Old 11-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #11

Dbuster & Turbs

Bedroom has 3 connections labeled: Satellite, Cable, Auxillary ( I think). Are these existing connections there just for "show" or do they serve a purpose? I have tried all three including using a jumper coax cable between the 2 not used in all possible combinations as suggested elsewhere in forum. All to no avail. I do not understand why another cable run is needed if manufacturing already did this for me.

TV works great using build-in antenna and air reception. It also works great using the Sony DVD Blue Ray. Since the Satellite connection is made from Tailgater to house "Satellite" connection that provides great functionality to the living room TV, why does this fail in bedroom? Does this bedroom connection labeled "Satellite" have nothing to do with the rest of the wiring by same name within the RV?

Something is not clear to me here that I continue to fail in understanding.

Thank you for your responses

Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic97 View Post
Dbuster & Turbs

Bedroom has 3 connections labeled: Satellite, Cable, Auxillary ( I think). Are these existing connections there just for "show" or do they serve a purpose? I have tried all three including using a jumper coax cable between the 2 not used in all possible combinations as suggested elsewhere in forum. All to no avail. I do not understand why another cable run is needed if manufacturing already did this for me.

TV works great using build-in antenna and air reception. It also works great using the Sony DVD Blue Ray. Since the Satellite connection is made from Tailgater to house "Satellite" connection that provides great functionality to the living room TV, why does this fail in bedroom? Does this bedroom connection labeled "Satellite" have nothing to do with the rest of the wiring by same name within the RV?

Something is not clear to me here that I continue to fail in understanding.

Thank you for your responses
Pm sent

Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447902525088.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	94586
Living room tv area - jumper from aux/satellite black to satellite red, now signal is transfered to bedroom.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447902429282.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	583.8 KB
ID:	94585
Bedroom tv area - jumper From satellite black to satellite red, now signal is transfered to basement.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #14

Thank you all for your responses, pictures and diagrams. I think I finally got it now. We will be heading south for the winter right after turkey day. Will try this again once we settle on the CG and the Tailgater is connected again.
Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #15

Usually if you run your Sat cable through a splitter it will knock the signal down and leave you with only SD. It really needs to be a direct connect to the receiver.

Okie

08 F450
USMC Okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus