Old 08-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Columbus 302 rs

DC lights in Columbus 302rs

We've had our new Columbus 320rs for almost a week now and are working on a few issues that have appeared after hauling from Ohio to Virginia.

One that should be simple is that two of the 12 volt lights have gone out.
One is above the location for the theater seating and the other is above the sink kitchen area.

Does anyone know how to open the fixture. I don't want to break it. Is the glass dome attached via clips and you simply pull down and out or is the dome a screw in item or none of the above.
I expect I'm dealing with simply loose bulbs or wiring nuts.

Thanks for any help from those that might know.

Got the sound working on the TV, turns out the audio cable was plugged into the wrong connection on the back of the TV by the factory. I will need to drill a hole in the basement floor for the TV coax table as otherwise the basement needs to be left open.

Of couse the basement radio doesn't have sound but appears to work otherwise for tuning and volume indicators.

My next issue will be dealing with the outside shower that doesn't shut off.
I've used wireties to crimp the hose until I can get the faucet repaired or replaced.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #2

The interior LED lights pull away from the ceiling. Use your fingers around the perimeter of the lens and gently pry it away.
Are you sure the outside radio doesn't work? I had to turn my volume up pretty high before I started hearing it on the outside speakers. I also use the 3.5mm plug and use my iPod.

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Columbus 302 rs

Thanks for the info on the lights. I didn't want to break them with the wrong action.
I'll try turning the radio volume sky high and see what happens.

You're a great asset here on the forum.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
We've had our new Columbus 320rs for almost a week now and are working on a few issues that have appeared after hauling from Ohio to Virginia.

One that should be simple is that two of the 12 volt lights have gone out.
One is above the location for the theater seating and the other is above the sink kitchen area.

Does anyone know how to open the fixture. I don't want to break it. Is the glass dome attached via clips and you simply pull down and out or is the dome a screw in item or none of the above.
I expect I'm dealing with simply loose bulbs or wiring nuts.

Thanks for any help from those that might know.

Got the sound working on the TV, turns out the audio cable was plugged into the wrong connection on the back of the TV by the factory. I will need to drill a hole in the basement floor for the TV coax table as otherwise the basement needs to be left open.
You should have an outside receptacle for the coax

Of couse the basement radio doesn't have sound but appears to work otherwise for tuning and volume indicators.

My next issue will be dealing with the outside shower that doesn't shut off.
I've used wireties to crimp the hose until I can get the faucet repaired or replaced.
Don't know about the rest. Most of the pancake lights the lense slides off.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Trailer Trash

Coax connectors are in the "water works" compartment aka outside shower area. There are 2 of them and they are labeled cable tv and satellite dish. This lets you run cable from dish, antenna, etc. under camper and then come up via the big hole where you run water hose into water panel connectors.