Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #51

I hope they make you happy Bill. I thought about your issues today and climbed under and through my 320 today from end to end just to double check everything and see what I could learn. The fit and finish on my unit is top notch so you shouldn't have to settle for anything else. As far as I'm concerned they should be throwing some goodies your way for your trouble too.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #52

More and more good news, I'm extremely happy that you are getting the satisfaction you require and deserve.

I was pretty sure that Columbus would come to the party, I've have nothing but praise for the reps that I've dealt with during the initial phases of our purchase.

My main concern was the way you would be treated by the dealership. I've had some pretty negative encounters with sales staff during our search for a unit. Tortie remarks to questions I've asked about safety related topics, pass the buck attitudes and as I received these I removed the dealership from my list of possible vendors.

It is good to know that the dealership you picked is on-board and willing to help.

I definately hear you about why camping is so important to you. The people that we have met during our 27 years of camping have been fantastic, everyone has a story to tell and the campfire tales can be quite interesting.

My kids (now grown) are quite envious that we are now going to head out on the road without them, they have a lot of fond memories of our many cross country excursions.

But again, I have to say, you have to set your priorities. A unit, as damaged as yours seems to be, can only lead to fustration and a very negative or poor camping experience. It can lead to "Why did I do this??", "I should never have..." and can leave a bitter taste about camping.

Sure, you might loose out on a couple of hundred bucks in camping fees, but your friends will understand why you had to miss the trip, and with the care and service you're receiving now, may consider your type of unit as their next replacement unit.

As others have pointed out to you, request a loaner while yours is being repaired. It sounds like with the level of support your about to receive, the dealership would be more than happy to make sure your experience will be possitive.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #53
Not-so-Junior Member

Friday update:
The driver picked up the trailer yesterday and took note of every issue. This morning the service manager called me and updated me. They have taken all of the measurements needed and have ordered everything from the factory. In the meantime, he told me, they have started working on the issues that don't require parts.

His indication, and my hope is, that they might have it done by end of next week, March 1st, or beginning of the following week. All good news.
1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #54
Not-so-Junior Member

To Chris Columbus:

Your inbox is full and you can't receive any messages according to the FR Forum. Here's the error message:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-02-22 at 11.45.27 AM.png
Views:	58
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24636  
1952 Blonde Nurse
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaBill View Post
I'm going to keep a positive outlook here by believing the Columbus reps and RV Supercenter when they both told us that we will have our Columbus completed in time and that we WILL be happy! So I know it will be completed in time and all of the issues will be beyond satisfactory!

With that said... we will definitely be getting a replacement trailer if things don't go as planned...
Great, Again thanks for sharing your experience with all of us. Combined with horror stories we have heard from others over the years of camping I would sum it up as saying: Finding a good dealership/vendor is maybe more important than the brand & model of RV you are purchasing! "Service after the Sale" is so important especially on a big investment such as a new RV! If you buy discount or internet then you shouldn't be surprised if you get "discount" or less service over the life of your RV. (My opinion from what I've experienced or seen)
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
53Oliver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #56

VenturaBill sorry to hear all your problems with your Columbus that driver must not give a sh***** about his job or the customers product that he is delivering.See that you also got the fiberglass back cap we also ordered that on ours make the back look good. Hope you have your trailer back soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
Not-so-Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaBill View Post
Friday update:
The driver picked up the trailer yesterday and took note of every issue. This morning the service manager called me and updated me. They have taken all of the measurements needed and have ordered everything from the factory. In the meantime, he told me, they have started working on the issues that don't require parts.

His indication, and my hope is, that they might have it done by end of next week, March 1st, or beginning of the following week. All good news.
Wednesday follow up: Another setback on getting our Columbus returned to us...

The dealer ordered the replacement parts last week and requested that they be shipped so he could receive and install them in a timely matter. During the time since then I have talked to the dealer everyday and they are completing work on all of the issues that don't require parts.

When I talked to the service manager today he notified me that the factory had not shipped the parts as he had requested, but had waited until a trailer rolled off the line yesterday, then put the our parts inside for the transport to take to the dealer in California. Now we have to wait until some time next week for parts to arrive?

Most of the parts could have and should have been shipped out. There was just the replacement counter top that had to be made and it, and that would be fine if it had gone out on the trailer headed for the dealer for delivery next week.

Hopefully the transport driver will not take 8 days as our driver did to get that trailer with our parts out here. The dealer's service manager has said that he will do his best to get everything installed once it arrives, in the meantime we wait... again.
1952 Blonde Nurse
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #58

What was wrong with your countertop?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #59
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
What was wrong with your countertop?
I think he said there was a big gouge/scratch in it!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #60
Site Team

I'm glad the dealership is helping you out. You are bring very patient and level headed about this. It is refreshing to see someone to give things a chance to work out before slamming a dealership or manufacturer. Hope things get fixed soon.