Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #1

Couple Questions on Columbus Construction

Can any Columbus owners tell me if their coach has attic vents?

Does anyone know what type and how much insulation - as in R-value- is in the Columbus slides? We had our first chance to do a walk-through of the 320RS yesterday. The carpet at the edge of a slide was loose. We lifted it up and spotted the bubble foil insulation, but I have no idea what the R-value would be, and there's no way to check the roof of the slide, of course.

I am aware that I could use the Contact Us link on the Palomino Web site, and I know that I could PM Christopher Columbus with these questions (and I have done so with the second question), but that doesn't make the information available to everyone interested in knowing, which to me is a main benefit of a forum like this.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Factory Rep

Columbus do not have attic vents. Because, the roof is all full of block foam insulation. No big air pockets like those that aren't built with all block foam insulation. Better insulated roof and quieter.
Lets Go Camping !

Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #3

Thank you for replying Christopher Columbus.

I totally get your point Would condensation would be a concern in foam insulation? I will discuss this with the sales rep, but it's always nice to share information such as this publicly so that others can access it should they want to know. I'm new to campers, and a not so knowledgeable female to boot. But I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I make a wise choice.