Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #1

Direct tv wiring issue

Direct tv tv here now. Cannot get get signal inside camper?
Tsan731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #2

We cannot get a signal on the living room tv. Satelitte jacks within camper not working? Any advice?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

Is the booster on the wall plate off? If you run a direct line to the receiver without going through the camper lines, does it work? You may have to trace the lines to find a direct sat feed line in the camper. If the Direct guy has a "toner" he should be able to find it.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #4

If you've never used the Cable-In on your RV, my guess is that they swapped the Sat & Cable input wires. It might also help if you told us what brand and floorplan your RV is, either in your Signature or Profile information.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #5

Sorry for the lack of info. We have a Columbus 365 rl, we were able to get the the direct tv working in the basement area but not the living room. Direct tv tech said that it was a wiring issue in the camper but we have not had a chance to check it out yet.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #6

I took my 325 in for the same issue the signal splitter behind the wall in the basement was bad
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #7

Satellite has to have a direct cable with no splitters between. If you are getting a connection to the basement outlet, sounds like it is wired wrong. Usually bedroom and basement cable outlets are fed through a splitter behind the booster which would give you cable TV and OTA antenna signal to bedroom and basement. I have found two of the four fifth wheel trailers I have owned in the past six years, all different manufactures, there was a problem with the cable wiring. One I never did get any signal to the bedroom, had to run a cable through the window. I think most all RV manufactures must hire 5 year old's to do the television cable wiring.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring