not find it, Do you have a picture of where it is??
The large nut that is visible where the t handle. Goes through the wall. It appeared to work like a brake cable adjust on a bicycle.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #73
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

The large nut that is visible where the t handle. Goes through the wall. It appeared to work like a brake cable adjust on a bicycle.
OK I will have to look I thought that nut was molded into the plastic to where I couldn't get a wrench on it. I will have to take a closer look. Thanks
2021 4 reserved
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #74

Took my 325RL to the dealer for a entrance door replacement (original one was warped) and a leaking black water valve. New doors looks and works great. The new door didn't come with the decal or trim. Dealer had to order them. Technician worked several hours on black water trying to reroute the cable to make it easier to open and close with no success. Dealer is contacting factory for replacement. The design is flawed. In that the cable makes an 360 degree loop. This makes it very difficult to operate the valve. Chris if you are monitoring, is there a solution?