Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #11

Just picked up my new 320RS last week and using it today for first time. I had the original Trail Air on previous 5er and now I have Tri-Glide. Noticeable smoother ride. 6 way leveling is great, once I figure it out. I like the double frig. Had a 10 CF in old trailer and was afraid the 8CF would be too small. Not a full timer. I like the backup camera. Works great.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
Grape Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
12" frames and 8K AXLES are great for heavier rigs, a bit over kill for a 320RS.
We have the Roto Flex pin box options as the Tri Glide was not offered at the time we ordered ours. Either is an improvement over the standard pin box.
We have friends with the combo washer/dryer. They wish they would have purchased seperate units as they can run two loads at once and the drying time seems longer with the combo unit.
I reccommend dual pane windows, front AC, slide toppers, and Strong Arm stabilzers.
Auto leveling systems are a personal choice, as is the larger fridge which also wasn't an option when we got ours.
Enjoy your Columbus.
Tend to disagree with your opinion that the 12" frame is overkill. Most 5th wheels are built to the bare minimum limits and with 36' this is a large 5th wheel. When looking at list prices the 365 is not that much more expensive than the32RS.
Let them make a truely outstanding coach and I will be in the market.
Columbus is almost there. It's hard to find fault with what I have seen. The storage of the 365 compared to the 32 is a huge plus IMHO

44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #13

I would love to have a 12" frame under my 320RS, but doing so would increase it's weight as well as it's price; both of which I can't afford. With an empty weight of around 11,000# and a GVWR of 14,000#, the current frame works fine. I don't plan on ever seeing anywhere near the 14,000# with mine, in fact, mine isn't even near 12,000# when loaded for travel. I've seen other 14,000# GVWR high line fivers with the same size frame as my 320RS and there still being towed down the highway in one piece!
I inspected the bare frames at the beginning of the assembly line while at both the Columbus plant and the Sabre plant. I was impressed with their construction and welded braces. They're even strong enough to support my M.I.L., which says a lot.
When I win Lotto and can buy a 3500, I would definitely consider a larger fiver, a Columbus, of course!
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish70mg View Post
Just picked up my new 320RS last week and using it today for first time. I had the original Trail Air on previous 5er and now I have Tri-Glide. Noticeable smoother ride. 6 way leveling is great, once I figure it out. I like the double frig. Had a 10 CF in old trailer and was afraid the 8CF would be too small. Not a full timer. I like the backup camera. Works great.
I ordered the 6 way leveling on my unit too; I downloaded the manual, and on the very first page, there is a list of warnings. The first warning is:

"BE SURE TO PARK THE UNIT ON SOLID, LEVEL GROUND"
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
Trailer Trash

If I am on solid AND level ground, why would I need an auto leveler?

Tags
320rs