Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #61

Venturabill, It is pretty common for the factory to ship parts ordered in another delv. I know this because they shipped a damage ladder on my unit that way. They save alot on shipping that way. It would probably take just as long to get them if they shipped them Commercial way by a freight line. Depending on the what size the parts are, and a counter top is pretty big. I have faith in FR they have been great with me. I'm sure they will make it right for you, It's easy for me to say but HANG IN THEIR, and sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #62
Trailer Trash

That countertop is not going via UPS. Too big! It has to ship via freight trailer method. Or inside an RV already going to the dealer which yup saves shipping costs. Either way, The parts are getting there via rolling tires and a trailer.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #63
Not-so-Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
That countertop is not going via UPS. Too big! It has to ship via freight trailer method. Or inside an RV already going to the dealer which yup saves shipping costs. Either way, The parts are getting there via rolling tires and a trailer.

I understand the issue with shipping the countertop, and FR has been very helpful by expediting the manufacturing of it and getting it to us...

With that said, I don't see any reason that the cracked slide out parts couldn't have been shipped via UPS so the dealer could get working on that. Not only does the gear rack have to be replaced, but then the dealer has to have somebody come in and re-adjust the slides afterwards since both right and left slides are hitting the Beau flooring. It all takes time...
• 1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #64

VenturaBill so sorry to hear about your problems. However thanks for putting the pics and info in this forum. I have just pulled the trigger on a 320rs as well. The pics will help me in going throu ours with a fine toothcomb in about 6 to 8 week.
Good luck.

txcolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #65

Thanks for your post. After reading yours and other posts and having visited the Columbus Factory and saw 1st handed how the quality control & testing of finished units work that 99 9/10 of the problems found after delivery to the dealer are problems encounted during transit. It goes back to your "Dealer" and their reputation! I wish there was a rating system like eBay & Amazon uses for their "sellers" so we could weed out the dealers who want to undercut the reputable dealers just to make the money on pure sales only and the "customer be damned" and this goes for any RV Product & Brand! The whole issue of the counter top & shipping should have been handled with your dealer you bought the RV from because of how much they made from the sales! With dealers that don't take care of the customer after the sales, who needs enemies???
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
53Oliver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #66
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Oliver88 View Post
It goes back to your "Dealer" and their reputation! I wish there was a rating system like eBay & Amazon uses for their "sellers" so we could weed out the dealers who want to undercut the reputable dealers just to make the money on pure sales only and the "customer be damned" and this goes for any RV Product & Brand! The whole issue of the counter top & shipping should have been handled with your dealer you bought the RV from because of how much they made from the sales! With dealers that don't take care of the customer after the sales, who needs enemies???
This is a special section of the forums here just for dealer reviews. Click link below.
Dealer Reviews - Forest River Forums
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #67
Camping Crazy

Bill, I just looked at your pictures and all I can say is WOW. I will guarantee you that Columbus did not let it out of the factory that way and that the dealer should never have accepted it in that condition. If I were you I would demand a brand new unit and let them do what they want with that one, because what other problems are there that you can't see. I had a great experience in buying mine and took approx three hours to do the PDI with the dealer. Your dealer should not have let you take that off the lot no matter what the reason was. The Columbus line is one of the best out there right now for Fifth Wheels and it is not the fault of the line. Your dealer and the transport company are completely at fault here and I believe you will find that FR will make things right for you. Please post a follow up and let us know how things turn out.
2013 Columbus 325RL

columbusfan325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #68

I have read this post with great concern as I am wating for my 320RS. I took my trade to the dealer 3 weeks ago and was told I would have it in by the second week in May for a trip. he told me if it was not in they would give me a rental unit at no cost. but I declined and have been told the unit might be in by the end of next week.

After reading this post I am taking a magifing glass to check it out when it arives.

Keep us posted on the final outcome and good luck.
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote