Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes they are worth it when you have kids or on longer trips and they help cut down on the amount of clothes, underwear and socks.
We pay for the electricity and water anyway in the campground.
With you only wearing Thongs why would it matter? Youroo!!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerl1016
We have the Columbus 320 RS on order. I know it has the hookups for washer and dryer but am wondering about an outside vent. I can't recall from the one that we looked at. Can any owners help me out. We are thinking we wouild prefer a dryer that is vented outside but really hate the thought of cutting a hole into the wall. Any help? What brand of washer/dryer is being used. Thanks for any input.
I went with the stackable whirlpools from sears apt. size. Ours is vented outside through the side that was installed by the dealer. It looks nice

Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #23

So I'm looking to purchase a new 32 RS Columbus. Any suggestions on must have's? This is my first 5th wheel, and next I need to buy a tow vehicle. Any suggestions helps.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk
The dryer is a model TVM63X and the washer is a model ARWXF129W.

They work pretty well. They take a bit longer than my home washer/dryer but that is to be expected. Power usage isn't really a problem. You do need to make sure your grey tank is open while using. They won't fill up an empty tank but I don't want to take the chance with a half full tank.
We are also thinking about getting the washer & dryer. I like the fact of having them both compared to one unit doing both jobs. How long does it take to dry clothes? Is it really worth it to you to have these units in your TT? Our 1st TT didn't have them. I hated having to leave, to go and spend 2 hours or more at the laundermat.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamarie

We are also thinking about getting the washer & dryer. I like the fact of having them both compared to one unit doing both jobs. How long does it take to dry clothes? Is it really worth it to you to have these units in your TT? Our 1st TT didn't have them. I hated having to leave, to go and spend 2 hours or more at the laundermat.
We and others went for the all in one made in Italy Splendide. Iggy and a few others went for the vented unit, I and few others went for the ventless model ( no hose, dust or outside vent. I use it every day to every other day (3 months in Fl) and heres the operation. Wash cycle with rinse and spin is probably 30 minutes. I then have it go into a 20 min dry and keep an eye on it. Can't let stand too long. At the end of that while still hot I open and pull out syn fabrics dry easily, shake and lay on bed, add more dry time etc. If le.t go for 40 minutes most will over dry and stay wrinkled.
Learning curve, first few times clothes came out like fall leaves in a drought. Works great we probably on 50 loads thus far since last March. Like you hated laundromats. I'm on a elec meter and i'm figuring about .50-.75 cents/ perload. I learned most of thes units made in Europe, must be small, all cannot vent through thick walls, can't always get high voltage and surprise, surprise they are built by only a few mfgrs. With iimporters names like Spendide and Ariston etc. Good luck in your choice, they all better than "going ashore".
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU

We and others went for the all in one made in Italy Splendide. Iggy and a few others went for the vented unit, I and few others went for the ventless model ( no hose, dust or outside vent. I use it every day to every other day (3 months in Fl) and heres the operation. Wash cycle with rinse and spin is probably 30 minutes. I then have it go into a 20 min dry and keep an eye on it. Can't let stand too long. At the end of that while still hot I open and pull out syn fabrics dry easily, shake and lay on bed, add more dry time etc. If le.t go for 40 minutes most will over dry and stay wrinkled.
Learning curve, first few times clothes came out like fall leaves in a drought. Works great we probably on 50 loads thus far since last March. Like you hated laundromats. I'm on a elec meter and i'm figuring about .50-.75 cents/ perload. I learned most of thes units made in Europe, must be small, all cannot vent through thick walls, can't always get high voltage and surprise, surprise they are built by only a few mfgrs. With iimporters names like Spendide and Ariston etc. Good luck in your choice, they all better than "going ashore".
Thanks for info.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttinchief View Post
I went with the stackable whirlpools from sears apt. size. Ours is vented outside through the side that was installed by the dealer. It looks nice
We allso have the stackable whirlpools and like them a lot,just wish they could have vented them out the bottom insted of out the side.It would looked better
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #28

We recently received our 295RL and will add a w/d latter.

Can anybody pipe in on buying the all-in-one unit versus seperate stackable units.

My wife and I like the versatility of having seperate washer and dryer so you can do more laundry at the same time.

Thanks.

Jon
B&W hitch
2013 Columbus Palomino 295RL
Jon_Celia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Celia
We recently received our 295RL and will add a w/d latter.

Can anybody pipe in on buying the all-in-one unit versus seperate stackable units.

My wife and I like the veratility of having seperate washer and dryer so you can do more laundry at the same time.

Thanks.

Jon
Like any w/d setup, drying always takes longer, esp 110 v. One or two units doesn't change that. Stack=more wt., space and money.