Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #1

Compass 378MBC Cooling Feedback and other reviews

I am looking to upgrade to a new mid-bunk fifth wheel and like the Compass 378MBC floorplan. As a close second is the Sandpiper/Sierra 372LOK.

People with the Compass, how well does the AC cool your unit? We are going to be full-timing in Florida and see many people complain about the dual AC units in the Sandpiper/Sierra struggling to keep up when hot out to the point of some install a 3d AC unit. I can't find many comments positive or negative about the Columbus unit cooling. How does yours do in hot locations.

Does anyone have any other comments positive or negative about their Compass 378MBC or the Columbus construction, fit, finish, etc?

Are people having problems with their hydraulic leveling systems?

No trailer is perfect, but its nice to not be buying a lemon brand.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
larryi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #2

I have a 2016 340RK and have not had any cooling issues.

I have had problems (2) with my leveling system rams leaking. One was fixed under my 2 year warrenty and Columbus has decided to not replace the second one under warrenty because my coach was taken to the dealership 2 weeks after the warrenty was up. That was the soonest appointment I was able to get. The appointment was made before the warrenty end date. My extended warrenty is taking care of the second issue. My dining window will not lock when it’s in the down position. This happened on our trip before it was taken to service. Columbus will not be replacing the window either.

As far as your discussion on fit and finish, I cannot give Columbus or Forrest river a good review because of my issue with the wiring issue of my refrigerator. You can read my problem in this forum (Norcold refrigerator turns itself off). When you do have a warrenty issue, it has been my experience that it takes Columbus weeks to get the parts to your service center.

I feel that your investment is only as good as the dealership service center and the manufacturer standing behind their product. I have not had good luck with either in this situation.

Good luck.
Beachclan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling