Old 04-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
Dometic DM2852 Fridge Issues - Need some advice

I am having issues with my unit. I turned it on last night for my weekend out at the lake coming up. Went back out to the lake tonight to find the fridge and freezer very warm. Last year I replaced the thermistor with one of those snip the tip units and it seemed to work for awhile. I had unplugged the thermistor and it seemed to work OK for the remainder of last season. The thermistor was plugged in again when I turned it on last night. I have a new direct replacement thermistor which I could install but am not sure that is the problem. I am contemplating switching it to propane to see what kind of temps I will see. Could my electrical board be on it's way out? Looking for some advice as to what to look for here. When the fridge was quite warm you could hear a gurgling noise like the fluid inside the pipes was bubbling hot. Any advice? Is it worth changing my thermistor? Should I try it on propane? Should I just call a repairman?

2013 Ram 2500 SLT 4 x 4 c/w 5.7L & 4.10 - 6spd Auto
2013 Palomino Sabre 34TBOK-6
2014 GMC Sierra SLE 4 x 4 c/w 5.3L - 6 spd Auto
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
iceman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #2
I also had a problem with mine. I went to light it off the night before a trip on propane.
Wound up taking it to the dealer 1st thing the morning of departure.
Found out that the galley slideout was pinching the rubber hose from the quick couple to the fridge fitting. Replaced it with one from a new Sabre and was gone in 20 mins.
Working great now.

.................................................. .................................................. ...................
2014 Sabre 32 RCTS-6 Platinum
2002 F350 SD 7.3 Powerstroke
tugger50 is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic, fridge