Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
Commercial Member
There are no things such as "factory rebates"...

The discount that RVW offers WHEN you finance through them, is because they will make "back end" money on the loan. They get a "buy rate" from the lender, and any percent they add to that is back end profit.

If their buy rate is 3.49, and add 2%, you pay 5.49%......more than makes up for that "discount".

Steve and Vicki
2 kids
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD Outdoorsman
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #32
Site Team - Lou

Financing through the dealer can be a pretty good deal (especially if there is a principle reduction) BUT:

And it is a big BUT:

How is your credit rating?

Can you qualify for a lower interest rate and/or longer (or shorter) terms at your local credit union?

What is the total interest expense? Your best deal is the one with the same term of loan AND the least interest cost over the term of the loan.

If the 3,000 dollar principle reduction comes with an onerous interest rate the savings on the camper can be wiped out by the higher borrowing costs.

I have 3 cool excel spreadsheets that allow you to play with interest rates and terms to decide which financing variables will cost you the least.

If you want them I will have to work "file magic" because most Office types are not allowed by the the forum software. (If you want them, I can rename them to a permitted type and when you get them you will need to rename them to the correct extension - OR PM ME your email address and I will email them to you).

FYI my camper loan was for term of 10 years and I got it June of 2009 at 6.39%. At the time a 10 year loan was at a payment I could afford yet allowed for early payoff (which my dealer's loan prohibited).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #33
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
$1000,00 for pdi ?

Are you kidding? $1000.00 for PDI. This is done by the FOREST RIVER factory at a 20,000 sq ft facility. Says so right on the back of the
Brochure. It is the responsibility of the dealer to clean, remove the wrappings, stickers, clean the outside from towing from the factory.

Cold day in you know where that I would pay for a PDI. Unless there is a "WALK-A-WAY" penalty, I would cancel in a heart beat!
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #34
So by the looks of things it was already in the price, they just didn't give you the breakdown until after? Well, I guess if you are ok with the price then it doesnt really matter how they break it down. Your decision, obviously. Good luck
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #35
PDI's are not new to dealers. Our dealer may have added a few dollars to the selling price, but did not charge an additional charge. If the dealer charges extra it should be considered part of the total sales price.

I would look to another dealer you feel uncomfortable as you are establishing an on-going relationship with them.

gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote